“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Cunucu Abao 37, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
+297 587 0184
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Lansing, MI
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I dined at Madame Janette last night for diner. Everything was amazing from the food to the ambiance to the music. The tables are outside and there are trees with lovely lights in them all around you, a very romantic setting. Our waiter was Nathan and he was awesome, very attentive and nice. We has the bang bang shrimp and chorizo for appetizer. They were both very good but the shrimp was not spicy as described but still delicious. I had the sea bass and my husband had the skirt steak de mi padre. Both were excellent and the portions were huge. We took a taxi there and were a little confused because it feels like you are driving into a residential neighborhood so don't be concerned that your taxi driver is leading you astray if you go!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Delicious food and good waiter but manager stunk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Wr have been eating here for years. The food is always delicious and the service is usually good but the manager refused to come talk to us when we had a real problem. 2 out of 13 dinners were never ordered- our waiter just skipped over them on his order pad. So when he started delivering the other 11 dinners it only then occurred to him that he was missing something. We know that mistakes happen and we didn't have anywhere else to go ( we are on vacation) but our waiter was very upset. He asked us if he could get a manager over to our table- we never asked for a manager. Then we started eating and about 20 minutes later the two missing meals come out. One was wrong. Still didn't complain but we are all done eating by now. Manager talks to our waiter about 5 feet from our table but still doesn't talk to us. Our waiter was so mad and offered us dessert, telling us that he will have to take over as manager because clearly our manager "is somewhere else tonight" A few of us got it but they never brought over spoons or forks for the desserts or to stir the coffee. We had to ask a busboy twice for spoons. Overall our waiter was excellent, the food is excellent but the manager- not so much.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Cool place, pretty pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Cool restaurant, nice vibe. Great food, but like a lot of Aruba, a little overpriced. Great live entertainment- a guy with a guitar. very mellow, very classy.

Visited October 2012
“Great food in excellent ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Had a great evening here with my wife. We didn't have a reservation, but they still got us a table within 15 minutes. We just had time to order our pre-dinner cocktails and sit down in their lounge area when we were buzzed. It's a very nice atmosphere and the interior is cosy and relaxed. Will start the review with the cocktails as I found that they were mixed to perfection, with good quality ingredients. So even if you're just looking for good cocktails I believe this is one of the better bars.

For starter, my wife had their speciality shrimp dish wich was very tasty. It was basically a sallad with fried shrimps, but they the combination of the flavors made it unique. I went for the crab cake which was served with tartare sauce. There was a lot of crab in the crab cake and once again the flavors were great. For mains my wife had the thai jumbo prawn dish and I must say I have never seen prawns that big before. They were not far from the size of a lobster tail. The prawns came with rice and a thai red curry sauce. The sauce was not very thai, but it was delicious, so what does it matter. The prawns were fried and covered in almionds, so quite crispy with a great flavor. I had a tenderloin steak with mushed potatoes, mushrooms, tomato and a rich flavorsome sauce. The recepie came from the owners dad or grandpa who was a butcher, I believe.

The service and attention was great, there was a couple of guitarists playing their own versions of famous songs. They were really skilled and it wasn't too loud so you could still hear yourself think.

It's not the cheapest restaurant in Aruba, but totally worth every penny. I will for sure return here the next time I have the pleasure to visit Aruba.

Martin & Alex.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stamford, Connecticut
“Amazing Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I love Madame Janette!!! We ate there in February and of course had dinner there again this time ( October). The service is absolutely wonderful and the food is delicious (great menu....lot's of variety). The setting is also very nice...great ambiance!! We had mentioned that we were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and they gave us complimentary drinks....really friendly!! You must eat at Madame Janette!! My husband and I split the Lobster Ravioli ( you must order this) and I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu (very tasty and huge portion) for my entree.