“Relaxing!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Greenville, South Carolina
“Relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

You have to eat @ Simply Fish! Sunset dining. You can see the sunrise and sunset . The Butterfly Garden was amazing. All employees are helpful and sweet.
Food is excellent. Great service. I had to skip 2 meals - so much food!.
Very clean and comfortable.
Dont forget sunscreen!

Room Tip: all rooms have a great view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

3,066 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Beautiful hotel on the beach with nice staff who are always helpful and friendly. The hotel offers variety of restaurants, great spa and assistance with booking all island activities that interest their diverse guests.

Room Tip: recommend not getting room directly over pool area; quieter on higher floors on opposite side of the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here.
Pros:
Clean rooms.
Room service multiple times a day.
Incredibly friendly maids and staff.
Large pool and much better than any other high rise hotel that I saw.
As I was told this is one of the better casinos. As I do not gamble I put this on the list because it was pretty tucked away in the resort and really didn't disrupt the atmosphere of a great vacation spot.
Cons:
It is impossible to get a hut with an umbrella within the first two rows of the water. Huts are reserved either by paying $20 a day or for free at 7am and 4pm. people wait in line for over 1.5 hours before they can reserve. Thats either missing 1.5 hours of daylight or waiting on the beach with the mosquitoes at 5:30am. I waited in line a few times. On two occasions I picked a hut directly behind a gaudy water sport rental tent and had very little view of the ocean. Nothing like wasting an hour of your life for that. If you are fine without a hut then the beach is of course free as it is with all aruba.
This is the farthest away high rise hotel. You will be walking a pretty long distance on the sand for any decent restaurant or store I'd say just about over half mile for the mall a stores. I was able to walk on the beach to my favorite restaurant bugaloo in 25 minutes. My 2nd favorite scott's brats in 15.
Restaurants on location are very expensive.

Room Tip: It might be worth paying for the partial ocean. That being said as of 12/09/2012 the construction oc...
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

As part of our honeymoon we chose to stay at the Marriott for some sun and good service.
At the end of the week I just wanted to get on a plane and forget the place.

Check in was okay. Staff moved us to the 8th floor and a room with semi view of the ocean and a full view of the new Ritz being built. Room was great. Everything we needed with a decent ac.

What really annoyed me was that on the 8th floor Marriott have a special lounge that offer (selected) guests access to food, drinks and computers. In our room key envelope I saw an add for this and called down to the lobby to check that we had access. "Yes" was the answer I received so off I went to get some lunch. Turned out we didn't have access and that you had to pay a ridiculous amount of money per day to enter this lounge. We did however get a bottle of aloe vera produced in Aruba and a 10% discount card that could be used at the hotels restaurants and the cafe in the lobby. Annoyed and tired from travel we instead headed down to the pool. Okay place, but a large group of Americans were getting drunk by the pool with no staff stopping them. This happend several times. Eventually we headed down to the beach to get a break. Do Marriott think its okay for grown ups to get drunk with kids in or around the pool? To get towels you have to go to a special hut and show a "towel card" to receive two towels. At the end of the day you have to stand in a line to get your precious t card back. Staff need to know your room number both times and were most of the time not very friendly. To do this 14 times during one week is both pointless and a waste of time. Why not just hand out towels without the Gestapo crap.

Restaurants in hotel where tasteless and overpriced! We had some wonderful food, but this was of course down town or at nearby beach restaurant called Moomba. Half the price and twice as tasty. FYI, a bus runs frequently to Oranjestad and is cheap. If you don't want to pay hotel prices for snacks, water and other things head in to town. Things are over half the price there at local supermarkets. The bus is also a good way to check out Eagle beach and a mall area.

Business centre was small and had outdated computers. You had to buy computer minutes and the stupid thing didn't even have latest program's like excel. My advice is bring your own laptop. That way you have everything you need.

Marriott offer a car rental service under the name of Hertz. We wanted to hire a car to tour the island and since I had some extra miles to use we thought this was a good idea. Turns out this was just a franchise and they did not accept miles.
Price and car was okay and we had a nice day exploring Aruba. Hertz staff failed to notify us that the car had to be returned with a full tank and we were therefor billed extra.

Casino was rubbish. When reading about it online, I expected it to be huge, stylish and a mini Vegas. Like others before me have written, the casino was old, run down and boring. We were in there for 15 minutes and never returned.

On top of this staff were constantly hanging over us trying to sell us Marriott vacation homes. Even on the hotels tv channel they were showing adds of this. Come on! If I want to buy an apartment I'll get things sorted myself especially when I'm on my honeymoon. A truly cheap move from Marriott's side.

