“GREAT FOOD & EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 167 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming, with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving comfort food with a twist prepared over wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace.
Berwyn, Illinois
“GREAT FOOD & EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Been to Aruba three times now and that was our first trip to Yemanja. We absolutely loved it. The food was excellent and the service and ambiance was great. We would recommend this to anyone who really enjoys food and quality!

• Hungarian first
Kinnelon, New Jersey
“the best of 6 restaurants we ate at on our trip to aruba last week.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Very nice setting. Service oriented staff. Excellent food.

chicago
“Pleasant surprise off the strip, perfect for some steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I found this place online and thought we'd enjoy it after looking at the menu and seeing pictures of the food. The outside is not what you'd think when you go inside. The whole restaurant smells of the mesquite wood burning grill they use to cook their proteins. You can eat outside or inside in the AC. The menu is reasonably priced and they have nightly specials. The beef carpaccio bombe is amazing and our meat selections were very good as well. They lost our reservation but we were able to be seated no problem before it started to fill up for the night. The waitstaff are all very friendly girls making the night very pleasant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sykesville, Maryland
“The best meal I have eaten in Aruba in 4 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We arrived without a reservation but were given our choice of tables on the patio. Our server was a delightful restaurant management intern from the Netherlands. We only ordered entries, Ribeye and Tenderloin, and dessert, Hot meets Cold and Fried Strawberries with vanilla ice cream. The steaks were grilled to perfection with a hint of smoky flavor. The sides were served in cups and were very good. I love good garlic mashed potatoes and these were very good. I enjoyed the taste of sesame in the stir fried veggies. The black beans were also tasty. There was too much food for my wife and I to finish and I'm a big eater. I will enjoy the other half of my steak and some of all the sides for lunch. I almost hate to post this because I will need a reservation next time to get in!

Hurley NY
“I wanted to Lick My Soup Bowl!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

By far the best restaurant on the island, It even beats Flying Fishbone!!! Tried Yemanja last year January 2010 and loved it. Loved it so much we went there two nights in a row!!! Had the truffle potato leak soup both nights and dare I say it was orgasmic...I really did want to lick my soup bowl clean just not to miss a drop of this soup!!!! I had the twin grouper stuffed with a cream cheese chive, and my other half had the twin fillets. We then gave each other a piece of each so we turned it into surf and turf!! LOLOL They serve the side family style and they were divine. There was not a drop of food left!! The fillet just melted in our mouths no need to chew!! Doing a count down to January because I just can't wait to go back!!! We never did make it to dessert either night so hopefully this year!! Definitely a must!!!!!