The hotel is location is perfect: front beach and second to last on the row of high rises. We had a beautiful view that was partical ocean view. We were on the 5th floor, but if we had been a little higher, we would have been able to see the ocean even better. So Partial ocean view is still a great view. The room was as pictured on the hotel website. My only complaint is that the sheets were VERY stiff, and rough not quality at all.
Jackie and Robert from Engineering were super nice! They helped us with a nonfunctioning ice machine and had a bottle of champagne and a cheese plate with a hand written note delivered to our room!
The adult pool is beautiful and extremely quiet. The beach is wonderful but getting a palapas is tricky. You can reserve them beginning at 7AM, and I was in line at 6:45AM, and it was already back to the 5th row by the time my turn came. We did get lucky though by roaming around and finding a front row palapas unoccupied after 10AM. I double checked with the Beach Hut, and they let me have it for the day. Get your floats early too, but if Marriott runs out, you can get them from Jeff for the same price, $5. The beach is more crowded than I would have liked, but the water is calm and warm. Once you get on your raft and float away, you forget about all the other people!
Jeff, who operates the rentals near the Tradewinds Beach is very friendly, and we booked a wonderful private (2 couples) snorkle with Jeff's captain, Geno, aka "Bob Marley." Geno was a very genuine, humble guy who gave us great tips for snorkeling and history of the island. Much better than crowding in with 40-50 others on a big catamaran. Not too much more per couple either.
All the cab drivers were very friendly and presentable. The IGA is very Americanized. I would recommend bringing a soft cooler from home and stocking up on beverages at the grocery store. Beers are $7-8 each and a lot of times they are "pony" beers. The grocery store is expensive too but not as high as the hotel.
The spa facilities are not very good: small and cramped. However, my deep tissue massage was fabulous!
The workout room has great equipment too.
I would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Marriott's adults only pool H20asis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, BookIt.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach