“First Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa

Save Saved
You added Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa to your Saves list
Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 81, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Time this Summer
Manchester NH
“First Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our trip, last week of Apr 2013.This was our first trip to Aruba. I did all the booking myself. From the first moment we arrived at the Radisson we were impressed. The staff was great. The grounds very nice, great pools, beach, and close(across the street) to shopping, and many restaurants.Our housekeeper, Jalomie was the best. After we checked into our room, I went to the lobby and asked about the hotel in general. After that, we had no trouble booking cabannas or palapas. We tend to have dinner around 6pm, never waited to be seated in any restaurant. We ate in the resort sometimes, and in town sometimes. We enjoyed them all. Lots to do and see, just ask around. We did a sunset dinner sail, jeep tour,parasailing,a day trip to De Palm Island,went downtown, hit the pools, the beach, and the bars.We were told this was the low season. Well guess what? This is the time to go to Aruba then.Night life goes to 2/3 am if you are so inclined.We were greeted each time we walked by a staff member, which was very nice. When we go again, and we will, the Radisson is where we will stay.

Room Tip: Who spends time in a room?? Shower, sleep. GOOOOO
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark F, General Manager at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased to hear that you had such a great time with us during your recent stay. This is a fun place to visit, and there is so much to do outside of the hotel, that if you are an active traveller, you could never be bored in Aruba.

Love to hear that you're coming back, and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

'DISCOVER YOUR FAMILY TIME...' this Summer at Radisson Aruba.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
tervuren
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was lucky to be part of a bunch of colleagues who made it to President'c Circle. We spent a week in the Radisson hotel at Palm beach. The hotel is quite big but once you go through reception, you enter a zone of peace. We had several functions organised by my company and every one of them was great: great food and drinks, great service (Leroy was the best!).
From the room to the beach took like 60 seconds. There is a system to reserve seats under umbrella's. I just did not feel like queing for an hour every day and we just took our chances.... we were lucky to find a spot in the shade every day. The water temperature was very nice.

Aruba is a great destination: good food, you can drink water from the tap (!), great service, truly friendly people, great weather, nice activities and I could speak my own language there, which is kind a crazy after having travelled for 18 hours from Belgium.....
I used the spa and the gym, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room in tower 2 and 3. The rooms in tower 1 are connecting rooms, and we changed ou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are really glad to hear that you had such a good time during your recent group stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the future in a personal capacity.

Etters, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

As with most experiences, there are positives and negatives. The beach area is beautiful and the location is within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The beach gets very crowded when a cruise ship is in port. According to a taxi driver, most drivers drop cruisers off at Palm Beach. So if you do not like the crowd, stay at Eagle Beach. The property was clean and well maintained. Our room was an ocean view. The room was clean and the cleaning staff did a great job everyday. She provided 4 bottle water everyday. For the most part, the staff was friendly and helpful. House service by far was the best. As most reviewers have stated, the palapa reservation system is the WORSE. People were waiting in line at 3pm. You are permitted to take unused palapas after 10am. The resort states that if towels are on the chairs; the palapas are reserved. However, there are towels on almost every palapa even after 10. Once, after 10 and unused for hours, we sat down for a couple of minutes to get the kids out of the sun and a beach attendant told us to move because the palapa was reserved. Really? To management: The system does NOT work. . . change it. Another negative, it took almost 30 minutes to check-in. The resort somehow lost our reservation. I had to prove to them that we had a reservation. Luckily, I print out everything before a trip. A positive was the dining at the Pelican Nest on the pier to the left of the Holiday Inn. We had a terrific dinner by the water with a great view of the sunset. The best value for lunch is a little shack, The Bread Basket, beside Gilligan's on the beach for sandwiches, snacks, and drinks. Overall, prices were high but you are on an island. Prices were comparable to Atlantis and Disney World. So save a couple of extra pennies before you go. If you like to shop, take a bus to downtown Oranjestad for the luxury boutiques. However, I did not find the prices any better than what you can find in the U.S. Overall, it was an average trip. Would we return to Aruba? Maybe, but definitely not at the Radisson. As a personal preference, Negril, Jamaica provided a better value and island experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. What a shame that you have decided not to return to our resort. I understand your frustration with regards the Palapa reservation system, and I am sorry that you found it a nuisance. The vast majority of guests praise us for having the foresight to run such a system, without which our guests would have to sprint down to the beach at sunrise to secure their place like many of the other resorts.

