“Decent but Not Special” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Ashburn, Virginia
“Decent but Not Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We visited Smokey Joe's primarily because we pass by every night and there is generally a crowd outside so we wanted to see what the hoopla was all about. Sadly, the food was just average and the service was nothing special. There are too many excellent places to visit in Aruba so this one is definitely not worth a return visit.

Visited February 2014

• Slovak first
Cochrane, Canada
“Amazing Ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

If you are ever in Aruba you have to try the Ribs at Smokey Joe's, food & service is awesome
We have gone to eat there twice already and have had no complaints. I would definitely go again

Visited March 2014
Massachusetts
“We liked it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This definitely seems like a tourist trap at first glace and perhaps it is, but we actually thought it was fine, and we are pretty picky. Like others, we went here on our first night after a long day of travel and wearily looking for somewhere "easy" to eat with kids.

My kids had the chicken wing app and loved them. I tasted one and for your typical fried wings they were good (we got the bbq sauce on the side). I had the blackened grouper dish with rice and beans and black beans and it was very good. The portions were great and the food tasted fresh and nicely prepared. No complaints. My husband and the BBQ pulled pork sandwich with fries and it was excellent.

The drinks were fun and yummy. I suppose overpriced, but we didn't mind.

The service was fair...our server screwed up our app but fixed it quickly (although he was grumpy about it). All of the servers seemed a bit rushed and not smiling very much. Our server got friendlier when he brought out the check.

The atmosphere was fine. It was a bit loud, but I sort of expected it would be that way.

Overall, if you go here expecting basic chain-type food, you'll be fine. I think it's a good first-night option when you are too tired to go anywhere more ambitious. Yes, it's overpriced, but in my opinion eating out in general tends to be overpriced.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rye, New York
“BBQ in Aruba”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

A very casual, outdoor restaurant serving barbequed ribs and chicken complete with side dishes. Great atmosphere for kids serving food they like. No reservations and expect a line at times.

Visited February 2014
Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
“Tasty Food Year After Year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Eight years ago we first stopped at Smokey Joe's for an informal meal and now it is an annual tradition. As our vacation gets closer and closer my husband and I begin discussing restaurants. The first restaurant he must visit is always Smokey Joe's.

Enjoy