“Stellaris is the best, but we need more pool shade Matt” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Stellaris is the best, but we need more pool shade Matt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

So this April break we decided to try the St Kitts Marriott instead of Stellaris at Aruba. We love the Stellaris and we missed it a lot this year. St Kitts was great and a lot quieter for those on the blogs saying they want that, but there's no Caribbean Island like Aruba for weather, food, direct flights, and friendly people and the Marriott is awesome.

Our only issue wit Stellaris is the number of umbrellas, lack of shade at the pool and the mad rush to get pool chairs between 6:30-7:30. Matt- why can't the Marriott install more umbrellas or do what St Kitts has done and have most seats with the canopies? Please do something to help with this as it's the one consistent complaint heard about the Marriott Stellaris.

With that said we will be back again next year as we love it!! We've made good friends by going each year and we'll be back for sure.

I will up my review to the highest next year if there's more shade at the pool.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Bruce

Well I have to say that this is the first time I have been mentioned in a review title, I am not sure if I like the fame, but will try and get used to it and not let it go to my head. I do understand your comment and the need for shade, however all of Aruba’s beautiful beaches are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have is not regulated by the hotel. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular with our adult guests. We are also looking at ways to extend our beach & pool area this year to add even more shaded areas, so hopefully when you return we will have some extra spots for you to enjoy our resort in. Again thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (896)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This place is amazing! The rooms were very clean and well appointed. The grounds are beautiful and the pool area is outstanding. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. There is a restaurant on site that sits on the beach "Simply Fish"! Best dinner I have ever had!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You are right about your Paradise review title, some days I have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming, it really is Paradise here. It sounds like you had a fantastic time with us. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in 2013, decided to write a review now since I just recommended to a friend who is going.

Hotel has everything to keep you entertained... lobby bar, entertainment, casino...
Great for all ages, we are in out early 30s and enjoyed ourselves.

I know sometimes all-inclusive is typically a better option for kids, but we saw the all-inclusive hotels there and they seemed rundown... there is so much to explore in Aruba in terms of restaurants that I wouldn't want to limit myself.

Ps - Service is great! As well as clean and nicely kept grounds

Go, you will love this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TravlerTwins

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you really enjoyed our hotel and our island. You are right in saying that there are lots of places to explore on Aruba, it really is a diverse island. . Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

So this was my first time visiting this resort as I've stayed at the Riu and Radisson prior. I heard great reviews and have been in the market to buy a time share here for the last few months so I booked my stay at the stellaris.
Upon arrival my room was not ready,I asked ifI could have a 7th floor room but was told they were all sold out. We originally booked a premium ocean view. ( beware this is really a "partial" ocean view room) which was not what I was expecting at all. We were given a roomon the 6th floor overlooking the family pool and limited ocean view. I spoke with the front desk but they told me that this is what premium ocean was. I was floored as I spent over $300 a night for the view. Not to make a fuss I let it go. When we decided to head to the pool we found the room door would not lock . And there was a horrible musty smell in the room. I personally went down stairs to speak with the manager. I got the run around for a bout 20 minutes until I finally told them I was going to leave and stay somewhere else and wanted a refund. It was a joke my first day basically wasted as we arrived close to 3. After another 20 minutes talking to multiple managers they agreed to change my room to one on the 7th floor the next day. I accepted and had to wait another twenty minutes for maintenance to come fix the door. The following day we had to be out before 10am. I assumed that meant I'd have a room early. Nope. We spent nearly six hours at the beach because all our luggage was stored we were room less and the"new" room wasn't ready until 4pm. Another day basically lost. Now I never ever write reviews but my experience here warranted one.
The final result...we did get a pretty nice room with a view but the service was less than par and a hassle . Not to mention nothing really around the hotel that's it's waking distance and not the best stretch of beach allot of seaweed . I don't think il be returning to this resort .

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Nicole

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today, so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. We are sorry that we missed the mark during your stay, this is certainly not the vacation experience that we pride ourselves on. You mentioned a few points that we need to work on, and this feedback will help us. Once he is back he will go through your comments and feedback with the team.

