This was our 2nd trip to the Marriott Stellaris Resort. There were many updates and renovations since our first stay which was 9 years ago and everything was as beautiful as I remembered it. The rooms were clean and comfy. We stayed in a "Premium Oceanfront Room." While I would not consider this to be "oceanfront" the view was still beautiful as we were on the 7th floor. We spent a few days in the sun at the adult pool which opens at 7 a.m. and on the beach under a hut. Both were very nice however, the process of obtaining "a spot" is a little ridiculous. There are approximately 80 huts on the beach which MUST BE reserved ahead of time. Here's the catch, you can reserve a hut in advance for a fee (I think $20 or so) but the Marriott only allows 50% of the huts to be rented for a fee. 25% are free and can be reserved for free at 4:00 p.m. the day before. And the other 25% are free and can be reserved for free at 7:00 a.m on the morning of. Well if you want a free hut, then be prepared to wait on line for at least 1.5 hours as people were lined up at 5:30 in the morning to reserve one. This whole process was just annoying. The adult pool which opened at 7:00 am had people waiting at the gate to throw towels across lounge chairs in order to save their spots until they returned later on. The whole thing felt like a game of trying to be first. It seemed to me like there were just too many guests and not enough space. That being said, this was our only complaint.
The casino was nice, the staff was friendly, the grounds were pretty and clean, check in and check out were easy, many dining options. I would recommend this hotel to others, just be prepared for a crowd.
**Breakfast tip: Le Petite restaurant is within walking distance of the Marriott. Good food and very reasonable. Approx. $10 per person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Marriott's adults only pool H20asis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach