“Best Marriott Property I have ever stayed at!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Best Marriott Property I have ever stayed at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this hotel. From the moment you check in, you feel relaxed and happy to be in Aruba. I booked an ocean front room and the views were beyond amazing. Make sure you do ask for a room away from the construction of the Ritz Carlton going on next door - I forgot to do that but they moved me to an amazing room after I realized my mistake! The adult pool is the place to find ultimate relaxation! The lounge chairs there are fantastic and the pool is as well. I liked the gym - it was sufficent for me but I was told they are going to revamp it as soon as they finish the one at the Marriott Vacation Club next door. There were plenty of places to eat on the property but also plenty of places to walk to right on the beach as well. This was my first time to Aruba and I plan on going back and staying at the Marriott again!

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the construction of the Ritz Carlton!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,193)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Like so many other people I searched, reviewed and got confused about what hotel to stay in:) My first choice was the Hyatt but they were sold out. I debated between the Radisson and the Marriott and decided on the Marriott strictly because of the look of the room (modern vs plantation style).

I'll try to keep my review short and sweet. We booked thru Apple vacations so the trip included ground transportation and $100 in gift certficates for food (those came in handy because food was pricey on the island). I debated about the Trade Winds club and an Ocean View room but opted for a Garden View due to the price difference, I'm glad I did! Even though we had a Garden View our room was on the ground level (which I typically don't like) but we were right next to the pool and a few feet from the beach! Our room was very spacious and comfortable.

The beach was great to me, I didn't see any debris or smell anything funky in the water. I rented one of the floatie things and had a very relaxing time floating on the calm water.

I highly recommend the following restaurants:
La Trattoria (for the beautiful sunset, food wasn't bad either)
Papiamento (great service, excellent food and romantic atmosphere)

I don't know if we will become one of those people that returns to Aruba every year (there is sooo much of the world I want to see) but I would definitely recommend Aruba and the Marriott to anyone.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

For our honeymoon this past August, my husband and I stayed at the Surf Club for 2 nights, then went to the Stellaris for 5. The Surf Club was terrible (I wrote a separate review about our experience there), but the Stellaris was a dream.

The lobby is gorgeous. The front desk staff was very nice, and hardly any wait time. My husband is a platinum member so we were upgraded (without even asking) to an AMAZING ocean front room. We had happy hour on our balcony and watched the sunset every night before going out to dinner. I will never forget it, I was overwhelmed with how gorgeous it was. If you can get an ocean front room - do it, you won't regret it. The lobby bar was nice and the bartenders were great, we went there a few times before dinner.

The pools are great too, and I loved the palapas out on the beach. You do have to reserve one the day before, but it's not that big of a deal. I loved the pool bar too - it's a little expensive, but it's so fun. When we were there, the bottom of the sea was murky and pretty gross, but we were told that was because there had been a hurricane recently? Didn't matter much, we rented floaty things on the beach, $10 for the two of us, and lounged out in the water all day.

The activities desk is awesome too, and they'll make your dinner reservations for you. If you go to Aruba, you HAVE to go to Madam Janette's - literally the best meal I've ever had in my life. Papiamento is very good too. These two restaurants are not listed in the Menu magazine that the hotel gives you, so you just have to know to go there - which you really really should!

We also did the snorkel tour, and the jeep tour to the Natural Pool. We really enjoyed both. Open bar and sandwiches on the snorkel trip, and the natural pool adventure was really exciting, but a little scary with the crazy jeep drivers and the rough terrain!

Other restaurants we went to - Screaming Eagle, Simply Fish (at the Stellaris), Giannis (SO GOOD), and Texas de Brazil. They were all good - but Madam Janettes and Papiamento were the best.

Another tip - grab some liquor at the duty free shop at the Aruba airport. We bought a very reasonable bottle of Kettle One, but we left it in the cab :(. The alcohol, sunscreen, contact solution, everything was very expensive at the hotel store. Make sure you bring a lot of sunscreen and contact solution so you don't have to buy it there. Also, the activities desk people told us that it's not customary to tip cabs - that they include it in the price of the fare, so that's good to know.

Have fun, I loved Aruba. I'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room - the sunset is out of this world.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mason City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Stellaris Hotel in October of 2012. We opted for the Tradewinds floor (Level 8), and thought that we made the right choice. We especially enjoyed talking to the host, and finding about the island from her. She was very pleasant and delightful. I am a Platinum Elite Marriott member, and with some back and forth got upgraded to THE best ocean front (not view...front!) room. The views were spectacular. The room itself was very spacious and was comfortable for our entire stay. The grounds were beautiful. We especially enjoyed the adult pool. The beach was a bit disappointing. There were jet skis, ski boats, etc. constantly coming and going. There was seaweed on the beach and the water was murky. We opted to hang out at the pool most of the time. I could see this hotel getting very crowded in the high season and it might be a problem getting a lounger by the pool. We used the weight room which was a large bi-level room. It had lots of weights and cardiovascular equipment. The casino was small, but it was lots of fun...especially the fish game! The smoke, although present wasn't overwhelming like some have said. Maybe they've improved the ventillation.
We were underwhelmed with the island and prefer Grand Cayman. Luckily, the Marriott provided a nice stay for us. Although we probably won't return to Aruba, the Marriott at least gave us some good memories of our trip.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Rooms are spectacular. Request a high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

i go to this hotel every year,this was the first time i stayed in the tradewinds level didn't love it breakfast was limited very small no omelet station, lunch even smaller wraps and small salad station, if your a beer drinker theres all the beer you want i prefer liquor which is only available 6 to 9 pm not top shelf and the dinner which i didn't partake small as well but there was sushi which was good. Theres also a private section on the beach for trade winds which i don't like as much as the other. the restaurants in aruba are great no need for trade winds unless your looking to do like all inclusive less the alcohol. We walked up and down the beach and i must say the beach in front of stellaris is by far the best and less crowded then the rest. The new adult only pool ok a little boring we used the one with the swim up bar when we opted for a pool. The beauty of the stellaris if your looking for a quiet romantic vaca is since there connected to the 2 time shares most families w kids go there leaving the hotel basically kidless unlike the hyatt. The staff was great the bartenders at the swim up pool bar awesome. Simply fish was great casino was great. the ritz which is next door ready in august will def take away from marriott but i love the marriott and will def return just no trade winds not worth it for me

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here the week/weekend before Thanksgiving 2012. It was the most perfect vacation and hotel. We did the Tradewinds upgrade and would highly recommend it, especially for anyone who wants to just hang out at the hotel mostly and relax. Plenty to eat and drink all day long. The staff is AMAZING. Margaret at the Tradewinds is the most helpful and knowledgeable person we met. Jose always smiled and asked how we were doing, made us felt like we were regulars after just one day. The beach staff was friendly and fun. The drinks at the adult pool were much better (stronger) than at the family pool. But we spent time at the beach and both pools and enjoyed them all. We WILL go again. And we WILL stay here. I liked being near the end of the hotels, seemed like there was less traffic. There is another hotel being built that will be the end hotel once built but the construction was not really noticable to us and they do not start working until 9 so no early morning noise. I miss it already!!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Did my research, weeded out the overly positive, read the negatives and again made the right choice on a hotel in Aruba. Our vacation could not have been better. Clean, comfortable, friendly. We booked an ocean view room which made the trip even better. Based on my own experiences and what I heard the Marriott is the place to be.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 4,176 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Arub...
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 3,046 reviews
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 2,031 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#16 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,294 reviews

Been to Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!