“Almost perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino

You added Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 81, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba (Formerly Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa)   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Almost perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just returned from 12 days at the Radisson in Aruba. It was great! I can't give it a perfect rating because of a couple of things. 1. The staff was great EXCEPT for the staff at check-in. They acted as if we were bothering them. That is not the first impression you want to give people.

2. Still a problem with the cruise ships. The cruise ships transport a large number of people to the beach at the Radisson and they are accessing the property, using the chairs, the bathrooms, the pool. It's a security issue. If we can tell who these non-guests are, I believe that security at the Radisson should be able to tell them as well and prevent them from using the property. Needs to be fixed (as I said last year in my review).

Room Tip: We loved our gardenview room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Although pleased that in general you found your stay to be to the standard you expected, I am obviously disappointed with how you felt about our front desk team. I will pass on your comments to them so that we might take the corrective action required to enhance this experience for all of our guests. In terms of the cruise ship passengers, this is a much bigger issue than what it may seem from the outside, and we are working with the Hotel Association and the Minister of Tourism to see what can be done on a more global scale for all the hotels affected. The last thing we want is to be issuing our guests with wristbands.

Please do know however that we are on the case, and your comments are valued.

Mark Frances

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from our fourth stay at the Radisson. What can I say? We love it! Every year, we feel so welcomed by the staff. The location, pool and beach, rooms, restaurants ... all fantastic. Customer service is so important to us. There are some super stars here: Kimberly in reception, Norma and Liliana at Gilligan's, each and every Bellman who greet us so warmly, Patty at the Mira Solo in the morning, and the entire pool/beach crew who bend over backwards for us. Almost forgot Leslie, who actually got me up off my lounge to exercise in the pool! We thank you all for making our visits to Aruba grand - my "happy place" away from home.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

We are so pleased that you continue to make the Radisson your resort of choice in Aruba. To hear that our wonderful staff are the reason for your regular returns is extremely pleasing, and I will most certainly make sure that they are all aware of your great review.

We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were just here for 2 weeks in Jan, but we are now back for another week!! I'm recuperating after a minor surgery, so what better place to rest, relax, and do nothing!! The weather is great and the resort is so friendly and peaceful. We love Palm Beach!!

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as you can to optimize your chance of an ocean view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Well welcome back. So nice to have you stay with us again so soon. What's not to love about Palm Beach.

Thank again for writing a further review.

Kind regards and safe travelling

Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel itself is in a very good location, specially if you have kids, lots of restaurants and mini markets nearby.
A very well kept and lush gardens and paths make ALL the difference for the Radisson. The others hotels are just a concrete building without any greens. From the beach, you can barely notice the Radisson's buildings.
Rooms have a good space, the pools are great but we spend most of the time at the beach that is the best we notice, since the palapas and chairs until the service and hotel access.
Breakfast (included in our deal) was delicious. We used to order an espresso and hot milk instead the poor coffee and cold milk that they serve, with no extra charge. For our kids, iced chocolate.
Front desk staff was not the best, rude sometimes but our stay was amazing. With 15 days in a roll with sunshine and great weather.
The only complain that I have is about the kids menu that we found in every restaurant in the island: only fried food or grease pasta. Well, I don’t need a special menu to order fries, hot dog and pizza! Our kids suffered to have a nice and health meal that they are used to (with whole rice, vegetables and grilled meat/chicken). Our salvation was the fruits at breakfast. This is a cultural issue, I guess. But I understand that is not Hotel matter.

Room Tip: If you have kid's stroller, ground floor rooms at Bonaire tower is fastest way to get to the poo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you. We do have one of the most wonderful beaches anywhere in the world. So we are not surprised by your comments. I happen to agree with you on the food front for kids however. I have 3 small kids of my own, and most definitely we have an issue across the island in providing healthy options for kids. With this in mind, we are working feverishly with our Chef to design healthy kids options moving forwards, and I have even co-opted in my 8 year old to make some suggestions as to what kids like when it comes to the healthy alternates.

We do hope to see you again soon, and look forward to your opinion on our menu changes.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I travel often, and without a doubt, this was one of the best family vacation experiences I have had, and truthfully I owe it ALL to your staff.
I was with my wife and 3 children (ages 11 months, 5 and 7 years).
From the bellhops to the groundskeepers to the housekeeping, from kids club staff to management, they were ALL exceptional.
Mr. Nelson Winklaar deserves special mention because, of all hotel personell I have ever run into over the past 10 years, he stood way ahead of all of them, and continuously exceeded expectations to make us happy. He alone made my stay exceptional. At the core, he is a good person, but additionally, he understands and loves his job and the people around him.

Regarding the Kid's Club at the Radisson, Aruba, there is no doubt that this is successful because of the staff. Who needs the Ritz, Marriott or any other hotel chain (we've stayed at them all) when you have a kid's club like the one at Radisson Aruba. Specifically Emillee and Leslie stood out. My kids found a bond with them from the first meeting, and everyday went back to the kids club for at least one visit. They understand and love children of all ages. Mutually the staff and my kids were sad to part ways after the week. They played lots of games with the kids, and had a great evening on thursday from 6 - 9pm with facepainting and games, and a movie. I think bingo was their favorite game, and I even had to buy a bingo game upon arriving home so they could continue playing lunch time bingo, even at home.

