“Great place to stay in Aruba, especially with Tradewinds” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Warm Up in Aruba
Massachusetts
“Great place to stay in Aruba, especially with Tradewinds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

First time to Aruba for my wife and I and, after reading all the reviews, decided to go with the Tradewinds option at the Marriott (and very happy we did). Had a great room overlooking the adult pool and a balcony that you can really sit on and enjoy.The hotel and property are very nice and I like that it is almost at the end of the hotels at eagle beach (seemed to make it less congested around the beach area versus the other hotels). Pool areas were great as well and thought the adult pool was one on the better ones we had ever been visited given its size and layout. Took full advantage of the food and drinks in the Tradewinds lounge but also visited some of the closer restaurants for dinner which were very good as well. I think even without taking advantage of Tradewinds this would be a great place to stay and looking forward to the next trip - if nothing else to get my money back from the casino!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Dapmassachusetts

It sounds like you had a great time in Aruba. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Trade winds Club; it really is a nice touch of adult luxury. You are right about our beach being a little less busy; our location is nice in that we are not in the middle of all the major hotels which helps reduce the beach traffic. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
Saint John, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We absolutely loved this resort. The view is great and the beach is very nice. There are many choices for meals and all the restaurants are good. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The maid service was excellent. The hotel itself is very nice and has been kept updated. The concierge was very helpful even though I had booked tours ahead of time. The fitness center was great. The casino s fun although they do still allow smoking in there and it can get pretty smelly. We were in there last Saturday night and it was pretty busy. We would definitely go back to Aruba and stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: If you want an oceanfront view then pay a little extra it was worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Vicki

I love you Trip advisor picture, is that your family all jumping off a boat? It is a brilliant shot. I am happy that you enjoyed our resort and our island, and it sounds like you all had a great time. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here after a horrible 10 days at the Occidental. What a difference!!! This place was amazing from the moment we walked in! The Marriott brand really knows how to treat people. We stayed on the trade winds level and could not believe everything they offered. The food all day was amazing!!!! The people here were amazing, and the casino was great!!! Loved every minute. Wish we had stayed here longer!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Dana

The Tradewinds really is a great option for adult only time, so I am glad that you liked it. I will make a point of showing the Tradewinds team your review, they will love it. Thank you so much for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Aruba.

Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel last week while on vacation in Aruba. The service was great, the room was beautiful, the view was spectacular, the bathroom was spacious and they bent over backwards to make sure that you were satisfied. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a vacation to Aruba.

Room Tip: Just ask at the front desk and they will do their best to get you a nice room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mark

Aruba is a great spot for families so I am happy to hear that you all enjoyed our island and our resort. Our team is made up of associates with families so they do take pride in making our resort fun for all the family, I will be sure to share your review with our team at this months all associate meeting. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I just came back last week with my girlfriend and it was a pleasant experience. I tried to find a reason not to like this place but couldn't find one. Although there are things that could have made our experience better but overall we had great time. The things you would have to get use to is the slow service. If your like me a person thats use to the city life and you expect fast and prompt service then you wont get that here. For some reason you have to wait a long time for your food, the check, and refills of your drinks. I understand that your on vacation and suppose to take things slow and enjoy the moment but when your there for a week you like to eat as quickly as possible to enjoy yourself. The main pool is full of kids all day but at night its good for couples to take a late night dip. The pool at night as a romantic glow of red and blue. There's a Jacuzzi right next to the main pool and sort of hidden. The alcoholic drinks are watered down so your better off taking shots or drinking beer. You can expect to pay somewhere between $11-$12 per drink/shot. There are no waves in palm beach so if you want to surf or enjoy the waves you have to travel to other parts of the island. There is a adult pool called the H2 Oasis pool where there is a bar that serves food poolside. The adult pool also has it's own cabanas and lounge chairs at first come first serve. The casino isn't that big with a few table games but you can still enjoy yourself if your a slots person.

Room Tip: Ocean and Garden view rooms are romantic. Alcoholic drinks are watered down, buy shots instead. Chea...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Kingkirko

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort and our island. I am glad that you liked our adult pool; it really is a tranquil spot and a perfect place to spend your vacation. Yes the Caribbean is a little slower, but I will talk to the team about the service speed as it shouldn’t negatively impact your stay. I have to say I love your picture of the beach; the sky is so blue, absolutely beautiful. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This Hotel was a perfect choice for us, we spent an equal time at the beach and two pools. The adult pool was the best as it was quiet and peaceful. Getting a Cabana or Tiki Hut at the beach was a chore and you have to wait on line to reserve the huts. Beach chairs and towels are free and never a line. The beach is very clean and well maintained, we saw others that had dead leaves and sea weed on the sand.
Everything about this place was classy, we enjoyed the food, the shows and nightly entertainment. We had no problems with our room and any interaction with the staff. Yes food and beverages are sold at resort prices but not more that you would expect from a Resort like this. The concierge were very polite and helpful, they helped us book our tour and excellent restaurant reservations.
Like others I was expecting lush Caribbean style vegetation on the island and was disappointed to see that it is mostly sand, coral and cactus. The Hotel area differs greatly because they plant and maintain elegant gardens throughout. This is a wonderful place with many happy people and were happy that we spent a wonderful week there.

Room Tip: Of course Ocean Front is the best view and you pay for it. This time my wife and I chose a room with...
Dear Angel

What a lovely review thank you so much for your kind words. You are right in saying that we are not a typical lush Caribbean island, but yes the beaches are awesome. Next time you come to Aruba, take a trip to Arikok National Park, it is stunning and does show of the natural landscape of the island, rugged with some really interesting history. Again thank you for taking the time to write your review and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We are still at the hotel leaving on Monday. The Trade Winds is just great. Form the moment we entered enough couldn't be done for us Margaret was great, our air conditioning was not working well In Our room and she offered us another room. But they resolved the problem quickly. I believe the staff wants you to be happy.... All the trade winds staff are amazing. Hermina at the beach was great and when she comes around with water and eucalyptus soaked towels it's sheer heaven. You do have to get up about 6:00 am to get a palapa on the private Trade winds Beach... There are plenty of other places at the pool to get great shade.The lounge is really nice and had tons of complimentary food and drink! I am going to miss this place. I LOVE it here... I am coming back ASAP

Room Tip: Try to get ocean view, if you want to upgrade to the adults only(big treat) Tradewinds floor well wo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Mego

I saw Hermina today and she was so happy after seeing your review, you made her day. I will also make a point of showing it to Margaret as well; I know she will be thrilled. Thanks you so much for your kind comments, and I will certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!