“Good steak, setting a little tired” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An Aruba restaurant for gourmet dining, the renowned French Steakhouse is a must for any visitor to Aruba. The chef presents a wonderful new menu in an all-new trendy and cozy ambiance. Serving the biggest and best North and South American cuts of beef, local and continental cuisine.
London
“Good steak, setting a little tired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Good steak well cooked and a nice atmosphere with live piano. Bread was lovely and portions were of a good size. What lets this down is the decor is very tired and the menu could do with a revamp. Ike's in the same hotel is a more relaxed restaurant and a little cheaper but we preferred the menu there. Without the good steak this would not get so many stars so if you can look past the decor it's worth a visit.

Satellite Beach, Florida
“Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have 2 dinners at the French Steakhouse. Both times service was excellent but the dinners needed some help. I had Steak it was tough and had no flavor. My wife had it the 2nd time and results were the same. I also had Lamb Chops they were flavorful but not enough of them. I remember when this restaurant was top shelf.

Gainesville, Florida
“An enjoyable dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We dined here during our stay at Manchebo resort June 19-June 24. The first night I had the lobster special and it was the best lobster I've ever eaten - perfectly cooked, incredibly tender and moist, just perfect! The flan was okay that was served as dessert. My husband had a steak and he said it was delicious. We had apple mojitos that were AWESOME (this resort knows how to make a mean mojito)! The second time we dined, I had the lobster again, however, this time it was good but not great; slightly overcooked and tougher than the first time. My husband had a steak again and said it was good, and we had cake for dessert that was delicious and mojitos again that were just perfect. There is a live piano player at night that really makes the ambiance perfect for a special night out, and our waiter Harold could not have been better. Everyone is efficient, friendly, and it's obvious that they are well-trained. Great staff and an enjoyable evening both nights - we would definitely return.

Torrance, California, United States
“Great service, nice ambiance, food just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived with high expectations based on many positive reviews and left a bit disappointed. The service was very good, the piano player added nicely to the ambiance, and it was a nice setting. But the food didn't meet our expectations.

My wife ordered ala carte and chose dishes that looked great on the menu. But her crab stuffed mushrooms didn't have any trace of crab. The corn and crab chowder mighty have had "krab", but no crab and too much salt. And her crab stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon also seemed devoid of crab. I guess the takeaway is that you shouldn't come here for anything with crab.

I tried the ambassador five course meal. The keshi yana had good flavors but was too salty to enjoy. The polenta and plantain were good. My churrasco beef was quite good and I enjoyed the trio of sauces. The Dame Blanche dessert was okay, but nothing to write home about.

Since we're staying at Manchebo we may give the French Steakhouse another try before we go. The early bird and ambassador menus are good values. I think if we stick with the basics that others rave about like the filet and grouper, we may enjoy the food next time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Marvelous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This was a great start to a perfect vacation trip, the staff was pleasant and made the night enjoyable for my wife and myself. The food was great and our waiter Harold was excellent that night.