“Energetic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Let's Go Latin!

Let's Go Latin!
Cordova, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
“Energetic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Attended a few years ago and enjoyed the participating experience. Dancers and troupe are so energetic and talented. Quite an experience.

Visited November 2012

Lexington, Massachusetts
201 attraction reviews
“ANOTHER CULTURAL SHOW”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is one of the more elaborate cultural shows in ARUBA and is somewhat worhwhile seeing but, as with the BON BINI presentation, you are much better off attending CARNAVAL because all of these shows are designed to give you a taste of CARNAVAL. By al means, if you cannot attend CARNAVAL then atend this show to get a taste of it.

Visited March 2012
Tucson
14 attraction reviews
“Its Closed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Based on the Trip Advisor reviews we went to buy tickets for Lets Go Latin today (5-11-12) and were told it has shut down, aparrently permanently as they have put a movie theater in the Crystal Theater.

Visited May 2012
Buckinghamshire
3 attraction reviews
“Very entertaining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We went the first year we visited Aruba. Good show with vibrant costumes. Only downside, drinks were very expensive.

Visited July 2011
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend the dinner and show package”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2006

The live show runs from Mon-Sat. at 9pm. Closed on Sundays.

The theatre is circular in shape and has graduated flooring, so you don't have people's head in front of you blocking your view. Seats were comfortable, and there was ample leg room. It is air-conditioned so bring a sweater if you are wearing skirt/dress or wear pants. Dress code was semi casual. You can buy basic drinks before entering the theatre.

Tip 1: In the Renaissance Mall information area, there are $4/$5 off coupons off the regular prices.

Tip 2: If you decide to go to the show, the dinner/show package is the way to go. I find its the best deal. I had a $5 off pp coupon for the package. So there was some savings there, plus no charge for my 3 year old.

Tip 3: The theatre is open seating, which means first come first served. Guests start lining up around 8:15pm, doors open at 8:30pm. So if you want to choose your seating arrive accordingly.

Tip 4: When making your dinner time reservations. Remember tip #3 and choose your dining time accordingly.

There are two restaurants at the Renaissance Hotel to choose from. The Aquarius which is a Seafood restaurant that serves a buffet ($75USD/pp) and L.G. Smith Steakhouse which serves a 3-course fixed menu ($89USD/pp). Prices include the meal, 15%service charge, the Latin show, $5 Free Play card for the casino, and a complimentary pass to see the Aruba Panorama movie which is normally a $10 charge (Latin Show only: Adults $45 USD. Children from 5-12y $22USD). If you have a coupon, minus $4/$5 from the above prices.

I went with my husband, dad and 3 year old (gave her a late nap to stay up and she loved it!). My husband and I enjoyed the show. Costumes were carnival-like and colourful. Singing was in english, and various latin languages. Women dancers were tastefully covered on top and had thong bottoms. My dad said it was pretty good. A smaller scaled Las Vegas show with song/dance/acrobatics. All the dancers and singers are professionals. The lighting and sound were fine. Instrumental music is pre-recorded, no live band. The male singer sounded like Marc Anthony/Desi Arnez-like and interacted with the audience.

We chose to eat at the L.G. Smith restaurant. The window view is wonderful. You can see the ocean, cruise ships, various fishing boats, and sunset. There were 3 choices to choose from for your appetizer(caesar salad, fried calamari, or seafood creviche), main entree(steak, chicken, fish or surf and turf) and dessert (carrot cake, haagendaz icecream, or creme brulee). My husband started with the fried calamari and my dad and I had the seafood creviche. Delicious! We all had the surf and turf. It came with steak fries and vegetables. Our 3 year old ate the steak fries while she made use of her crayons and paper that the restaurant provided. Service was excellent. Everything was cooked appropriately. For dessert, my husband had the carrot cake, he said it was a little dry for his liking, but still tasty. My dad and I had the creme brulee. It had a yummy hard caramel coating and a creamy custard centre.

Portions for each course were perfect. You were able to enjoy each course without filling up on the bread basket, or feel the need to supersize the portions. Let's face it, do we really need oversized meals? We chose a bottle of Australian Chardonny and my dad order a bottomless cup of coffee. So, we paid an additional $26.75 (drinks are not included in the package). We looked at the posted a la carte menu after we left. We definitely received our monies worth.

For the dinner atmosphere and food, live show, movie, and casino card, we all had an entertaining evening.