“Jim&Debbie” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 74 Activities in Oranjestad
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: 1. Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant (Palm Beach 150) 2. Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at Bavaria German Restaurant (Palm Beach 186 # 3, between Wendy's and KFC) Experience beautifully composed, orchestrated, and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics made famous by singers like Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Harry Connick, Jr. And others sung by Aruban vocalist Fred de Jong. Dinner Show 1 (Now available) The Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant will give you a taste of Aruban native hospitality and an atmosphere that is enchanting, cozy, and romantic. Order local food and delicious drinks while watching the Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show or ask for a dinner special. The dinner show with live entertainment is held every Thursday from 7:30 - 10:00 pm. Ticket is only $15.00 For persons from 13 years up and $7.50 For children of 12 years and younger (Food & drinks, transportation, gratuities not included). This Show gives you an excellent opportunity to explore the local Aruban food and ambience. Dinner Show 2 (available starting Aug 17, 2014): At The Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at Bavaria German Restaurant you can order from a special Sinatra Menu while watching the Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show. The Dinner Show with live entertainment takes place every Sunday from 7:30 till 10:00 pm. The Show Tickets are only $15.00 Per persons from 13 years up and $7.50 For children of 12 years and younger (Food & drinks, transportation, gratuities not included). This Show gives you an excellent opportunity to explore the German Kitchen and hospitality. Listen to a number of your favorite romantic songs such as "All Or Nothing At All", "Angel Eyes", "Come Rain, Or Shine", "Fly Me To The Moon", "For Once In My Life", "Girl From Ipanema", "Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry", "I Concentrate On You", "I'm Gonna Live Until I Die", "It Had To Be You", "It Was A Very Good Year", "I've Got The World On A String", "I've Got You Under My Skin", "Learning The Blues", "Love's Been Good To Me", "Love And Marriage", "Luck Be A Lady", "My Way", "New York - New York", "Night And Day", "One For My Baby", "Pennies From Heaven", "Softly As I Leave You", "The Way You Look To Night", "What Now My Love", "Witchcraft", "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life", "You Make Me Feel So Young" and many more...
S
“Jim&Debbie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Restaurant staff made us feel welcome along with a personal greeting from our performer, Fred de Jong. His tribute to Sinatra is sincere, from the heart and very well done. Fred performed a large number of Frank's hits and allowed the "Sinatra style" to come through without trying to embelish the music. I think Sinatra would have been well pleased with his performance!

Visited November 2012
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this short but great review. The fact that you say you felt welcome, the sincere tribute from the heart and well done, says a lot and mean much to me. And indeed I try to keep the style as is a much as possible. And Iove to to think that Sinatra would have been well pleased with his performance, but we will never know!

I hope to see you back in the show soon with some more surprises and may be different songs for you.

Musical greetings,

Nutley, NJ
13 attraction reviews
“No longer "Strangers In The Night" :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

What a terrific show, thanks to Fred de Jong, "Old Blues Eyes" of Aruba.

We will never forget your persoanlized attention and memorable eveing of Sinatra songs. Fred, you are amazing. Your show was terrific, only surpassed by your awesome and caring personality. We may have started the evening as strangers, but now we will remain friends forever!!!

You helped keep the surprise and make the evening a complete success.

Fred de Jong, "Frank Sinatra", at the Old Cunucu House is a must.

God bless you with much success and happiness, always!!!

Visited November 2012
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear guest,

Wow, what a title "Old Blues Eyes" of Aruba.

And it makes me very happy how you have appreciated my attention and the memorable evening. I remember how we wrote each-other that we were both looking forward to that evening and especially because of the fact that is was a surprise for your wife and the sister. Thank you for your very impressive and touching review. Peter, we will absolutely remain friends forever!!!

Also many thanks for your clear recommendation of the show and the restaurant. We all appreciate this very much.

Blessed and happy regards,
Willemstad, null, Netherlands Antilles
“good dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

great food and service and food and excellect things everywhere that we like to eat becafuse oof their seak cheese ribs french fries etc

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Frank Sinatra!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

In one word amazing! I really have enjoyed the show that was performed by Fred de Jong!!
I was afraid that the show was not for younger people but i was wrong! I wil recommend this evening to everone. Great food and à great show at the old cunucu house!!

Voor de Nederlanders onder ons. Dit moet je niet missen als je een echte frank sinatra fan bent!!
Super lekker eten en een geweldige sfeervolle show! Dit wil je niet missen!!

Visited October 2012
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear miss,

Thank you for you very nice review, the fact that you found it amazing and that you enjoyed the show so much! Music really is ageless and you can see it in classical music as well in the music I perform, which can be starting from over one hundred (100) years old till twenty (20) to (30) years ago. But a lot of times you don't even notice this in the really timeless songs and lyrics. (You make me feel so young!)

Thank you very much for recommending our show and the Old Cunucu House Restaurant to everyone and I hope to see you back soon!

All the Best,
Long Island City, New York
“"very personable"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed speaking with Fred de Jong before, during, and after the show. He is a very nice guy. I'm a real Sinatra fan, thus I enjoyed the show more than my husband, who thought the singing was weak. The food at the Old Cunucu House wasn't the greatest and the service was really lacking - we can't recommend going there.

Visited October 2012
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your honest, thought-out and well-advised review. I always try to give the best I got in my shows, but you can weaken easily if you don't watch out what you are doing and stay conscience and focussed. I always try to maintain my skills by taking special lessons, listen to music, make recordings and ask for opinions.

I'm very happy you liked me as a person and you as a real Sinatra fan enjoyed the show. And of course I am well aware that I can't please everybody and I'm very sorry your husband didn't enjoy the show as much as you did.

The restaurant is not my responsibilty, but I feel very much responsible for the well-being of my guest in the show, I am sure your review will be an extra motivation for The Old Cunucu House to improve their food and the service at any time where and when possible with any resources available.

We feel very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. We hope you will contact us next time you are in Aruba so we can make sure you will have a positive memorable time in our show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant. Please contact us at fred@freddejong.com

Musical and Culinary Regards,