“Diana Bisdikian” 5 of 5 stars

Warm Up in Aruba
Miami Beach, Florida
“Diana Bisdikian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Best place in the world to feel like a millionaire. Everybody greats you as a friends. I am visiting Aruba since 1959.
In your hotel whatever your problem is, it is resolved in max 15 minutes.
Our room was very good .The beds CONFORTABLE, maids ok.room service ok, nice view

The only thing I will suggest is if possible rooms with shower instead of bathtub, because handicap persons ( my husband is one) can not enter easily in the bathtub.

Before I forget I am very thankfull to Mrs. Erna from the front desk she helped me a lot with the room..

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just got back from staying at this great resort, wow what a great time for the whole family! The location, beaches and facilities all top notch. I would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat. Special shout out to Hermina who was instrumental in helping us have such a wonderful time. Two thumbs up, will tell all our friends about this great destination.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott the week of Oct 19th to Oct 25th. It was our 22nd wedding anniversary. Melinda Pineda was great finding us a room with a wrap around balcony facing the pool with a partial ocean view. The people at the Marriott were wonderful & very friendly. On the 3rd day of our trip I needed to see a doctor & was put in touch with one from one of the girls at the concierge desk. The doctor was 10 minutes from the hotel. She saved our trip so a special thank you to her.

Now on to my review.
The room was spacious & the bed was fantastic. The bathroom was also spacious but the staff could be more attentive to the mold in the shower. I didn't have the heart to mention it to the housekeeping girls as they were so sweet.

The family pool is very nice but the Oasis pool is the best for relaxing & quiet. I didn't like that the pool guys were taking money to reserve chairs with umbrellas for the next day. Is that the hotels policy? Every 2 chairs should have an umbrella. The lunch at the pool bar was tasty & reasonable. The drinks are expensive although they do have 2 for 1 during the afternoon

The LaVista buffet is nice for breakfast & dinner but expensive. A better alternative is the café in the main lobby where you can get a Bacon, Egg & Cheese on a roll with a coffee for about $10. They also have fruit, bagels.

For lunch I recommend going into town to Ling & Sons supermarket. They have everything. We purchased some cold cuts(Dietz & Watson) & a loaf of rye bread & made sandwiches in our room. We also purchased some beer, wine & some snacks to cut expenses. Everything in the hotel is super expensive so this is a great way to safe some cash.

For dinner we ate out 3 of the 6 nights. Madam Janette's,Chalet Swiss & Ruth's Chris were fantastic. We also ate at Champions they have great baby back ribs.

We rented a car for 3 days but wouldn't do so again. Taxis are right outside the main lobby & are very reasonable. $10 was the most it cost me though I didn't travel to the other end of the island.

The Marriott is at the far end of the high rise section with nothing around. We didn't know it but the Hyatt which is 5 min by car( we found this out as we were going to the airport to go home) is right across the street from all sorts of restaurants, bars & shopping.

The staff at the Marriott was fantastic special thanks to Melinda Pineda who sent us a bottle of wine for our anniversary & to the housekeeping girls Max,May,& Roseline Masson who always had a smile for us when we saw them. It was a great vacation & I look forward to staying at the Marriott again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a wrap around balcony. Try to get the upper floors as the lower floors depending w...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just returned from the Marriott Stellaris in Aruba and it was a great trip! Like lots of other folks before us, the staff was just great and really made for an enjoyable trip. It all started with the great room assigned by Kimberly Polo Pena, as we really enjoy spending time on the balcony, and Kimberly provided a room that provided a great ocean view! Check in went great and Ersa was a pleasure to deal with and Shar took the time to come out and personally greet us which was a nice touch. We encounterd a number of hotel staff throughout the week as well that we would like to mention. Nelsa who did a great job in cleaning our room, Clifford who was great at the adult pool and always willing to provide what ever you needed, Jorge who served the drinks and always smiling, Feli was great at Wave's, Asdubal and Maria who made for a nice night at Simply Fish and Bibi who was so pleasant in the morning at the lobby cafe.

As for the resort, it really had a nice mix of of restaurants, although we did like to go off site for meals as well which is why we did not go for the tradewinds. As mentioned Simply Fish is a must, and Champions was great for watching a game and the lobby cafe had really good breakfast sandwiches. The pools worked out great as well. We would hang at the adult pool for most of the day, as it was very relaxing and then would venture to the main pool later in the day and listen to the music.

As for other restaurants, we really enjoy eating outdoors on the beach, and we enjoyed Moomba's which is next to the Marriott Surf Cloud and Passions on the beach was very nice as well and similiar to Simply Fish.

I really can't think of anything negative, and my only other suggestion is don't get too concerned when checking the weather prior to your arrival. We checked from two weeks prior to our trip to the day before and saw no sunshine in the 10 day forecast!!! Yet every day was sunny, with some clouds, but in Aruba, clouds provide a nice break and every day had many hours of sunshine.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I will not bore with details as in past, plenty of other good reviews on this site. But a few highlights.
#1 is Reshma in Guest Services, she is at the heart of the property and her enthusiasm for the guests really shows. She is expecting in a few weeks so we wish her and family the best. This time we made a new friend at the Adult/Beach bar (good firend to have) "JASON". Fantastic customer service, best drinks we had while visiting by far. Lots of local advice and even let me play country music in the bar for bit. So Jason along with Reshma were a bit hit. However we know in the background are many others we don't see so a big thanks to the whole staff for another awesome visit to Aruba. The Bar manager (Jose?) gave a visit and the attention to detail and care for how things are done are constantly being upgraded and tweaked. We recommend to add TV to Adult bar and a bit of music (not loud) but not quite so quiet either.
Austin in the Restaurant, May at front Desk, Anicasa our housekeeper were all exceptional during the visit. Why do we remember there names, you should visit and meet them then you will know. The staff try to make you a friend on your first visit. Enjoy your visit.

