“The best of the Marriott options” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Warm Up in Aruba
Orlando, Florida
“The best of the Marriott options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Marriott for 7 nights. We had a rough start during check in, however the Manager was able to take care of the situation without too much hassle. This was our first trip to Aruba and we had heard great things about the resort from both Trip Advisor reviews and from friends. The hotel looks like it is the newest and most contemporary (although it's not) of the 3 Marriott resorts on the property and just based on our opinion, is more geared to a non-family vacationers. The lobby bar and casino give you late night options that the other resorts do not- their happy hours are not bad either. The adult pool is very quiet and relaxing during the day, with its own bar and private cabanas for rent. Our room was pretty standard, we had a large balcony, which was nice, and most importantly it was very clean. The room also had a mini fridge that was great for storing drinks- I would definitely suggest hitting the Super Food on your way in to stock up on water and other essentials. The staff was always very polite and helpful. In terms of locations, it is the furthest away from restaurants and shopping but certainly still within walking distance... this only became discouraging towards the end of the stay, so we just stuck around the hotel more. All in all, it was a very good resort and I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for an upscale and relaxing place to stay with good options if you decide to liven up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,011)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

It was a 20th wedding anniversary trip. Told Marriott that in advance. I'm a gold elite member but I thought I did not get much for this. Met a guy at pool and he told me he got chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. So I went to front desk and requested for my wife and self. I could not figure if this was automatic or not. Did not come on the specified day but it came, can't complain when it's free. Nice. Touch!Loved the main pool area always plenty of chairs. Adult pool however I noticed several times no chairs available or folks just left towels on chairs, I guess u can't police this?
Loved the restaurant a Simply Fish on the beach only open nights and get reservations. Great value for the ambience /service/view and very romantic.
Drinks are expensive so we went to the Super Food store for waters,beers, wine etc. Well worth a the trip. Rooms were serviced efficiently everyday.
Ruth Chris Steak House is on the premise but did not take advantage. Too many great local places to eat. So glad we did not do the Tradewinds deal which is an extra $125 a day for all your meals and such. Why? Who wants to eat Marriott Meals everyday for Breakfast lunch and dinner? I don't. Especially for 6 days. Overall a good resort and I would go back. But the hotel does have miles on it.

• Stayed May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

4 ladies aged 21, 26, 43, 54 went to Aruba for a long weekend 21st birthday celebration. I had been to Aruba once before and stayed at the Radison. I wanted to take it up a notch and tried the Marriott. I was not disappointed. VERY clean and the most consistently friendly staff I have experienced in a very long time. Look into the Tradewinds section of the hotel. It is a bit pricier but in my opinion the amentities are worth it.

Room Tip: I like higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kingston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

There is not a more beautiful, romantic, heavenly place on earth! The hotel is top shelf with a friendly staff, magnificent setting on the ocean. You have your choice of pools with swim up bars, or spend the day on a white sandy beach under a palapala (hut). The beaches are gorgeous-white sand and the water so clear you can see your feet when waist deep. The water is clean, the beach is clean, and every bit of the hotel is perfectly groomed with an expert staff. The restaurants are the best-Simply Fish is a romantic dinner set in the sand with table cloths and Mini lights. You are literally inches from the water. The Ruth Chris steak house is on the property too.
The decor is stunning, most room views are either pool or ocean views. There is a lot to do here and you can walk to many places and restaurants. There are so many excellent restaurants in Aruba. I've stayed here fourteen times and wouldn't consider any other hotel. It is my favorite place on earth!

Room Tip: This is one of those hotels where almost every room is prime!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago,Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Before I start I must thank Beverly at the front desk whose happy disposition and constant smile made it a pleasure to ask for anything if you needed it.She told me if I could wait a while you would have a "nice" room for us,or we could take a room that was available now.We waited,and was it worth it.I think it was called the Governors Suite and I think you can figure out how nice it was.

The Marriott has it all,pool,swim up bar,beach,adult only pool,workout room and spa.99% of the staff are friendly and accommodating,there is always 1% that are angry at the world all the time.If you like a balcony outside of your room,it's there.There is a coffee shop 24 hrs to get what you need and the prices are somewhat reasonable.You can do as much or as little as you want to do,either as a couple or family.The majority of the guests we found were friendly,although during Christmas/News Years time there is a east coast presence.Plug in your own interpretation.The casino is too smokey for my taste,but you decide.

The lobby is open air,the t.v's in the room are dated,but how much are you in the room.The rest do the room is fine.

Most people who are going to Aruba are going to relax,have great weather and not think about to much till they get back home.They just want to enjoy the company they came with.We have been to Aruba for probably 9 years,I know this is not a record of any kind.We've met people to have been coming for 20+ years.The point is,we've been to plenty of other places,this is the best bang for the buck,hotel and weather wise not to mention all the different restaurants.If you are looking to complain about everything,STAY HOME and complain.As for me,I'm looking to coming back for my 10th year.

Room Tip: Be pleasant and you may get an upgrade no matter what level you are.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Midway, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

After 4 days in Aruba, the Marriott / Stellaris fulfills our expectations as for cleanliness and friendly staff. The beach is huge with white sand and palm trees.
The food meets expectations.
The climate in Aruba is so hot; the traveler should be prepared with lots of sun screen and water. The wind blows all the time but it is a hot wind.
It's 4 hours to fly here from Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

So this is a little late, but I stayed here for my birthday, and I have NEVER been so amazed. We booked an ocean view. The view at night was Amazing .. the beach itself during the day was beautiful . The area is great , because its walking distance from everything. We had an incredible dinner at the Brazil place (forgot the exact name) but if you're over the age of 30 this time share places will pay for that dinner. It was amazing.. would go back for sure

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!