“Radisson - Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa

You added Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa to your Saves list
Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 81, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Family Time
New York
“Radisson - Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I are now back about a month from our latest trip to Aruba and The Radisson. We visited March 4 - March 10th. The trip was our 10th visit to the hotel. We are never disappointed with our stay at the Radisson. We stayed again on the Plaza Club level and enjoyed the wonderful hospitality from Queen Mathilde and Afroze. This trip for some reason seemed exceptional to us. Perhaps it was the weather, perhaps it was the overall feeling of AAAAHHH, we are back in Aruba at our favorite hotel and beach, perhaps it was the feeling of finding a place where we always feel welcome. Whatever it was, the warm feelings are still with us over a month later. We hope to return if not later this year, then next March for sure.

Room Tip: If you have the funds, Plaza Club floor is a great splurge. Nice breakfast, great appetizers and co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark F, General Manager at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review, and for returning to us so often. We really do have a terrific team in the Plaza Club, and I am so pleased to hear that you were so well taken care of.

We look forward to seeing you later this year.

'Discover your Family Time' - This Summer at the Radisson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

enjoyed aruba at the raddison. this was my first visit to aruba and i had great time. spending it with someone you love made the moments even more romantic. special thanks to tico for all the tequila shots.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Great that you had a good time with us....I wondered why the tequila orders had gone up! Now I know....

Have a great summer.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This was family's first trip to Aruba, and we loved it!

Overall, the resort was great! I LOVED the caged birds, especially Lola and Rita. The bird keeper was gone during our stay, but my mom and I loved talking to the birds throughout the day. That was my favorite part of the Radisson. Rooms were good. However, I was upset the wifi costed money. It should be complimentary, considering our room already cost $400/night (we had a garden view room in the Bonaire tower). Cleaning services were good, but the maids never refilled the shampoo/conditioner/etc. though, and we had to ask for water refills. Excellent activities and service at the pool and restaurants! Leslie made sure everyone was having a great time. The food at Laguna and Castaway's/Gilligan's was great, but we found it ridiculous 2 tuna pockets, a plate of nachos, 2 soft drinks, and a beer costed $75. Happy hour was fabulous though. All the staff at the towel hut, lobby, and restaurants were genuinely friendly. We loved the clean beach. It was spacious and did not bring much kelp to shore, unlike what the Hyatt and other hotel beaches had.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you review, we are glad to hear that you had such a good time at the resort. It is a shame that you felt there were value issues, and I would like to correct some inaccuracies if I may?

Firstly wi-fi is free at the resort, so not sure how you ended up with a charge on your bill, as we don't even have a function on our point of sale to charge for this. However having said this, and you have somehow been charged, please do email me directly and I will have this reversed immediately.

Secondly, the actual total price for 2 x Tuna pockets, 1 x Nachos, 2 x sodas & 1 x imported beer is $53 + a standard service charge (applied at all restaurants in Aruba + local taxes), again, however, if you can email me a copy of the bill for $75 from Gilligans, I would be more than happy to refund you the entire amount as a gesture of good faith.

I look forward to hearing from you. mark.lyttleton-frances@radisson.com

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was our first visit to Aruba and we absolutely loved it.
The hotel is perfectly located right across from at least a dozen different restaurants ( from inexpensive to very expensive). The beach and the grounds are beautiful. The rooms are on the small side ( we had 3 people in the room ) but very clean and well furnished. We went with our 10 year old son and decided to go with breakfast and lunch plan which was very expensive but the quality of food and the service was great- you could even order lunch to be delivered to your palapa on the beach.
The island is clean, beautiful and safe. The restaurants are fantastic ( we are spoiled New Yorkers and we were impressed ). Make sure to go to Depalm Jeep safari tour- it was great.
All in all a great trip. Well done Radisson! We will be back

Dear Guest,

Glad to hear you had such a great time...., thank you for all of the good dining advice. We have a great family program coming this summer, and hopefully we'll temp you back.

'Discover your Family Time'

Kind regards
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my 5th visit to Aruba and 1st to the Radisson. I read all the reviews and just felt that I must have missed something. To me the Resort didn't live up to the 5 star reviews it has been recieving. I upgraded my room to partial oceanfront room. When I checked in I was told they were all booked so they gave me a lovely room facing the RIU parking lot and view of a palm tree covering the air conditioning condensers. The Restaurants were expensive and not that good. I realize the Aruba is expensive but you are better off eating and drinking elsewhere. The staff was friendly and helpfull most off the time. I called to have my bags brought down to the lobby and the bell hop was a no show. Asked about the confusion and was told by the head bell hop that they were busy with the others. I have been to 4 other Resorts on the island and would rank the Radisson lower than even the Holiday Inn for overall bang for the buck. The grounds were beautiful and the rooms were clean. Bottom line Marriott, Occidental, Hyatt and even Holiday Inn are better choices.

Room Tip: Dont accept a room in the C tower unless it's an even number. Odd numbers face the Riu parking l...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mark F, General Manager at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. The whole point of Tripadvisor is to give an honest personal opinion of your experience, and this is what you have done, and we appreciate that. No issue from me. Certainly the other folks have had a vastly different experience to yours, and we understand this, like I have mentioned before, although we want to be everyone's favorite, this just is not the case, otherwise there would just be one hotel in Palm Beach...

It is a shame though that we let you down, and I would certainly like a few more details if you don't mind. I am certain that with some specifics from your stay that we will find some good criticism that might allow for corrective action. Without it we might get it wrong for others, and that wouldn't be good.

Please would you pop me off an email with a few more details, and lets see what we can do to improve, or even possibly get you to come back and give us another try?

I appreciate your comments, and hope that you continue to return to Aruba, no matter where that might be.

Kind regards
mark.lyttleton-frances@radisson.com
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed from 3/23-3/31/13 for our spring break. Agree with all of the positive reviews- the best beach location, great service, room was fantastic, food was delicious- best cheeseburger we had was on the beach, very clean. Only recommendation I would make would be that there were more servers tending to the folks in the beach. It was tough to order a drink or food some days. We have stayed at the Hyatt and we will definitely be back to the Radisson!

Dear Guest,

Great review thank you. We were a bit stretched over Easter to be fair, however acknowledge your comment with regards more team members on the beach.

Have a great summer and see you soon.

Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our 3rd trip at the Radisson Aruba. Overall, the stay was excellent. The service staff was very courteous and professional, facility & rooms were very clean and food quality was very good. We only experienced 2 minor issues during our 8 day stay which were resolved very quickly and to our satisfaction. Upon arrival, our reservation did not meet our request for adjoining rooms. Upon escalation to Rosita, the Front Desk Asst Mgr, she worked quickly to resolve the issue. The rooms had newer televisions with broader channel coverage than 1-2 years ago as well as better wireless internet connectivity. We dined daily at Laguna for breakfast and Gilligans for lunch. The food quality and service was very good. One day our lunch order was lost and upon bringing to mgt attention, it was revolved quickly and we received drinks at no charge for the inconvience. The mgt recognized us the follow days and ensured it didn't happen again.

I have stayed at the Occidental and the Hyatt in the past and would choose the Radisson again in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Like with every machine, no matter how much you service it, there are things that can go wrong. I am just pleased that we were able to get these resolved to your satisfaction, and allow you to get on and enjoy your vacation.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

See you again soon.

Mark Frances

Been to Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!