“Loved our stay in Aruba” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% Off in Paradise
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“Loved our stay in Aruba”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently vacationed at the Marriott Aruba Resort and Stellaris Casino in Aruba. We loved the hotel and love Aruba. We had stayed at the Radisson 8 years ago for our 25th wedding anniversary. Eight years later (with other vacations in between) we decided to return. The Marriott was beautiful! Walking out to the beach is excactly what we wanted. We had a garden view room but it was in a great location. We looked out at the pool along with seeing some of the caribbean and beach. We ate at Ruth Chris Steakhouse; very good and pricey. Simply Fish was everything we hoped it would be - good food and beautiful setting. My husband and I enjoyed the happy hour at the pool bar. The only couple of negative things - is the location of the hotel - being at the end of the strip at Palm Beach - we could walk to Holiday Inn and through the lobby to get to some shopping and restaurants but most of everything else was cab distance. We had one incident with the conceirge person. She was not helpful about restaurant suggestions and seemed to have a bad attitude while booking our transportation transfers back to the airport. I complained and the manager apologized and delivered a $50 gift card to Ruth Chris steakhouse! Would I return - you betcha! Loved the Marriott and and love Aruba - great relaxing vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Jenjes3

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you loved your stay in Aruba, and that you thought our hotel was beautiful, it certainly is. Of course I am disappointed that our concierge partners let you down, however it is good to hear that our team made this up to you. You also mentioned Simply Fish, which is my personal favorite; you can’t beat putting your toes in the sand while eating fresh seafood. Thanks again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you both back to Aruba in the future.

2,967 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (834)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited Aruba early June 2013 and stayed at the Marriott Aruba Resort. The accommodations were very, very good especially for the price. The resort is centrally located to everything. We loved it. Front Desk Supv Davia Moncion delivered excellent customer service. The entire experience from the bellman to the casino employees to the lady cleaning the room to the wait staff in the restaurant was outstanding. Can't wait for next year to come back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear StarBrina

Thank you for your review; it certainly puts a smile on our faces when we hear words like “Outstanding” to describe our hotel, thank you. You mentioned Davika, who really is an excellent supervisor within our team, I will be sure to let her know you commented on her. Thanks again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you both back to Aruba in the future.

Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Best place we have stayed on vacation during our 10 years of marriage. Room was best we have ever had and the staff were the friendliest and most helpful we have encountered anywhere.
Due to our wonderful experience, we are going back there again next year.
Thanks for making my 10 year anniversary so enjoyable.

Dear Craineyg

Thank you for your lovely review, I could not agree more with you that “Marriott Stellaris is a Wonderful Place”. I am very lucky to work with such a great team of associates that make it wonderful, I look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate 11 years of marriage next year.

dallas, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We arrived from our flight after a 3 hour delay on the plane :) to a smile, and a lady handing our fruit punch. After we checked in, I had reserved a room with adj construction view, we were upgraded to a room with a view of the adult pool and ocean. It was very quiet and the room was very clean. The hotel was busy but not packed. It was easy to get chairs around the pool. We were able to get the covered umbrellas out by the ocean twice while we were there. The ocean/ beach is very nice at the Marriott. All the water sports are located off the beach here which made it easy to have fun. We rented floats for $5 each and spent a lot of time floating in the ocean. The wait staff was very attentive at both the pool and the beach. Lots of happy hours with something different at each one. Always ask what is on happy hour. The lobby has a small walk up pastry/sandwich/sushi coffee shop. It is very affordable and everything we ordered was delish. We had breakfast here everyday. Really enjoyed the stay. We all felt safe at all times with visible security everywhere especially in the evening. I would stay here again.
The new Ritz is in the finishing stages. Most locals were saying it would be finished and open around December 2013. The noise was not loud from the construction and it really looks like it will be a fabulous hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lettergirl40

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear that you got to spend a lot of time just floating in the ocean; it certainly is the perfect spot for that. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to Aruba in the future.

New Prague, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We own a corporate meeting company and we travel "a lot". This hotel hands down has the most friendly staff we've come across! From the moment we checked in until time of departure we felt pampered. Very clean and well kept. Great beach front restaurant for evening dining. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Nancy C

