“Great Frank Sinatra show, restaurant experience was lacking.” 4 of 5 stars

+297 594 1098
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant (Palm Beach 150) Experience beautifully composed, orchestrated, and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics made famous by singers like Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Harry Connick, Jr. And others sung by Aruban vocalist Fred de Jong and gave an enchanting evening. This show will provide you with a taste of Aruban native hospitality and an atmosphere that is enchanting, cozy, and romantic. Order local food and delicious drinks while watching the Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show or ask for a dinner special. The dinner show with live entertainment is held every Thursday from 7:30 - 10:00 pm. Ticket is only $15.00 For persons from 13 years up and $7.50 For children of 12 years and younger (Food & drinks, transportation, gratuities not included). This Show gives you an excellent opportunity to explore the local Aruban food and ambience. Enjoy an enchanting Sinatra Show featuring Fred de Jong with songs such as "Fly Me To The Moon", "I've Got The World On A String", "I've Got You Under My Skin", "My Way", "New York - New York", "The Way You Look Tonight" and many more... What is an Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show experience like? The show is set at a traditional Aruba restaurant in a separate area with capacity for 40 people divided over about 15 tables. The food is native Aruba cuisine which has been influenced by colonial Spanish, French, and Dutch cuisine and is served in a 150 year old refurbished farm house. The dress is casual evening attire. The restaurants is old style where orders are taken on paper not computers. My goal is to provide our guest with an intimate setting where our guest can relax and interact with me instead of a large impersonal Las Vegas style show room. I have selected beautiful and romantic arrangements that are pre-recorded. This gives the feel of an big band / Orchestra but allows me to offer the show at a much lower cost. I do not try to mimic the commercial recordings of Sinatra but instead offer my interpretation of Franks relaxed and informal live style. The show is about 2 1/2 hours which gives you time to order and enjoy your food and drinks during the show without arriving early. The food is coursed over the evening as is typical in European restaurants where dining is an experience not just a meal. I think the music of the great American Songbook is special and worth preserving. Come let me share it with you in a special evening off the strip.
“Great Frank Sinatra show, restaurant experience was lacking.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We enjoyed Fred's Sinatra show, he does all the favorite songs mixed with some lesser known ones. He is engaging with the audience. This is a unique experience for Aruba. What my husband and I did not care for was the extremely slow and unattentive service at the Cunucu house restaurant. It took us nearly 15 min to get glasses of water and bread was not given for nearly 40 min (as I was 25wks pregnant that was not fun). Food service continued to be slow throughout the entire meal/show. The food was decent. The restaurant does have a lot of character as it was a farm house, we just wish the service lived up to the Sinatra show.

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear guest,

My deepest apologies for your restaurant experience and thank you for your kind words about the show. It was very nice that you attended our show with your mistery guest. He or she already enjoyed all the Sinatra songs before being born :)

Thanks for your feedback both the ones for improvement and the positive ones.

I hope to see you beck one time in better culinary circumstances and with a newly born baby.

Albany, New York
“Relaxing and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Mr DeJonge provides a solid alternative to the usual island night activities. Friendly, intimate atmosphere and quality singing. Don't expect American Idol, but, hey for 15 bucks you can't go wrong. One small suggestion , lower volume slightly, too much for small room. Thanks for a good night Fred!

Visited March 2013
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It is nice to read your kind words about the solidness, atmosphere and quality of the show and the singing. Also thank you for relativate the quality with the price.

Also thank you for your suggestion. If there is something I can improve in the show, I will at least give it a try.

Thanks again and I hope to see you again next time you visit Aruba.

Best regards,
London, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“An excellent tribute to the great crooner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Fred De Jong does a great job singing a long series of Sinatra songs, with a few by Buble and Connick thrown in to round it out. We bought our tickets online in advance, and dutifully showed up early for supper before the show.
Sadly, the dinner portion was mediocre and the service shoddy, but the show was fantastic and made up for the lacklustre meal.
Fred knows all the old Sinatra tunes and his booming baritone voice does a wonderful job bringing us back to the olden days.
Thanks for a great Sinatra evening!

Visited March 2013
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your loving words about the show and my deepest apologies for any inconvenience on behalf of the restaurant. The restaurant is in the process of restructuring their organization and the management and staff are doing their utmost best to improve what needs to be improved. Last Thursday I felt a lot of love in one room and reviews like this one are a reflection of that love. And loving also means to be honest about your opinion and I am sure if you didn't care about the show you wouldn't take this effort to tell us. My intentions are to become the best possible Dinner Show we can become and I still have faith in the loving team from the restaurant to accomplish great things.

I'd like to thank you once again and I hope to see you back soon in better culinary circumstances.

In loving appreciation,
Irwin, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
“Fun! with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

On an island full of great food, entertainment for evening has been lacking. This was a very nice surprise. Fred is not only very good at entertaining you, he will become a friend of yours during the show. The food choices are almost as good as "Frank"s" song selection. Give this a try and you will be recommending it to someone you know too.

Visited March 2013
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear guests,

I am honored and happy to hear that our show seems to fill up a gap in entertainment on Aruba. And your review sounds almost like a beautiful poem or song my friends. Thank you for your beautiful review and for recommending the show in a special way.

Special regards,
Aruba
“All Blue eyes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We met Fred some weeks ago privately ,practising for his weekly Frank Sinatrashow and we were impresed by his enthousiasm while trying out some new songs with a new mike.Last week we attended his performance at the Old Cunucu House.We enjoyed his show although it was sometimes a bit difficult to have a good conversation while enjoying our dinner because the balance in the music was not yet quite correct.The food was nice and we were attended to very friendly by the personnel.We enjoyed the imitation Frank Sinatra with a good voice and above all a great charism.He deserves a better stage in a bigger place with a soundassistent in our opinion

Visited March 2013
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear guest,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the show. Although the music is not purely intended for back ground purposes, every evening I ask the people who are the closest to the sound installation if the sound and volume are alright. Unfortunately you were not the closest this time, so I am very sorry if this time I didn't succeed to find the perfect balance, but indeed a sound assistant might be very helpful at times. The management and staff will be very happy to hear this positive feedback about the food and service, because they are working very hard on improvements these days. Thank you very much for your comments about my voice, charisma and how my future show should look like and grow.

Yours truly,