“I would return to this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa

Save Saved
You added Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa to your Saves list
Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 81, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Time this Summer
chicago, illinois
“I would return to this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked 2 nights Dec 20-22 prior to moving to the Hyatt (on points) for Xmas and I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay at the Radisson. The first room we were allocated was in the curaçao building on a higher floor but it just had two small beds (with Hubbie) so asked for a change to a king. Moved to the Bonaire Tower which was closer to the beach area and while this building has less floors than C, we had a nice view. Used the upgrade for $19 a night which to me was worth it. The hotel isn't as upscale as the Hyatt but the rooms were very nice and I enjoyed the balcony (Hyatt has a step out). Also, the beach at the Radisson was better than Hyatt as it was no where near as crowded. I had read on TA some complaints about non-hotel guests on the beach but this was not a problem at all. We even walked past over Xmas and the beachfront was very pleasant. Did Seem to be more crowded with non-guests by the pier to the left. I really enjoyed the ease of reserving a hut the day before at 4pm. On our arrival, we still managed to reserve a hut after 5pm for the next day. Enjoyed Gilligans for breakfast and the location is great- restaurants and bars across the street. My only negative was that the concierge staff was not very helpful and couldn't answer some basic direction questions, but no big deal. In all, I would definitely stay here again. Reasonable rates and a very nice hotel. I do agree with others reviews though, if you like a view avoid rooms facing the Rui and the parking lot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I chose the Radisson based on the recomendations of a friend, It was everything she promised, great service, clean, great location just across the street are some of the best restuarants on the island. The staff at the Redisson are excellant, they are always willing to help if its a room upgrade or a resturant recommendation they are there giving 100%.
I will definetly be going back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
apv567, Director of Sales at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for review! We agree with you that “the reviews are right on!” We are very proud of the wonderful staff.
Arianne Valentino, Director Sales & Marketing
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was our first time in Aruba and we chose the Radisson based on reviews and price. We were not dissapointed! We stayed in the Curaco Tower and had a ground floor room facing the Riu. The room was great, comfortable beds, very clean, free wi-fi, plenty of storage for clothes and bags, also very nice sized bathroom. My only complaint would be the crack in the bathroom door. It made all of us very uncomfortable. The rooms are designed with a plantation theme & the bathroom door is 2 door shitters. When you close them there is a very noticable gap in between them. If you want to you can stand outside the bathroom door & see almost everything. We ended up hanging robes in between the doors to give ourselves some more privacy. They need to seriously rethink the design on the bathroom doors! Like I said other than that we had no complaints about the room or housekeeping. All of the staff throughout the Radisson was incredibly friendly and welcoming.
The Radisson does by far have the best and largest beach in the high rise area. We realized this after walking up & down the beach and visiting each property. As previous reviews had stated Radisson does have the benefit of reserving a palpa the day before. I noticed people start lining up around 3pm to reserve. Being on vacation & not being that concerned decided to not spend an hour waiting simply to reserve a palpa. I found that if you don't care if your closer to the walkway than the beachfront you can still reserve an available palpa as late as 5pm. Also any palpa not occupied after 10am is open to anyone. We reserved palpas each day close to the walkway and found that everyday we were able to move up closer to the ocean front due to unoccupied palpas. Also as some reviews had stated previously, passengers from the cruise ships do come to the Radisson beach, rent, and set up umbrellas all along the beach front in front of the palpas. It wasn't really a big deal to us. Servers from the Radisson bar Gilligans will come around take and serve drinks. We found the Bugaloe bar to be much cheaper on drink prices than Gilligans. The Bugaloe bar is a pier that is located in the same area. I recommend going there to get your drinks to save money.
The location of this hotel is prime. There is a ton of shops and restaurants in very short walking distance, a lot of them being directly across the street.
The casino is small but very enjoyable. Tables and slots had low minimums. The dealers were very friendly and also entertaining at most times. 3 out of 4 of us walked away winners. (Not huge winners but hey when gambling a win is a win)
The only restaurant we ate at on the property was breakfast at Gilligans. The food was good and the prices were reasonable. We originally intended on eating at (I forget the name of the restaurant that offers) the breakfast buffet but when we were told the price of $22 per person we decided to pass. Thats when we went to Gilligans which was much better. Hotcakes breakfast was $8 or you could order 2 bagels w/cream cheese for $5, and of course they had other numerous items to chose from. Much cheaper than the buffet.
There were 4 of us in our party that stayed here and all 4 of us loved it and agreed we would absolutely stay here again! This may have been my first time visiting but it certainly won't be my last!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Newton, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We love this hotel for many reasons. The last night we took a sunset cruise and what we saw from the boat explained it to us. The hotel is on what seems to be the biggest piece of land and has the fewest rooms. What that means is that you rarely feel crowded. Even though the hotel was full. We stayed in 2219. I read a previous review and do not know what the writer was taking about regarding bugs. We did not experience any except a few near the beach once or twice. It is an island. Love the warm and gracious staff. I love sitting in chairs in the pool and reading. My family liked hanging at the beach. Lunch at Gilligans was yummy. Had the salmon salad every day. My teen could not finish her burger.
I lost my sunglasses and the gift shop had an inexpensive pair for me to buy.
Love this hotel you can not go wrong