Thanks

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here last December and had a great time. We upgraded to tradwinds level and had a amazing time, the staff was nice and very helpful throughout the hotel. We liked the fact it was on the end of the strip it gave us a great chance to walk to the uptown restraurants and get a little exercise. The Hotel has a beautiful ropped off area that I swam in everyday, and two pools that were enjoyed for afternoon drinks. I loved sitting in the sun and my boyfriend loved the grass huts for shade. I tried wind surfing it's harder than it looks on a windy day. The Simply Fish restraurant was very romantic and the service was excellent. We enjoying dining in the sand as we watched the waves and the moon shined on the ocean. We could go anywhere on vacation and when I asked my boyfreind where he wanted to go, he said lets go back to the Marriotat Stellaris Tradewinds we know we will have a great time! So we booked it last week. We can't wait we are looking forward to going back .
Nancy R.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Owner at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Nancy

I am so happy to hear that you have rebooked with us; it will be great to have to back as our guests again. Thank you for your comment on Simply Fish, it is one of my favorite spots on the island. You really can’t beat dining with your toes in the sand. Again thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again soon.

Kabul, Afghanistan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've been traveling to Aruba for 15 years and have always stayed at a Marriott property (either here or at the Surf Club) and this was by far the least enjoyable trip I have had. It is clear that the demographic coming both to Aruba and to the Marriott in particular is moving away from older/couples (read: quieter) guests to the Spring Break/large group crowd. I also suspect some of their clientele has moved over to the Ritz. This means the property overall is louder than it has been in the past, from the band on Fridays to rowdy crowds at the pool. The palapa situation remains unchanged - just do yourself a favor and pay the money to reserve on in advance (it's ridiculous but effective). There aren't great options for food besides Ruth Chris which was excellent as always and I had some decent wings at Champions one night. Food and service at the beach and pool is horrible. They clearly don't have enough people working the beach so you have to get up and flag someone down to get service or hope that they wander past you eventually (even when you request they come back to you). Quality of the food was really poor - how hard it is to mess up fish tacos? My request for a king bed was not guaranteed and therefore I did not get one. Also, definitely go for oceanfront over oceanview. I was given a room facing inward toward the pool and opposite side of the hotel. While I could see the ocean it would have been much nicer to enjoy the sunset if I could actually face it. Also, I did not check a bag and carried my toiletries in my carry on. The quart size bag I carried them in was thrown away by housekeeping and I didn't notice until I was packing right before checkout. I had to abandon what remained of my items to include some expensive face cream for lack of the proper bag to carry them in. I doubt I will be returning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Jessie

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay, it is always appreciated. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us this year; we have always had music at the pool area on different days, but the Friday band although popular obviously did not hit the spot with you. We did add our Adult pool a couple of years ago and this has become very popular for a tranquil afternoon in the sun, some of our guests call it the library because it is so quiet, if you do choose (and I hope you do) to return this would be a great spot for your to relax by if we have entertainment in our family pool. Again I am sorry that we missed the mark with your stay but would be happy to talk with you about your experience at any time, just let me know.

Thanks

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed for 8 days at the Marriott Stellaris Casino Resort. We upgraded to the Tradewinds floor and felt it was very much worth the additional cost due to the fact that wi-fi, breakfast, lunch, appetizers, cold drinks and alcohol were included. Also, beach chairs and umbrella's were provided at no extra charge with the Tradewinds. The employees of the hotel were so pleasant and friendly from the moment we got out of the cab... the bell men and housekeeping staff, the wait staff in the Tradewinds, the concierge in the Tradewinds, and Hrimina, who brought us cold bottles of water and cold wash cloths on the beach. Everything was clean in the hotel and on the property. I would not hesitate to return to the Marriott Stellaris if given the opportunity!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shartroy

It is always nice to start the day reading “Wonderful and Amazing” thank you so much for your lovely comments, they are very much appreciated. I will be sure to also personally pass along your note to Hermina, who will be delighted. Again thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!