“Wow!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa

You added Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa to your Saves list
Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 81, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Family Time
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

Aruba was absolutely beautiful! We spent 4 days there beginning on Sept 20 and we chose Aruba to avoid all the thunderstorms in the rest of the Caribbean. The beach at the Radisson was the best I've ever swam in, and I've been to Cancun, Acapulco, Oahu, Cuba, the Bahamas and Okinawa to compare this against. In addition to the crystal clear water, the water was so calm and very easy to swim in. We were very impressed with the facilities, the cleanliness and the beautiful grounds with waterfalls and wildlife. The pools were very clean and the rooms were exactly as shown in pictures. The washroom was equally impressive with fresh flowers, marble tiles and robes. I didn't notice the mildew issues that others had mentioned, but I was on the 4th floor in the Aruba tower.. not sure where they were. We had requested a partial ocean view and that's what we got.. We were above the Mira Solo bar w/ a view of the garden and ocean. Lots of choices for restaraunts nearby, room-service was suprisingly excellent. I suggest you wear at least SPF 30 on your first day, because I didn't and am now burnt and peeling. The sun is very strong, but the winds make you feel like it's cooler when it's not. I had children with me and although there weren't many other children around, they had a great time in the beach and pool. I totally recommend ths place!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
Southern Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

Last year my husband and I spent 7 glorious nights at the Radisson Aruba. As a frequent traveler and since this was my honeymoon I wanted to have the best possible experience ever. I checked out a few hotels and then tripadvisor.com for traveler reviews. I must say upon arrival the hotel was impressive, with the open air lobby and informative/very nice staff members. Check-in was a breeze and we had complimentary drinks. The room was fabulous, looked exactly as the photos on the Radisson website. Reminded me of an old plantation. We had complimentary champagne and the cutest do not disturb sign on the door (which I put in my keepsake box). We had lunch at Gilligan's Beach Bar and Grill nearly everyday (the drinks and food are awesome as is the wait staff who greeted us everyday, knew what we wanted and brought our food to us on the beach). My husband and I walked the strip of the beach and by far the Radisson has the widest and best beach area of the hotels located on Palm Beach. There are plenty of activities in Aruba to keep you engaged and the staff at the Radisson can do everything from help you make dinner reservations, help with excursions and just about anything. We went to Madame Jeanette’s (great), the Flying Fishbone (loved it, have dinner near sunset), Smokey Joes (great), did the ATV tour (the best), submarine, Jolly Pirates, Kukukunuku (spelled wrong), among other things. We loved our experience so much that we’re heading back next week for our first anniversary.

• Liked — the beach, size and food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

My husband and I travelled to Aruba from September 3-9th for our Honeymoon. All I can say is that it was absolutely amazing! The Radisson is gorgeous and has the best beach on the island by far! The staff was so kind and always willing to help. The property was always being cleaned and never once were we unsatisfied with the service. The food was a little pricey, but excellent! Everywhere you go in Aruba, the food is a little more expensive than you would expect to pay in the states. All in all though, totally worth it. Our last night we ate at the Sunset Grille (at the Radisson) and the service and food was unbelievable. We had four different waiters catering to our every need.

We would recommend this resort, and already have, to all our family and friends. We will definitely be revisiting the Radisson again sometime soon.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Westchester County, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

The Radisson Aruba may well be the #1 hotel in Aruba, and certainly has the potential to be superb regionally: its staff and grounds are terrific and we couldn't have been happier with them. But visitors with allergies/asthma should be aware that there are significant mildew problems throughout the island (both in some hotels and many stores around Oranjestad) that are far worse than one would expect for a desert island.

For the Radisson, this meant many people complaining during our stay (9/5-9/13), particularly on the 6th floor of the Aruba Tower where people were becoming sick. The situation was so bad -- mold visible to the eye, a wall of mildew smell greeting people at the elevator, mildew saturating the carpets, etc. -- that we ended up complaining right up the chain of command to the resort manager, who ultimately moved our room and upgraded us for free. The upgrade to a different floor helped but did not eliminate the problem, which he said the Radisson is aware of and has hired a consultant to help correct. We did not get any compensation for the first three nights of illness and rather severe inconvenience, and for this we are quite disappointed. That said, the staff could not have been more sympathetic -- they even procured electronic air filters for us from their own offices and bore their own inconvenience at work so we could be more comfortable on our vacation.

Sometimes adversity brings out the best in people, and the staff at the Radisson deserves very serious kudos for their efforts to make us feel like family. I could write pages about how the staff went above and beyond in numerous ways to make our trip truly special, and their efforts made all the difference between a mediocre vacation and a truly memorable one. When the Radisson gets on top of its mildew problem, that hotel will be a destination like no other on Aruba -- far more lush, far friendlier and far more lowkey relaxing than the more institutional, glitzy or just plain brash hotels we visited. But travelers with severe allergies may wish to consider going elsewhere than Aruba, or at least avoiding the Radisson, until this problem can be fixed.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
El Segundo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

My boyfriend and I just got back from a wonderful stay at the Radisson Aruba Resort. The pros of this hotel: beautiful property, best beach, terrific spa. The only con: way overpriced drinks/food. I expect resorts to charge more for food/drinks/services but the prices at the Radisson were just outrageous! Oh, and don't forget your sunblock! I did and I had to buy some at the hotel gift shop for the bargain price of $17.