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
apv567, Director of Sales at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for the review. We agree on with all your comments especially the ones regarding our beach. Just a bit of history - the Resort was built by famed architect Morris Lapidus. While scouting for sites on Aruba for the island’s first luxury hotel Mr. Lapidus said “I had the choice of any beach location on the island and selected the area on Palm Beach where the hotel now stands as the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The sand reminded me of talcum powder.” Source personal interview 2001
Arianne Valentino, Director of Sales & Marketing
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I've been to Aruba 5 times in past 10 years. I have stayed at La Cabana, Marriott, and now Radisdon. By far the best hotel. Great pools, restaurants, and overall great location (within walking distance to lots of shopping and dining). We took out 4 and 1 year old kids. Great place for couples or families!

• Stayed December 2012
We are happy to hear that you "love the Radisson" Thank you for your post. We receive good comments on our location, food and service. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another vacation.
Arianne Valentino, Director Sales & Marketing
Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed in Radisson for a week in October.
Chose the hotel based on reviews, have no one to blame for the choice but myself.
Check-in was a breeze - literally a few minutes. "Great place!" - I told my wife. Then we saw the room. And from there our expectations went down the drain.
Instead of the garden view, we got a great view overlooking the roofs of the hotel's buffet and service buildings with a very noisy oversized fans on top. The room featured a rusty bath, dirty footprints on the floor and a quite noticeable chunks of long black hair on the carpet.
Not willing to spend the whole week in a such a lousy settings, I went to a lobby. Dianne, the girl who gave us the room, upon hearing the problem became instantly busy and forwarded us to another girl, Kimberley.
She was very enthusiastic and gave us another room right away. We moved our stuff there just to find out it has a view of a parking lot at nearby Riu resort. I went right back to a lobby. "Oh, I didn't know you needed a garden view" - said Kimberley, even though I mentioned it few times.
At this point I asked to talk to a manager. The guy working the desk, Pablo, said he was the manager and volunteered to help us with the room. He brought us to a different building (Bonnaire instead of Curacao) and showed us the room on the 2nd floor (we were supposed to get one on a high floor). At this point, being exhausted after a flight, trip to the hotel, and having to move twice, I simply agreed - just to be done with it.
And that was the mistake - all week long we were eaten alive by mosquitoes from the nearby tree. I'm quite sure they are not such a big issue on a higher floors, where we were supposed to get our room.
Adding insult to injury, the hotel was filled well below 50% capacity, meaning there were rooms available.
Before the trip I read in Tripadvisor reviews that Radisson went through renovations recently. Well, it didn't show. Paint was peeling off the walls, adjustable beds (the pride of Radisson) didn't work at all, neither of them, and AC unit was making noises like a large tractor. Wish we could turn off AC at night and sleep with the balcony door open, but it was impossible because of the mosquitoes.
The breakfast buffet at the hotel cost me $22.13 - too much even by Aruban standards, and it was nothing special.
We used De Palm shuttle to get from/to airport and it takes too long to get to Radisson with too many stops. On our return trip they seemed to forget about us at all. Finally, the bus showed up an hour late, so we barely made it to airport in time. De Palm didn't bother to keep us updated about pick up time.
Now, letting the steam off, the good part.
Resort's property is absolutely beautiful. Very spacious, many trees, never crowded (we were there in off-season, though). I think they have the best part of Palm beach - the cleanest, with the least waves and winds. There is plenty of lounges on the beach (good quality too). Though, to get a palapa you'll need to reserve it a day before - not a big deal, really.
Nice gym - air-conditioned with enough free weights and cardio equipment. They even have Smith machine. Nice view from the gym too.
Location is perfect - there are lots of places to go to just outside the hotel.
In all, we had a good week off - you can't go wrong with Aruba. Just be careful when choosing a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
apv567, Director of Sales at Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We are truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please contact me via email arianne.valentino@radisson.com so I can share your concerns with our Director of Operations.

Arianne Valentino, Director of Sales & Marketing
Central NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was our third time staying at the Radisson in Aruba and it gets better every time The location of the hotel is perfect right across the street from all the shopping and restaurants But it's the staff that truly sets the hotel apart from the others in the high-rise district. Was especially when he and the entire bar staff at Gilligans am bar are fantastic

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!