We also apologise that you felt that we had 'lost' your reservation. We don't lose reservations, i'm afraid, but what does happen often is that we never receive the booking from the Travel Agent or Wholesaler in the first instance, meaning having to rely on paperwork with the guest to put things right.

If you ever change your mind, please do feel free to contact me directly.

Feasterville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

On somewhat pricey vacations losing an extra one hundred dollars is a big deal to some.
During my stay with my wife the check in attendants told us that we had a $100.00 gift which can be used for dining at the hotel. We went out and spent 107.00 dollars on the evening and even made sure afterwards at the desk that our credit card balance was on par with their friendly offer. Next month on my credit card bill to my surprise I find a charge of 107 dollars from the Radisson resort. I felt cheated and lied to. The stay was nice and both me and my wife came home satisfied, however the dishonesty of the staff (or carelessness) has left us bitter when I received a bill that I would consider to be theft. Another major complaint is the cleanliness or lack there of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark F, General Manager at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Such a shame that you didn't feel that you could email or call the hotel to very quickly resolve this issue for you. I think that to call us thieves is a little harsh, considering the hard working and loyal folk who have worked here for years, none of whom are perfect, including me. No one here has any intention of cheating our guests, and certainly from time to time just based on the sheer volume of check outs, we do have one or two slip through the net. I am sorry that this happened, and it does happen, however just this week we looked after this very same issue for one other guest, who happily emailed me directly, and within 24hrs - problem solved. Its probably a bit disingenuous to come on a public forum and call people thieves without having first attempted to resolve the issue.

So, of course we will solve this for you. Of course we don't want you to feel this way, so you are most welcome to contact me at mark.lyttleton-frances@radisson.com and I will personally ensure that this situation is expedited. However not having any idea as to who you are, and with no Tripadvisor track record, I'm afraid I would not be able to get this sorted out.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Peekskill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to Aruba and thanks to the Radisson it will not be our last. First and foremost, the staff was wonderful and very attentive, from Francisco who greeted us every time he saw us to Bridgette the housekeeper who kept us stocked with towels and goodies. We arrived early and were bumped up the list so that we could check in before 3. We were able to store our luggage and go out to eat our first day. We had a deluxe room in the Aruba tower that was beautiful and comfortable with a pool and ocean view. Each afternoon we reserved a palapa- which was not an issue for there were plenty to choose from. We ate at Laguna each morning and there were plenty of breakfast options to choose from. We did not visit the pool, for the beach claimed our days, but the next trip down, we'll be sure to visit.

There were plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance from the Radisson and we ate at the Sunset Grille for our anniversary dinner. The food was delicious.

My only complaint is while I appreciated the live music from the bar, some nights I wished for more quiet after a relaxing day at the beach because we could hear the band loud and clear in our room each night.

However, that was a minor annoyance for it was still the most relaxing vacation I have ever had. We are already booking our trip for next year.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We really do appreciate it when our guests name the staff members that they have been in contact with. I will certainly pass on your review to Francisco and Bridgett. I am pleased to hear that you had such a great meal at the Sunset Grille. We have worked really hard to bring this restaurant back to its former glory, and I am very proud to say that the latest feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

Great advice on the music by the way, and I will certainly look into this.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everything from the hotel to restaurants was excellent
Staff at the Radisson very accommodating
The pool and beaches at the hotel were exceptional
This is our 9th time staying at the hotel and will return next year
We enjoy the friendliness of everyone associated with the hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you again for staying with us. We do so enjoy seeing our repeat guests, many of whom have become firm friends over the years. We love having you stay with us and always look forward to your return.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have stayed at the Radisson Aruba Resort on several occasions. We found a travel company that "specializes" in Aruba and particularly the Radisson. We get a get a good package deal that includes breakfast, lunch, beverage credit, spa credit, and several discount coupons for activities/restaurants.
It is in a great location on Palm Beach as you can walk to many restaurants and 2 malls. And it has a very nice beach; probably one of the widest on Palm Beach.
The only thing negative that I would say (IMO) is that the walls in the Aruba Tower (main building) are too thin; you can hear normal conversations in the next room very easily.

Room Tip: We prefer the Bonaire Tower, which is the "middle" one. It is lower, quieter, and nearer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate you choosing to stay at the Radisson. It's not actually thin walls to be fair. We are in the process of building mufflers and installing them in the wall cavity where we have interleading rooms. The jobs almost done so we should have less of an issue moving forward.

Good point well taken.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Mark Frances

Been to Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!