We stayed in the Curacao Tower on the 3rd floor in a Curacao suite. For $600 a night, the accomodations weren't what I expected. I hated the Sleep Number beds, there was no view of the ocean from our balcony, and we didn't even get breakfast with our room.

The Larimar Spa was beautiful but very expensive. I expect to pay around $125 for a massage, not $185. Although I have to admit that the Aloe Vera and Rum Massage I received at the spa was heavenly and the spa must be experienced.

After walking up and down Palm Beach, I have to say that the Radisson has the BEST beachfront of any hotel in the High Rise area. The beach isn't as rocky as the other hotel beachfronts and they have a ton of palapas (cabanas) for you to choose from, although they have a lame reservation system. You must book your palapa a day in advance to get the best ones (closest to the water) and if you get to your palapa even a minute late after 10am the hotel staff will give it away.

I would probably stay at the Radisson again if I return to Aruba, for the simple fact that they have the best beach. But for dining out and drinks, I'd rather go to the restaurants across the street or in downtown Oranjestad where the food is cheaper and much better!

• Liked — The beachfront.
  • Disliked — The prices.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

We stayed at the Radisson from 8/20 - 8/27 for our honeymoon.
Check in was a pain - although we were the only people there, it took 10 minutes for someone to help us. After this minor glitch, Pedro took us to our room, pointing out all of the important places along the way. He was great the entire trip - every time we saw him he always had a warm welcome and asked how everything was. We had booked a gardenview room and we were placed in the Bonaire tower on the first floor. The room was nice, bathroom was kind of small, but ok for us. We figured we wouldnt be in the room much anyways. On the first night, we were awaken by our neighbors - a family staying in the next room. The mother and daughter were so loud and always arguing. They proceeded to wake us the next morning and the morning after that. We finally went to complain to the front desk after repeatedly asking them to quiet down. All the front desk said was they would send security. They said they didn' t have any more rooms in our category, so there was nothing they would do for us. We ended up paying for a room upgrade just to get away from them. We were then placed in the Aruba tower on the 6th floor in a deluxe ocean view. Definitely worth the extra money, hands down. We also requested a late check out and they said we could stay until 2. So we went to the beach and my husband went up at 12 to shower and grab lunch. They had deactivated his card, so he had to go back to the front desk, explain that we had requested a late check out and have his card re-swiped. Same thing happened to me. The front desk was really not helpful or nice at all. But that was only a minor part of our stay.

The beach is beautiful, and there is no need to wait in line the day before for a palapa. We laughed when we saw people lining up at 3:15. We would go down at 10 and always get one. The pool area is also great. We went to the Larimar Spa to have a couples massage - what a wonderful experience. The spa is by far the nicest I have ever been in and the massage was incredible. I also had a manicure one day. About $45, but it did last almost 2 weeks. We walked up and down the beach and the Radisson had the nicest beach and grounds.

We played in the casino almost every night. We play roulette and the dealers were AWFUL. They knocked over chips, didn't pay attention and had really bad attitudes most of the nights. But we did walk out way up, so we just tried to deal with it.

We had some great dinners in Aruba - El Gaucho was unreal and Garufa across the street is a cool bar to hang out, have a martini and listen to live music in. We loved Madame Jeanettes, and Papiamento was sooo good! The atmosphere is so nice and the food was phenomenal! The italian restaurant by the lighthouse was really good too (Il Trattoria, I think) but if you go for sunset beware of the flies. There were so many, but the waitress said they go away once the sun goes down and they do. The sunset was amazing, as was the view. We ate at the Sunset Grill in the Radisson and were not impressed. The service was good, but the food was average at best. Both our meals were dry and just kind of blah. Definitely venture off the grounds for dinner. We had lunch most days at Gilligan's and it was always really good. We went to happy hour on the first night - 2 for 1 drinks - but I dont think there was much alcohol in my drinks.

Overall, Aruba is an amazing place. We always felt safe, everyone is so friendly and they all speak English. We can't wait to go back!

• Liked — Grounds & beach
  • Disliked — Front desk help
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

This was a fantastic resort and in an ideal location. We had a suite and it was massive and overlooking the beach. The staff were exceptionally friendly and did everything to help. August is a low season so this made it ideal for chilling out as it was very quiet. yje breakfast was boring and we ventured out for breakfast after the second day. Also fantastic fajitas in guilligans. also the thai resturant near wendy is the best i have had outside thailand!!!!!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!