Room Tip: I withhold this advise because I'm greedy to get what I think it the best room. However every ro...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Vincent,

Thank you for your wonderful review! Matt, our Hotel Manager is away from the hotel and is not able to personally respond as he usually does. We are super happy that you stay with us was indeed successful one! We are glad that our staff was always friendly and always willing to help including Reshma, Jason, Jose, Austin, May and Anicasa; they are excellent! Hoping to see you again soon with us.

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Aruba Marriott Stellaris hotel from 11/11/14 thru 11/18/14 to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. We tagged along with friends from Pittsburgh who were also celebrating a wedding anniversary. The other couple made reservations earlier than I did for the Tradewinds Club at the hotel and told me what the daily rate was. I procrastinated a little in actually making the reservation and when I did a couple weeks later found that I had to pay $34 more per day. That didn't set too well but I made the reservation anyhow. So SW flight from Pgh was good. Coming out of airport at Aruba we saw the taxi porter...$25 to the Marriott Stellaris. You have to keep telling taxi drivers that it's the Marriott Stellaris because next door to the Stellaris is the Marriott Ocean Club timeshare and next to that is the Marriott Surf Club timeshare. Everybody differentiates by saying "Marriott Stellaris". When you exit the cab at the hotel you tell the porter that you are staying in the Tradewinds Club and are immediately ushered with all your luggage to the 8th floor check-in desk. This desk in located inside the Tradewinds Club area where you also will be having breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, evening appetizers and drinks for the remainder of your stay. Attendant at the check-in desk reviews everything pertaining to your stay rather quickly and it's hard to remember everything. Tip...from the papers handed you, cut out and keep handy the hours for the Tradewinds Club so you don't have to remember them for the 5 meal times. Even though I'm a Marriott gold elite rewards member I wasn't offered a free room upgrade. Our friends (not rewards members) checked in a little later and did get one. When we visited their room though, I decided I liked our room better. Our room had carpeting in the bedroom area and their junior suite had all wood flooring. We had a view of the pool too and they didn't. Their room was bigger. We both received a free bottle of champagne and strawberries for our anniversaries. We both received letters at check-in stating that we could have $50 worth of free phone calls to U.S. My letter said I was getting that because of my gold elite status. But they also got the $50 phone deal. Bed was very comfortable, closet was big, two sinks in bathroom, small fridge in room, safe in drawer. Tradewinds food was good but coffee too cold. Staff was excellent in replenishing food and cleaning tables. Evening wine/liquor selection was good. You could make a meal out of evening appetizers. No food/drinks allowed out of club except for water and soft drinks. Entire staff at hotel was very pleasant and helpful. Room cleaning a little spotty...kept forgetting wash cloths...I had to call but always prompt response. Grounds are impeccable...adult pool, kid pool, beach, lobby, all very well kept. Marriott timeshare solicitors are roaming around pool and beach. We did sign up for a sales presentation next door. It lasted 2 hours. It took three hours for our friends. They didn't say NO enough. For the two hours we got $100 in vouchers and 10K rewards points. Spent the $100 vouchers plus $26 cash to go on De Palm catamaran sunset cruise which was WONDERFUL. You can purchase in the lobby. Walked out front to the road one day and rode the public bus ($2.30 fare) to town. Bus driver will even give change. Town is completely safe to walk around. Merchants all speak English and give change in U.S. money. Everyone in town was very nice. There are no panhandlers. Rode the bus to the eagle beach area and had lunch. Taxi back to Marriott Stellaris.. Kept thinking we missed that free lunch in the club but that happens if you want to explore. Nice touch of being Tradewinds resident is that your room key works the elevator to shoot you directly to 8th floor. Stallaris casino is small and not fancy. Good 24 hr deli in the lobby. Some other nice shops in lobby area also. Overall this is an excellent hotel. Two beautiful pools in an oasis of palm trees and soft sand at the beach with calm turquoise water. Had a wonderful romantic dinner at Simply Fish that I'll review separately. Buffet dinner at La Vista was good. Check-out at 8th floor desk was easy. $25 to airport and home...hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Our friends lined up at 6:30 AM for a beach/pool umbrella...I wasn't getting up that early. The...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

While staying at your resort, it's hard to imagine feeling any more spoiled. The staff by the pool,Cliff,Oswald,and Nicole (just to name a few) were fabulous. LaVista is a Homerun with the best breakfast buffet ever.Their staff is also great. We look forward every morning to see Josephine and Venge when we arrive. Then Francis who waits on us most days is the best. We love this place and now go twice a year for 10 nights. Our friends Tom and Donna Archey are the ones who turned us on to this place as they have been going there since it opened.When I asked Tom how he felt about the experience at your resort he said. "Its good to be the King!"

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our resort. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. We are happy to read that your stay with us met your expectations and that you return to Aruba and the Marriott twice a year! Indeed Tom and Donna are sweethearts and they have been coming here for years, we love having them. Hoping to have you soon again with us.

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team

Been to Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!