“Dream Come True Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa

Save Saved
You added Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa to your Saves list
Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 81, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Time this Summer
Delafield, Wisconsin
“Dream Come True Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This review is long overdue. My husband and I chose to get married at the Radisson Aruba on Sat. Sept. 29th, 2012 on the beach.This was our 2nd time in Aruba, and our 2nd time at the Radisson. Our wedding was a dream come true. Lisa Dammerman is the wedding coordinator for this resort, and she couldn't have been any more easier to work with. We live in WI, so I was a little nervous about how everything would turn out, but she could not have done a better job. From the moment we met with her, I knew we didn't have anything to worry about. She is a total sweetheart, and now a friend. This hotel is THE hotel that you want to stay on when staying on Palm Beach. It has the largest beachfront, and everything is top of the line. The service, the staff, the rooms, and the amenities are all fantastic. Plus it is in a perfect location! We had a beautiful, HUGE suite in the main building overlooking the ocean. The pools and grounds are beautiful, and the Sunset Grille is one of the best restaurants on the island. 52 people attended out wedding from all the across the US, and the people who stayed at some of the surrounding resorts wished they would have stayed at the Radisson. We stayed here for a week, and got compliments from strangers on the beach afterwards about how beautiful our wedding was. They said they had seen weddings at other hotels along the beach, but none were as beautiful or seemed as organized as ours was. Thank you to not only Lisa, but the entire staff at the Radisson including Hiram the bartender. They truly make you feel special at this hotel. We arranged a sunset cruise for all of our guests with DePalm Tours, and everyone really enjoyed themselves. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer. Can't wait to go back to Aruba and the Radisson!

Room Tip: I don't think there could be a "bad" room at this hotel. Everything is newly renovated...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
apv567, Director of Sales at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Congratulations on your wedding. We agree 100% that Lisa is outstanding. She plans each wedding as it were her own and has a great eye for detail. We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your one year anniversary.
Arianne Valentino, Director Sales & Marketing

2,319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Bradley beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We were in Disney for New Years and then flew right to Aruba and had a fabulous time! We were put in a beautiful suite 2219. It was our second trip to Aruba and the Radisson. I love Aruba!! The people are the friendliest of all the other islands we have been too. The hotel is great. The plaza club is fantastic. The ladies that are there are so pleasant and helpful. Matilda remembered us from out last visit and made us feel very welcomed. And of course the always pleasant Afroze that greeted us for breakfast every morning and always asked if we were enjoying ourselves and if we needed anything. If u do book this hotel spend the extra money and go into the plaza club, well worth it.

• Stayed January 2013
apv567, Director of Sales at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful visit and appreciate your kind compliments for Matilda and Afroze, which I will share with them. All of us here at the resort are committed to providing our guests with the best possible service. We look forward to your next visit
Warm Regards
Arianne Valentino, Director of Sales & Marketing
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd time in Aruba and we again stayed at the Radisson. The staff is always friendly and the grounds clean. The main lobby concierge recommendations were spot on.

We stayed on the club level. It has recently been remodeled. The room was spacious and clean. Serviced twice a day. The food in the club lounge has really stepped up and service was great as usual. Wish the cocktail hours were extended. The room is now open the majority of the day with breakfast in the morning, tea in afternoon, and drinks and snacks from 5-7

The pools are nice and clean and service at both the pool and beach is friendly and prompt

Food on the resort is average. We have eaten at sunset grille a few times. Was inconsistent. Didn't try it this time. Gillian's has average bar sort of fare

The bars Serve great drinks. Evening cocktails at Mira Solo are great. Lots of Martinis and margaritas with a tropical flare. Very friendly bartenders. And the staff at Castaways Bar has a way of making you feel very welcomed

The spa was nice. A bit expensive. And not a lot of small talk. May be a little of a language barrier. But everyone was friendly and the massages were very nice

I just don't enjoy gaming in the casino here. Every time I come I do it and each time I regret it. The dealers never engage you. Most of the time they stand and deal and talk to each other or the pit boss in Spanish. This was every time I went in to the casino this trip. It's gambling, bit not very entertaining though. Since I have to walk to the holiday inn for the sports book I will try gaming there next time

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here over New Year's Check in was a breeze. We stayed in the Aruba tower on the 6th floor which is in the main part of the hotel where the lobby is. Our room was an "Ocean View" room over looking a parking lot, but yes, you can see the ocean. I wasn't upset, because after reading reviews, I expected that. If a view doesn't mean much to you, go with a Garden view, or one of the "cheaper" rate rooms. Our room was very nice. Not sure if it was just updated, but still a very nice room.

