“Instructif.” 4 of 5 stars

Brussels, Belgium
6 attraction reviews
“Instructif.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

It's a small factory where you will learn everything there is to know about the aloe vera and how they use it. The visit is done in 15 minutes but it's totally free and interesting.
The staff is really nice and knows what they are talking about.
The end of the visit happens in... the shop.

Visited July 2013

Montreal
93 attraction reviews
“An interesting aloe experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This factory tour is free, the most expensive part of it is to get yourself to this off-the-beaten path location. It is a small, very nice facility. When I showed up, a tour had just started, which starts with an introductory film. The tour was small, there was about 10 people. From the film I learned the history of the company, and that their aim is to make Aruba Aloe to Aruba what Heineken is to the Netherlands or what Coca Cola is to America.

We were led to a small demonstration table where the guide showed us how to "filet" an aruba leaf and show us the anatomy of the leaf. It was a touchy feely sort of demonstration, we were allowed to touch the slimy substances of the leaf.

We were then taken through the factory, where one can look through windows down at the facilities where the product is made, bottled, packed, and where research and testing is conducted. No one was working at the time, the guide said they must be on break. I would have liked to have seen someone working, it would have been interesting. An interesting note is that they only manufacture in response to orders, not general stock.

The tour ended in the store. There was no pressure to buy. There are $5 discount coupons out there that are offered, but it is important to bring the coupon to scan. Also, if you buy over a certain amount you get a small gift. On top of that, sign up for the birthday email and you get a small gift at the airport store (I got it, it was a lip balm). I really enjoy the products. I have been using the vitamin E in particular on my sunburn and it works really well. Loving it. Very glad that I saw the facility, it added to my knowledge of aloe. Also, the tour is short - I fit it into a late morning before lunch and just before I was catching an afternoon cruise.

Visited July 2013
Michigan
8 attraction reviews
“Fun and interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you have a car this is a fun short trip and interesting. I bought 3 bottles of a variety of Aloe products and lip palm with sunscreen and love it. The use the vitamin E gel works amazing to make your skin silky and smooth. I like it better than lotion.

Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Not great!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We recently vacationed in Palm Beach, Aruba for the first time and we got sunburned. I usually use Clarin sun products but I saw that Aruba Aloe had gotten good reviews so I tried it. The sunburn relief balm does not work - it did not relieve the sunburn pain or the redness and it did not alleviate the discomfort of the sunburn. I tried returning the product to get something else that works but the salesperson said that it's been used so I could not return it. The salesperson didn't care that the product did not work and they did not really want to hear that I was unhappy about the product.

I definitely do not recommend this product or any other products by Aruba Aloe and the service at the Palm Beach/Paseo Herencia mall was awful.

Visited May 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
“Sunburn relief”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Aruba Aloe store came in handy during our stay. They offer a large line of different products that contain pure aloe vera. We purchased Sunburn Relief which really helped us both. Being fair skinned we didn't realize even SPF 50 can sometimes not be enough protection. The only thing I didn't like was the products were a bit expensive.

Visited May 2013