“Amazing!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very nice place. I like it very much! The pool and the spa, it's very nice place for relaxation.
In addition, the location is awesome. I would recommend it and even if you're alone, you will enjoy it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (896)
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at Marriott Aruba Resort for 5 nights. Everything was perfect, no mosquitoes, the services were outstanding, and the room was very clean and nice ocean view. They gave us small good chocolates everyday. We saw the perfect sunset from our room's balcony almost everyday.

The La vista Restaurant has a good breakfast buffet, I had fresh fruit smoothie everyday, banana and strawberry, the lobby cafe's snacks are yummy. Definitely, we will come back to stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hartford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a wonderful time. The food and drinks are pricey. First class all the way
Yes I would stay here again as long as the construction was done. It was a great priceline deal for the money I paid I couldn't complain!

Room Tip: Breakfast for 3 was 75 dollars
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
North Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my sixth year in a row return to the Stellaris. Overall, the hotel does a nice job. I will begin with the positive. I love the location of this property. It is the last hotel on the high rise strip but very soon it will be second to last as the Ritz Carlton is estimated to be finished later in the year. I prefer a less crowed beach which makes this property more attractive to me because if you walk towards the area where the Ritz is being built you really have the area to yourself. The water there is wonderful too. I did not find the beach area of the Marriott to be overcrowed. I think they have done a nice job with palapa placement as there are some hotels on Palm beach that people seem to be almost on top of another.

The palapa employees have once again made my stay special. Hermina who mans the Tradewinds is a delight to all she comes into contact with. She really has to be one of the biggest assets to this property. Kudos to Jeremy and Henel as well. They are wonderful!

I love the breakfast buffet at La Vista. The chefs are all wonderful! Specials thanks to our waiter Augusten...he is the best!!!!! The buffet has wonderful fruit, delicious made to order omelettes and a bunch of hot dishes. People may think the price is high at about $25 a person but a) it's Aruba and b) it's so good and c) you can eat on the patio watching the ocean.
Waves is a great choice for lunch. It sits on the beach between the Ocean Club and the Stellaris. The food is so good. I had the grilled grouper sandwich and fries almost every day and it never disappointed me. The french fries are awesome too!!!! You can eat at Waves outside under an umbrella or the servers will bring the food right to you at your palapa.
We had dinner 2 times at the LaVista Buffet...the food is good and there is always a made to order pasta station. For the carnivores, there is always a pork tenderloin that is sliced to order amongst various other meat dishes. The salad station is wonderful with great Italian cheeses, cold roasted vegetables and other Italian staples! Dessert is really good and quite a variety as well. I believe the buffet is abot $40 a person which is not outrageous for Aruba.
Last but not least, the cafe in the lobby is a nice alternative for a lower cost breakfast, delicious sandwich for lunch or dinner or have one of their outstanding desserts. The new gelato is superb!

We stayed on the 7th floor facing the adult pool. The view is simply outstanding. The rooms are nice but nothing spectacular. The Marriott may have a hard time measuring up once the Ritz is finished. I know the Marriott underwent a total renovation in 2006 or 2007 but the furniture and rugs are starting to look warn. The bed was not your typical plush Marriott king size bed. I felt like the mattress was bought from a furniture discount store....there was nothing plush about it and actually I didn't sleep that well. I'm thinking the mattresses have been replaced but with cheaper quality mattresses because I don't remember the mattress ever being a problem in the past. The bath towels are average....they may have been plush at one point but not anymore. The maid service was always top notch.

The lobby looks a bit tired as well and the not so nice smell of smoke does flow through the air because the Casino is an open entrance. It's a stale not so nice smell but not so strong that you totally avoid the lobby. Strong enough to notice it but not a deal breaker.

Although Marriott elite status doesn't do much for you at this property, it does entitle you to a 10% discount on all food purchases. The pools at this property look lovely but I do not go into them because they are not heated. I find the ocean to be warmer than the pool water.

Also, people in other reviews complained about the palapa availability. Honestly, we have never encountered a problem. You have three choices. 1) Reserve one for 3 days at a slight cost...not sure what it is. 2) Go down at 7:00 am and get in line to reserve a palapa for free for use that day. I never did this so I can't comment on what the line was like. 3) Reserve one at 4:00pm for free to use the next day as long as you are at your palapa by 10:00 am next day. This is free and althought the line starts to form around 3:45 pm. it really is not the hassel other people have said it is.

The Marriott is nice....it's not a knock your socks off over the top property in my opinion but nothing on the island really is. The Ritz may be the answer to that but I'm sure it will come at a significant cost. I go to Aruba for the weather. I don't go to stay in a plush, luxiourous hotel because I have yet to find one. I spend the majority of my day outside so the weather is very important to me. The weather is wonderful and so is the ocean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the 10th time my wife and I have been to Aruba and the 6th time we have been at the Marriott Resort and Stellaris property. The propererty was well kept, the weather was fantastic and the Staff the best we've ever seen. I can relate it to the motto on the Aruban license plates, “One Happy Island”, and it starts with the people. Both the Hotel and Restaurant Staffs went our of their way to ensure this was a special week for us.

Simply Fish at sunset was a memorable evening and the breakfast buffet was a great way to get our day started.

At the end of the day, neither my wife nor I are related to JW nor do we hold any stock, but would highly recommend this property as a place to enjoy one another’s company and relax.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
baltimore, md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is not luxurious but it is very, very good. Rooms were clean, large and very nice. The housekeeping was excellent. The palapa problem that everyone has been mentioning was not an issue for us because we like to go to the beach a bit later (after 12).

Ruth's Chris was great as it is in the U.S. We weren't fans of the breakfast at the hotel (food average and overpriced). We sat at the bar and the food & service was great. We loved Daniels for an upscale dinner. Azzure is in another hotel and has great pizza & sandwiches for lunch. Salt & Pepper we would skip--not our favorite. Moombas on the beach was awesome esp. when they have reggae bands playing (we only had an appetizer and drinks) but it is a great beach bar.

The weather in Aruba was beautiful all the time and we felt safe walking anywhere around the hotel, restaurants, bars & beach even at night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 2 weeks and everything was near perfect. The Tradewinds Club was a great deal, outstanding lounge staff and concierge were friendly and extremely helpful. The hit of the week was Hermina who covers the beachfront for Tradewinds guests. She was delightful and always upbeat and competent. The only negative was the poor condition of the palapas. They need replacement.

Stayed February 2013

Been to Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!