The kids also loved the pools and beach, and the endless watersports options available right on the beach gave us something new to do each day.

I also mentioned the grounds keepers because they did their work with a smile and the smile makes them approachable. I had lost my sunglassess the last night, somewhere in the landscaping near my room, and and that last morning before checkout, I asked one of them to keep an eye out for it, just in case it turned up. I showed them where my room was and if somehow they found it, they could leave it there. I wish I remembered his name. Several hours later when I went to check out of the room, there on the patio were my sunglassess with two tiny branches with flowers from the bush it must have been lost in. I never saw him to thank him, but I knew from this gesture that he indeed found them. Incredible.

I could go on and on, as in 7 days, there were endless examples of your staff impressing me or my family. (the Plaza Club staff (Germaine and others) were continuously kind, attentive, and made that facility a pleasure to use.

I will be back for sure and would strongly suggest that others visit the Radisson, Aruba to experience what I and my kids just did.

If you are trying to pick a hotel to stay at while in Aruba, the Hyatt and Marriott (and the soon to open Ritz) are all great properties, but the staff at the Radisson is as great as they get!

Final suggestions: if you like to sit by the pool, ahead of your arrival try to rent a cabana for the day ($25) as it is well worth it. If you like beach, they have endless beah huts enough for everyone. Regarding room choices: definitely add the plaza club (for breakfast and drinks at happy hour) and don't think twice about it. Also, if it fits your budget, the suites are worth it too, even though truthfully you spend very little time in the room.

Thanks again, Radisson Aruba. (keep that staff happy, they are your number one asset).

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic family review. We are really working hard at the moment to put together a full family vacation proposition, and I know that my operations team has some great ideas to roll out over the summer vacation. It is also super to see the names of so many of our excellent staff.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you and the kids back again next year.

Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have stayed at The Aruba Radisson 5 times and once again had a very good experience. Front desk staff is easy to deal with and check in/out was a breeze. The grounds are well manicured and beautiful, and the main reason we stay here is that they have the BEST pool/beach area of any of the hotels on Palm Beach. They use to have water, and a sun block station poolside with a #30 but this is now gone, so bring your own lotion because the price in their convenience store for my $10.99 lotion was $28.00!

We had dinner on the beach with a large group, their La Playa dinner, and they were very accomodating with some menu changes. The food was much better than expected for a beach dinner and the staff was great. Also, their casual beachside restaurant, Gilligan's serves decent breakfast and lunch and we ate here almost every day.

The rooms are clean and modern (renovated within the last 2 years) with flat screen TVs, coffee makers and a small refrigerator in room. They use to have sleep number beds, but they since have changed. We definitely missed the sleep number but the new mattresses were comfortable. The only thing we dont like about the room is that the bathrooms are very small with strange showers/tubs that you step up into. The products they supply, shampoos/lotions etc., are good.

Overall, another great trip to the Radisson and we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Bonaire tower for rooms! Its between the lobby and the beach, so its most convenient to both.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review, and for taking the time to enlighten other travellers to the wonderful resort that we have to offer at the Radisson Aruba. Our grounds are fairly large at 15 acres, so it does take a very busy team a full day every day to keep them looking so good.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

In November of last year my wife Susan and I returned to Aruba for our 21st visit since 1993. The reason for our return was to renew our 25th Wedding vows on the beach at the Radisson Aruba Resort. This was our 15th consecutive stay at the Radisson. To help us celebrate the event were 20 friends and family from all over the States and Aruba.

What started over two years ago as an idea on the beach at sunset while enjoying a bottle of Champagne became reality on the beach with the help of their very knowledgeable Wedding Planner Lisa at the Radisson.

Our renewal Ceremony took place on the beach in front of the resort at sunset accompanied by a rainbow as we started our vows.

A Champagne toast and Hors d’oeuvres followed the ceremony with dinner to follow at one of the best restaurants on the Island the Radisson Sunset Grille for all of our guests. Thanks to the great job Winnie did as our bartender on the beach.

From our past stays at the Radisson we expected everything we planned to go off without a hitch but what took place was even beyond our expectations thanks to the exceptional staff at the Radisson.

Special thanks go out to all of the following:

To Lisa our Wedding Planner who was with us every step of the way and did an amazing job of taking care of every last detail.

To Jermaine and “Queen Mathilda” who take such great care of us when we stay on the Plaza Club Level and who were our guests on the beach and at dinner.

To the “Queen Mathilda” who provided the beautiful 3 tiered cake for dessert at dinner for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

To Jermaine for the Champagne reception upon check in with 6 of our guests who are still talking about it.

To Hector the head chef at the Sunset Grille and to all of the wait staff who took care of us at dinner that evening.

To Randle and the whole crew from the towel hut who took care of us and our guests at the pool and on the beach on a daily basis.

To the gang at Gilligan’s - Rudy, Winnie, Marcel, Gabby, Herme, Tico, and Chin.

We have already booked our 22nd trip to Aruba and the Radisson in April.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to have you stay 15 times with us. I am so pleased that your vow renewal went according to plan, and that Lisa was able to go way beyond her call of duty to show you such a great experience. Thank you for naming all the Rockstars that helped to make your day more memorable.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 733 reviews
Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino
Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellari...
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 4,008 reviews
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 2,033 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,299 reviews
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 4,179 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Arub...
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 3,051 reviews

Been to Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!