“First Time in Aruba” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hoboken, New Jersey
“First Time in Aruba”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This was my first time in Aruba, we stayed at the Marriott Stellaris. Overall the hotel was nice, clean and inviting. The staff was incredibly nice, everyone from the check-in desk, the maids, bartenders and servers were all wonderful. We stayed at the adult pool during the day which was wonderful. My only issue with the adult pool was although they say they are open until 7pm, every day we were there (4 days in a row) there was a sign posted that the pool would be closing at 4pm for a wedding. It was a little frustrating to pay for a cabana for the whole day and have to leave before the day is actually over. We got an amazing rate by booking our rooms in February for our May trip. The hotel had a special running. With the price we paid, great service and cleanliness of the hotel I would definitely return and recommend to anyone booking a trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear FormerDiMaria

Thanks for staying with us this month, it is very much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you had a great time with us and that you first visit to Aruba was a success. I am however sorry about the adult pool closure, we certainly should have planned that week better, and we have now made changes to how we set that area up for Weddings so that there is less disturbance to our guests. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,090)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

It was a great trip at a wonderful hotel. We had our company's Presidents Club award trip down in Aruba and this is the hotel that was selected. It had beautiful pools, nice spa services, a casino, good gift shops & jewelry stores, and had great restaurant/food choices. The view from the hotel room was beautiful and loved taking pics of the beach and the boats going by - the water is so pretty. Had a great time and the staff/amenities at the hotel made it a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kpieken

I am so glad that you enjoyed your presidents club trip to Aruba, your group was great fun to have as our guests. You are right about the views, they really are spectacular. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort it is very much appreciated.

Brownsboro, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Aruba Resort in the Tradewinds Club level for 6 days and had a great experience in all respects. Food and service were top notch and the staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. This is especially true of the lovely Hermina, who runs the show on the beach and is always smiling and going the extra mile. Aruba certainly is "one happy island" and you'll want to go back often.

Room Tip: All rooms were good but the Tradewind experience is superb.
Dear Lee

Thank you for mentioning Hermina, she certainly deserves your comments. I will see her later today and give her a copy of your review, she will be thrilled. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Queens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Again another great vacation at the Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino. We just got back-stayed 10 days. We have been going to the Marriott for the last 14 years. Every year has been great-and this year was even better than the rest. I want to thank Verna Dijkhoff -every year she does a fantastic job making sure that any requests we have will be taken care of. I also want to thank Galina Popa-rooms operations manager for also helping to make our stay wonderful.
What can I say-the food, beach, pool, casino, and room made us feel like we were on "One Happy Island". All the people working at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. My wife and I can't wait to go back next year. If you have to choose any hotel in Aruba to go too-Choose this one!!!

Dear Howard

Thank you so much for being such a loyal guest of ours, it really is appreciated. I just showed Verna your review and it certainly made her smile. I will also show Galina a copy later on today, she will be thrilled. See you again next year.

Virginia Beach, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My wife and I visited Aruba (11 – 17 August) for a second time and decided to stay at the Marriott Aruba Resort based on recommendations. We had a fantastic time and were extremely happy with our choice.

The hotel is located near the end of the “high rise district” so there is a short walk to other restaurants and shopping. The property is well maintained and grounds are absolutely beautiful. Our 5th floor room faced the pool/ocean and provided us with beautiful sunsets from our balcony. The room and bathroom were clean, standard in size and nicely decorated with all items in working order. The king bed was very comfortably.

The family pool is large and clean with a swim-up bar. The beach does tend to get somewhat crowded but you can always retreat to the “adults only” pool as we did in the afternoons. As others have mentioned you have to reserve a palapas (for beach shade) but we were told the process for doing this at check-in so it wasn’t a surprise when nothing was availably the first day.

For dinner the first night we ate at Simply Fish, located directly on the beach. The food was very good and the service was excellent. We also had the buffet breakfast at La Vista and lunch at the Lobby Café. The food at both restaurants were fresh and tasty.

In general the people of Aruba are very friendly and outgoing. The staff at the Marriott Aruba is no exception. They do an incredible job of making sure your vacation stay is special. One employee in particular, Ursula (housekeeping), did a fantastic job taking care of our room, greeting us in the morning and treating us like family.

As I mentioned this was our second visit to Aruba. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt which we thoroughly enjoyed. Both properties are very nice, you won’t be disappointed staying at either hotel. However, I would have to rate the Marriott just a tad higher.

Dear VBGuy

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. Hopefully we will get to see you again soon.

Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed a week in this resort with my family and I am overall quite satisfied of the whole accommodation.
It’s a good, solid hotel and very possibly the best in the area which is referred to as “high-rise hoteles”. The lobby is very well appointed and welcoming. Check-in was super fast. We had a room on the second floor, overlooking the pool but still with a partial ocean view. The room was large enough, with a very large bathroom. Over good, but it’s starting to look dated. As usual for Marriots, there was a bath tub with a shower curtain, which is just ok since I prefer showers, but this is a personal opinion. Enough storage room, including a walk-in closet which you access from the vanity area of the bathroom. Everything was spotless clean.
We were on B&B rate and breakfast was served at La Vista restaurant. It’s a standard Marriott buffet breakfast, overall very good and plenty of options. My only complaint relates to French toasts and pancakes not being warm enough. On Sunday, the buffet was absolutely excellent, with several additional yummi options. Service people were all excellent.
Beach and pool: I’ve seen others have already described the reservation process for beach palapas, so I’ll skip this part. I’ve to say I did not experienced it first hand since I have never stayed the full day at the hotel. I rented a car instead and went off for visiting the island’s other beaches every morning right after breakfast. After one or two beaches, I used to come back to the hotel in the mid afternoon for final relaxing (shower, air-conditioning, bars, ecc…) and at that time I honestly never had problems in finding an available beach palapa or chairs at the pool side. Overall, the pool and beach area are well maintained. One word about the beach, which is called Palm Beach: it’s a nice sandy beach spotted by palm trees, but there are too many beach palapas plus the usual lot of beach sport huts and piers offering all types of activities. This happens for every hotel and since hotels are one after the other, the whole beach is crowded and overall spoiled. Beware: it is still a great beach, I am just making a comparison to other beaches in Aruba, among which my favourite was by far Eagle beach, where the low-rise hotels are.
Having a car, I have not used the internal restaurants except for the pool bar. They looked good but expensive. There is a large area close by where you can find all sorts of restaurants and bar. That is where other hotels are, such as the Hyatt, Radisson, Riu, etc. The Marriott is may be a 15 minute walking distance from there (or a 6 dollar ride, if you take a taxi) but it’s indeed quieter.
Would I go back? Yes, but I'd consider the low rise area too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Alberto

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Aruba us a safe island even during hurricane season because is often out of the path of most hurricanes. This hotel is located on Palm Beach whis is the best on the island. The hotel has been at this location for a long time and continues to offer great service. Make sure you secure your "palapa" on the beach for three days at a time (for a fee but worth it). You can have a romantic dinner on the beach at Simply Fish. The food is excellent and the price fair. Try a reservation to catch the sunset. Within walking distance there are less expensive food choices. Overall, I think that Aruba and the Marriott offer a great Caribbean vacation.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear JulioRB

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.

Been to Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!