The only negative I have to say is the walls in the rooms are paper thin. I spoke with another couple we met, and they agreed as well. You can hear EVERYTHING next door. I mean everything from a cough, sneeze, talking, etc. We had a family with 2 very young children staying next door. The 7am screaming and yelling of the kids was not something I wanted to listen to on the 1st night of my vacation. I went down to ask if there were any other rooms available away from them, but there wasn't.. They did tell me though the family was checking out the following day. I was fine with that and stayed with our room. Another "negative" if you want to call it that, was the water in the shower would go hot, then cold, then hot then cold. Kind of annoying, but we got use to it.

The Radisson is in the best location. Across the street, you have all of the restaurants, bars, shops, and nightlife. You don't need to go into town anymore. You have everything right there. If you do need to go downtown, there is a bus stop right out front of the hotel. I believe it was only $2.50 to downtown? Very easy to get too if you want to do more shopping.

The concerige was very helpful with booking reservations at restaurants and also booking excursions. (We did the Sail and Snokle with De Palm tours.)

(also did the Island Safari with ABC Tours..AWESOME!)

Besides the paperthin walls, I would return to the Radisson and recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Hopefully we will return one day!

Room Tip: Try out Gianni's restaurant across the street from the Radisson. Also, walk along beach walk tow...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to travel to Aruba from Los Angeles on 12/14/12 for a week-long stay at the Radisson in honor of our daughter's upcoming arrival. This was my 10th or so trip to Aruba and my husband's third. We have always stayed at the Radisson when we have traveled together. Although the travel time from L.A. is somewhat grueling (there are no non-stop flights), it is all worth it once you set foot on Aruban soil and particularly when you arrive at the Radisson.

The hotel grounds are very nice, particularly the pool and beach area. The pools are expansive with a great, airy layout that doesn't make you feel like you are lounging on top of other guests. The beachfront is spectacular - IMO, I think the sand quality at the Radisson is far superior to the other hotels. The Radisson also has a pretty neat system of reserving palapas, or straw huts, on the beach. These are free to hotel guests. Although the palapas directly in front of the shoreline get reserved early on, you can still reserve a great hut pretty close to the shore without having to wait in line.

The staff is very friendly, especially Victor, the bird caretaker and trainer. If you are like me and enjoy interacting with cute tropical birds, then you will love staying at the Radisson, where every morning (except Wednesdays), Victor will take the birds out of their cages to interact with hotel guests. You can also take pictures with the birds - it is a lot of fun and provides for great photo ops.

The rooms are nice, too. We were given a room on the 6th floor of the Curacao tower with a partial ocean view. It was nice and clean. Definitely no complaints there.

The restaurants are pretty good. We did not eat at the Sunset Grille, despite it's well-known reputation for fine dining, because we opted to eat outside of the property. Gilligan's, the casual breakfast and lunch spot, is located in the pool area and provides for convenient dining at fairly reasonable prices. We ate breakfast at Gilligan's a couple of times and had lunch there about three or four times. Definitely try the fish and chips for lunch - it is made with grouper and it is fabulous (I allowed myself a couple of bites of my husband's fish despite the mercury warning for pregnant women - lol).

In sum, I cannot speak highly enough about this resort. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation on a family-friendly property, look no further than the Radisson Aruba. My husband and I are already planning ahead to take our little girl there in the next year or so!

Room Tip: Ask about getting an upgrade when you check-in.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
apv567, Director of Sales at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. You really touched on the great things we have at the Resort. We look forward to welcoming you and your new baby girl when you are ready to come back.
Arianne Valentino, Director of Sales & Marketing
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Aruba for a week in mid-December. What an amazing trip! We are so glad we chose to stay at the Radisson for our first trip to Aruba and we will definitely be staying here for any future trips. (We were actually disappointed they didn't offer some sort of rebooking discount or package because we had wanted to book a trip for next year already.)