Thank you so much for your very kind review, what a great way for me to start my day by reading your comments. I am truly lucky to work with such a great team, they really do make my job very easy. Thank you again for your lovely review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba on your next visit.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our girls "Half Birthday" celebration/vacation to Aruba was unbelievably amazing!!! We traveled from June 15, 2013 until June 19, 2013. Check-in was a breeze with Dominique (minus the confusion on which card to administer the pre-payment onto). The room had a great view on the 6th floor of the ocean (and the new construction of the Ritz Carlton which is almost completed). The bathroom was gorgeous; Double vanity, beauty area, walk-in closet, and partition wall for toilet and shower/tub. The room was modern with great linens, flat screen tv, desk, sitting area, nice size balcony, and floor to ceiling window and door to the balcony. Upon our arrival back into our room after our ABC-Tours Island Jeep Safari All Day tour (The best price on the island for the tour and GREAT guides; review to come), we were surprised with a Gift, Birthday Card, and a few slices of Cheesecake from Dominique in celebration of our half birthdays (our actual birthdays are the few days leading up to Christmas; never a good celebration time :-( !). This small notion has such a big place in our hearts for Dominique and Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino (Thank you soooo much Dominique, we tried to look for you everytime we passed the lobby but had no success! You deserve recognition and a raise/bonus). The adult pool was quiet and serene although there was a roaming black kitten around. The family pool had the swim up bar and was quite busy daily. The housekeeping crew did an amazing job cleaning our room and even took the time out to organize our belongings left out on the beds and dresser (Thank you!!). We were a little dissapointed that the Marriott tours center rep told us that the all day Island Jeep Safari Tours was booked out for the next day and only a half day was available. It would have been nice for them to specify that they only book for 1 company and have no knowledge/access to other companies (like the one we booked on our own with ABC-Tours)!! The drinks at the adult pool were sub-par (you're better off going to the Marriott Vacation beachfront bar for happy hour). The gelato station in the lobby was pretty decent (taste the flavors before purchase...I only liked the Dulce De Leche). We had a chance to get a workout in at the Gym on site, and it was a pretty good size for a hotel (2 levels and tons of treadmills and bikes along with other weight lifting machines) and very clean. I wish there was more room in the gym to do yoga and pilattes (and have mats). The hotel isn't really close to all the other late night bars/clubs so keep a stash for cabs. Cab rides to downtown/Renissance Mall was $11 each way, to and from the airport was $25. Overall, this was a great choice for our stay!!! THANK YOU AGAIN DOMINIQUE and the rest of the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casion staff.

Room Tip: The "adj. to construction" rooms still have great ocean views, plus the Ritz Carlton is al...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Arie_T1

I have to say I love that you came to Aruba for a “Half Birthday” celebration, that is very cool. May I suggest you also plan a ¾ birthday celebration for October. You wrote so many great comments about our team, thank you for this, you also mentioned Dominique, who is a true superstar, and I will be sure to let her know about your review. Thanks again for your kind words, it is very much appreciated.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 10th anniversary. The experience did not start out well because they did not have the room we requested available when we checked in. We requested a King room but had to settle for double queens. The room was booked and paid for well in advance, so it was a bit disappointing. In addition, while the service was good during check-in, it was disappointing that we were not offered anything for our anniversary. Normally I wouldn't mention this, however after reading several reviews before our visit, many people described being upgraded or receiving a special gift for their special occasion. One person even mentioned having their room decorated for their anniversary. I don't need to have these things done for me, but it would have been nice to have some acknowledgment, especially when they knew we were there to celebrate our anniversary. In addition to the mix-up with our room, there was a discrepancy in the amount of money being charged to our credit card for incidental fees. The fees were suppose to be $50 per night, however, they tried to charge our card for an extra $200 in the middle of our stay. It took quite a while to get it all straightened out and it was very inconvenient to have to deal with it while we were trying to enjoy our anniversary!

Other than these events, the stay was pretty good. The rooms were average, but clean. I enjoyed the double sinks and walk-in closet in the bathroom. Slippers and bathrobes were also provided, which was a plus. The room had a mini-fridge, but no microwave! I thought this was strange. I did enjoy having drinks on the balcony. Our view was of the pool and ocean. It was very nice!! The maid service was friendly and efficient. We left a small tip everyday and they did a wonderful job. One downside is that the hotel hallways can be very loud. There was noise going on at all times of the day. My sleep was disturbed every night, but I learned to deal with it. The hotel has several restaurants and a casino. We only ate a Ruth's Chris (which was excellent) and enjoyed drinks at the lobby and pool bars. The drink prices are expensive, however, you can get cans of beer and bottles of wine at the gift shop for cheaper. You can bring the drinks to the beach as long as they are not in glass containers. The pools were nice and the beach was lovely, but a bit rocky. We were able to get seats at the pool and a cabana on the beach. Many people have mentioned that this was a problem, but it worked out fine for us.

This hotel is a bit off a walk from everything else. My husband and I walked into town many times because the cab rides can be expensive. There is also bus service available which cost only a couple of dollars. We used the bus to get downtown for shopping and other attractions. Everything was safe and the service was very friendly. Overall, our stay here was pleasant and we would probably visit again.

Dear Kanika681

Thank you for taking the time to write you review, Firstly let me apologize for the areas that we missed the mark on, although you did say that you had a good stay, there were certainly areas that we could have improved on. I will certainly review these with the team, especially the fact that we missed the opportunity to celebrate your anniversary with you. I also have to thank you for the great comments re our balcony’s (yes they are nice), Housekeeping and Ruth Chris, I will be sure to share these with the team. Lastly, I am really grateful that you added some wonderful pictures to your review, they really do show of the view from our hotel. Thanks again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba in the future.

Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!