“"A happy surprise"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mill Resort & Suites

Save Saved
You added The Mill Resort & Suites to your Saves list
The Mill Resort & Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 330 | Aruba, Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Paramus
“"A happy surprise"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was my first time staying in ARUBA and i was here for only 3 nights so i did not need a high rise hotel. I wasn't expecting much, and to my surprise the Mill Resort delivered a wonderful experience. My room was spotless at all times, very quiet and close to everything. I really enjoyed their buffet breakfeast, a great way to start off the day, the wait staff was friendly but did not speak much english. The walk to the beach was less than 5 minutes. the only complaint i'd have is that the people at the front desk seemed confused, and unorganised. I loved the pool, but they had a strange and strict towel policy. Over all i got much value for my money and would be happy to refer this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The mills was a great place, we stayed a week. The resort is within walking distance to the beach, sores and a bus that can take you much further into town. The pools were good, lounge chairs adequate and the staff were very friendly. I don't have one single complaint. Wish it were an all inclusive!

Oh they have this crazy list of all the prices in your room in case you take something your well informed of the cost added to your bill. If you get a suite room with a kitchen make sure you once over the items and let them know what's not accounted for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at the mill to see the high rise area in Aruba. Lets just say it was the worst experience we ever had.
The staff there needs a reminder of customer service. It was advertised as the friendliest resort in Aruba, however it was the meanest resort in Aruba. They give you a towel and your expected to hold onto it for your stay, despite they fact that they staff the towel stand???
Lets talk about the rooms. Not only is the room completely lacking and sort of comfortable feeling; I really appreciated sleeping on a futon! I have never slept on a more uncomfortable bed in my life! Beds nowadays use box springs as well! They post signs stating how expensive water is in Aruba and not to abuse it. Where they need to write, our plumbing is terrible! The walls are paper thin, so expect not to have a restful stay. The best is their "mote." Besides the smell of dead fish, attracting Mosquitos is not a good idea.
They tag you with a bright yellow wrist band to inform everyone that your staying there. They make you walk through the Westin to get to their beach. That was the biggest reminder that you made a wrong decision. The Westin was decorated nicely and was friendly, not the mill.
Just do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed January 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was anxious to stay at the Mill Resort after reading some of the reviews regarding location and age of the resort. First, the Mill Resort is located directly across the road from the beach - a few minutes walk. I was quite amazed people used a shuttle to take you right across the road!?!! Second, we stayed on the first floor, back side of the resort near the tennis courts. Few was lousy but it was a newly renovated room with a full kitchenette. We made breakfast, made a daily beach picnic lunch and a number of times cooked dinner here too! Perfect! Yes...the walls are paper thin but the drone of our room's air conditioner and bathroom fan kept the noise at bay. The room was super clean and cleaned to a sparkle every day! I suggest you ask for a suite and not their standard rooms - they looked terrible. BTW...you don't have to wear those silly yellow bracelets. Just keep them handy for getting a chair at the beach. That's all you need them for. I would definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are quieter!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lethbridge, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We just got back from spending our Xmas holidays (incl Xmas Day) at The Mill. Seriously, our stay was regrettable. There was no interest or courtesy shown at all right from the get go. I should have realised when trying to confirm our stay prior to leaving on holiday that this wasnt good. It took days to "get through" and when I did because of the time change (I was calling from Canada) I was reminded in no uncertain terms to call only during specified times. Reservations work from 10 t0 2...I called just after.
Once we arrived our stay deteriorated from there. There are a lot of specifics that I could outline however it really wouldn't do much. Individually, there were a few staff members who were receptive to us so we thak them for making our stay tolerable.They are a small hotel trying their best I'm sure however if you want comfort, some peace and quiet or just some friendly contact The Mill is not for you.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to the Mill for 10 years. We skipped last year and was welcomed this year to remodeled rooms that were a pleasure to stay in. No more rock hard beds, leaking a/c vents and broken doors. My only issue is that the check in process is still too long. Looking forward to another stay this year

Stayed January 2013
Selden, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

ive been to aruba 25 times, always stay extra nights somewhwere. decided to book the mill at $100 per night. a steal at that price. where can you go anywhere in the world for that price? the place was quaint with some old world charm, since i rent a car anyway i still went where i wanted to go, especially to eagle beech. to top it off i had won big on a crap table and left $6000 as well as all my jewelry and my wifes jewelry in an open room safe all day the following day. the room had been attended and nothing was missing! love it!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Mill Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!