We started in a basic room, which was very nice, but after two days, there was finally an upgrade available. We paid for the upgrade to a Deluxe Ocean View room and it was well worth it! We had an end room on the sixth floor in the Aruba tower and, not only was the room larger, but we had a full ocean view. Just beautiful! The grounds of the Radisson were also incredibly beautiful and well-maintained. We walked along all of the other resorts on Palm Beach and, while I can't speak for the rooms, the other hotels' grounds did not even compare to the Radisson's. They were lush, tropical, well-maintained and some of the birds were quite entertaining. The location is perfect, too. It's right across the street from a great downtown area. Lots of restaurants, shops, entertainment, etc.

We had no problem reserving a palapa each day we needed one. The first couple of days we got in line around 3:30pm, but we quickly learned that even without waiting in line (but going shortly after the line died down) we could still score a prime spot on the beach. The Radisson also has one of the best and biggest stretches of beach. Clean, white sand with very few shells, rocks, etc.

All of the staff members were extremely helpful and very friendly. They always had smiles on their faces and greeted us, even if just in passing. They were also quick to help us with any questions we had, whether about the Radisson itself or Aruba in general.

My only recommendation for Aruba in general, and we plan to do this on future trips, is to pack more snacks and maybe even pick up a bottle of alcohol at the duty-free shop prior to leaving the airport when we first arrive. As with most islands, regular groceries and beer/alcohol can be quite expensive ($6 USD for a bag of chips!). We prefer to pick up some beer and use our cooler on the beach. It was extremely convenient, and still saved us money versus buying beer at the bar every time. (We still bought cocktails from the bar, but it was easier to buy our own beer from the gift shop or the store across the street and not have to order from a server every time.) Also, there are so many restaurants and bars in Aruba, that we're glad we chose not to go with an all-inclusive resort. This is not the kind of place where you need to stay at your resort 24/7 and the variety of restaurants is abundant (Italian, Mexican, Steak, Seafood, BBQ, etc.).

Friendly people. Perfect weather. Lots of fun activities. What a great vacation!

Room Tip: If you have some room to splurge a little, upgrade to an ocean view room and/or stay in the Aruba to...
Milan, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We just celebrated 20 year anniversary the second week in December at the Radisson. It was the most relaxing week of our lives. We stayed in the main tower and had access to the plaza club lounge. I highly recommend upgrading to this level. You will get your money back easily on breakfast and happy hour. As well as the great service provided by the concierge staff. The staff was what really made it great. Very attentive to every request and quickly made us reservations to highly rated restaurants. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Mattress was very comfortable.

The Radisson is very close to everything we needed. In fact we only needed transportation to and from the airport. We walked to everything else. By the way, there are restaurants on every scale literally right across the street. From american fast food to 4star. Most of our evening meals averaged $60 per person. By the way, tap water is safe to drink and tastes good too. We ate at Radisson's Gilligans for lunch one day. It was ok, but they charged us extra to sit near the beach. We had the La Playa sunset dinner on the beach the first night we were there for our anniversary celebration. It was awesome. I highly recommend it.

We had a day at the spa. It was enjoyable. We arrived promptly on time, however felt hurried between treatments. Also it seems that some of the spa areas and equipment are dated. But most of the areas are wonderful and serene. The staff are very good and we enjoyed ourselves.

When you go to Aruba, the main reason is for the beach. The Radisson does not dissapoint. It was second to none. Pristine. The only complaint is the papalya system. You must get in line at 3:00 in order to reserve one for the next day. You can pay in advance to reserve one or you can wait and see the next day. We did not go at an extremely crowded time so it was ok. We actually got a good one by just showing up the first day, but reserved one each of the next days.

The Radisson has gorgeous grounds, pools, gardens, waterfalls, beach, rooms, common areas. It is close to everything. The staff is great. I highly recommend the Radisson. We will return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!