On check out the cheeky staff tried charging us extra when my wife had already payed most of our bill the day before. I was also interested in why the Marriott don't offer guests a complimentary hotel shuttle. Taxi ride is close to $30 one way.

All in all our stay was a waste of money. Poor customer service. Awful selection of restaurants and too much hassle when on holiday.

I know many other reviews on here have been very positive, but personally I did not feel like this was a hotel I would like to revisit.

Safe travels!

Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Aruba for a 'pre-Thanksgiving' vacation. This was our second trip to Aruba and our first stay in this hotel. We opted for a King ocean view room (not the jr. suite) and it was perfect for us. We were on the 5th foor with nice balconey view of the ocean and the family pool. The room was very nice, everything fresh and clean and in working order. Housekeeping staff was great and very efficient in cleaning our room quickly and while we were out (usually at breakfast), so not intrusive at all. All hotel staff we encountered were terriffic in explaining hotel features, answering questions, making reservations, etc. We really enjoyed breakfast in the hotel restaurant including the Sunday brunch. We rented a car so we could travel around the island whcih we did for dining, shopping, etc. but we did exclusively use the beach at the Marriott and although crowded at times, found it to be nice and particularly well maintained by hotel staff. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Marriott and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Aruba for vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Beulah, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and I all got together in Aruba for my cousin's wedding and we all stayed at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino. It was a wonderful stay. We had a construction view room, but the rate was great and we could still see the ocean from our balcony. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Example - when my mother and I arrived, there was only one hotel robe in the closet (They are amazing, by the way, wish I would have purchased one!). I called guest services and within 15 minutes, another robe AND slippers (also amazing) were delivered to our door. The only problem we had during our stay was the phone in our room quit working. That was fixed right away. The room was nice and clean with a large bathroom. Oh, and DO NOT drink the in room coffee. It is really awful.
We ate several times at the main restaurant, La Vista. We ate the breakfast bar there nearly every morning. The staff remembered us and were very friendly and attentive. Every breakfast food you could think of was available. The fresh juice and smoothie station was excellent as well as the "build-your-own-omelet" and waffle stations. Meals that I enjoyed there at lunch were fish tacos, the burger, and the Cuban sandwich. And, of course, we had adult beverages at the both the lobby bar and pool bar. Two for one Happy Hour is awesome! Overall, our experiences with food and drink were very positive.
The beach is busy and crowded and the palapas are very close together. I thought the family pool was very nice. I didn't visit the adults-only pool. Someone in our family reserved the palapas for all of us, so I don't know about the process. There are a lot of activities on the beach - boats pull right up onto the shore! If you want to try kite surfing, don't wait too long like we did. It requires several days of lessons first. I rode an inflatable with 3 other ladies called "Big Mable" and it was really fun. If you walk down the beach a little ways, you can get a cheaper rate on the inflatable rides.
The rehearsal dinner was held on a private catamaran sunset dinner/booze cruise. It was the highlight of our trip! The food was delicious and there was music and dancing and spectacular views.
The wedding was at the resort and it was gorgeous! A sunset wedding on the beach. The minister provided by the hotel was very passionate and sincere. I was very impressed with the service. Because the families being united were both English and Spanish-speaking, the minister did the service in both languages. It was amazing. The decor, chairs, music, flowers, open-bar, and overall set up were first class.
Everywhere we went in Aruba, from shops to taxis, to restaurants - the people were very friendly, attentive, and gracious. This is truly a wonderful place to visit and I hope to be able to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Waterloo, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

After reading all the glowing reviews of the Marriott my wife and I stayed the first week of December. We like a little more space so we opted for a Jr. Suite which are situated on the Ocean front end of the building. We had a large wrap around balcony and a nice view of the ocean and Family pool. This became fairly noisy later in the day and some evenings until 8:30PM. After 8:30 it was quiet. The room is very comfortable with quiet air conditioning (no banging unit) large closet and bathroom. Funny thing was there was little sound insulation in the connecting door between our room and the room next door. If the people beside us were having a conversation you could hear them clearly not that were that interested. I assume they heard our conversations too. I thought this was a little strange as no one else had mentioned this about the rooms on Trip Advisor. Our neighbours were quiet at night as we were so it wasn't an issue but if they had a little party it would have been bad. The staff was excellent and very friendly. Oh there were a couple of lemons (staff) but by and large everyone was very good. I would stay here again or the Ritz next door when it opens.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room facing the Adult room if you like a quiet location.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!