“Tried to make a reservation - they accepted and cancelled.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Happy Divers Aruba!Aruba, known for its beautiful waters and marine life, offers some of the best dive spots in the world.scuba diving in aruba, dutch caribbeanWhether you just want to try diving once, you want to become a qualified diver or you already are a certified diver and you just want to continue diving… Aruba is a great place for all of that and Happy Divers Aruba can offer you the personal attention and quality to make your dive experience in Aruba a great one!Happy Divers Aruba prides itself in offering that personal attention that other dive companies often forget. Tell us what you want to get out of your dive experience in Aruba and we make sure you will get the amount of attention you need!We only dive in small groups and can even offer private dives at no additional charge!We offer the following dive courses: Discover Scuba Diving (DSD): a first try dive for anyone who wants an introduction to scuba diving or isn’t certified (yet). Open Water Diver Advanced Open Water Diver Rescue Diver + Emergency First Response Divemaster Dive specialties on requestHappy Divers Aruba offers dive courses from both PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors) and SSI (Scuba Schools International).English and Dutch is spoken.Don’t wait and become a HAPPY DIVER!Contact us for more information or to book your dive trips & courses
Charlotte, NC
4 attraction reviews
“Tried to make a reservation - they accepted and cancelled.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

They claimed not to understand the reservation. They ended up canceling my reservation the day before I set out on my cruise so I had almost no time to reschedule. Make sure you are actually getting a reservation from them and not some illusory false promise. If you don't fit into the group size they want or they can get a fuller trip by dropping you and adding other people then watch out.

Visited March 2013
JeffreyKost, Owner at Happy Divers Aruba, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I regret to see this review.

It did not went that way.

When someone is asking for information on a divetrip , I reply with the detailed infomation and ask to confirm or letting me know if it is ok.

I did not here anything anymore from this gentleman for 10days and got a response 1 or 2 days before.

I ve replied with an email that I was fully booked (Not to get more people or a better deal.)

If somebody confirms a trip , its a deal. No matter what.

I regret I did not get a direct mail with the complain, so I could react discrete and professional.

I even send an email back with another option to dive with.

Hope this clears out the so called misunderstanding.

Will get more clear about confirmations in my future emails

Regards,

Jeffrey Kost
Happy Divers Aruba

Old Bridge, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Best dives I ever had in my whole life !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I dove two dives with Jeff in early March 2013. What an OUTSTANDING Instructor, Dive Master and Guide. He is very patient, attentive and safety conscious. He insures all his students and guests have a fantastic dive experience THEN he sends pictures to you from your own personal dive. If you want to take a Discover Scuba Adventure, get Certified or just dive with the BEST......definately go with Jeff at www.Happydiversaruba.com.

Visited March 2013
Budd Lake, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“Overall great dive sites, good guy, best to maximize dive time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Jeff was thorough and responsive on emails and getting the arrangements set up. He picked us up and returned us to our hotel each day (high rise) which was a big plus considering the dive boat is past the area where the cruise ships come in.

Pros:
Great Dive Sites - good variety. We saw a wide range of aquatic life on our 3 dives that we did with Jeff -- including 6-8 sea turtles on the one dive which both my wife and I found pretty awesome.
Knowledgeable boat operator and toilet on boat (don't laugh some of the small boats don't have this)
Able to set tanks to 500 PSI for safety stop which maximizes bottom time -- another outfit we were with we ended dives with over 1000 PSI still in our tanks on more than one dive. When you are paying $50-60/dive*2 per person and losing 1/2 a day for 2 dives you definitely want to maximize your time and Happy Divers strives for maximizing the dive which was much appreciated.
Some Nitrox Availability
Happy Divers while sharing a boat with another outfit does not focus on having large groups. This is good that you aren't bogged down by a crazy mess should the outfit be doing certifications, beginner divers and intermediate divers. We were with another operator where one of the couples took 5 minutes each dive to do the descent (to 30-40ft). After the 2nd dive this got a bit old sitting at the bottom and watching the air tick down. Same situation with the other operator we had 1200 PSI and the other pair burned down to 200 PSI at EDT on 2 dives so it was almost like doing 1/2 tank dives -- not a great scenario (so definitely a PRO point for Happy Divers)

Cons:
While great dive sites you don't have much say in where the boat goes.
The best sites are on the rough waters so if you get sea sick you might want to take a dramamine (sea sick) pill before going out -- my wife got sick (I do not)

I would certainly use Jeff's services again and recommend as Jeff is a stand up guy -- if I did it over I think I would have booked one day up front doing easy dive sites - site specific diving in the calm water (not having any dives under our belt other than the open water certification dives) elsewhere and stacked 3 days (2 tank dives each day) with Jeff as his dives where definitely better scenery and more bottom time but we could have used 1-2 days of easy (calm) dives working on the fundamentals (safety stop/buoyancy/gear familiarity) before going out with Jeff to make life easier on getting the fundamentals down pat better.

Visited February 2013
The Hague
13 attraction reviews
“My Favorite Dive instructor!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I did my PADI Rescue Diver with Happy Divers. All the classes were very clear and fun to do. There is a really good combination between learning and fun times! Everything was very professional and I felt safe with all the excersises I had to do.

I would like to come back to Aruba to continue my Dive Master with Happy Divers.

If you want to get your PADI or expererience diving for the first time I really recommend you to go to Happy Divers!

It will garantee you Safety, New Experiences, a very professional and certified Dive Instructor and most important: FUN!!

Also, the prices are very honest!!

Rochelle Park, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“A great time with Jeffrey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I came to Aruba for our anniversary and I booked Happy Divers via e-mail through Jeffrey. We had a little confusion about the date we were coming to the island and when I would be diving, but it was completely settled prior to our arrival. Jeffrey picked me up at the hotel right on time for both days of diving. He was a pleasure to deal with and dive with. The first day, I was taken out by one of his female dive instructors and she was wonderful! We did two reef dives and had a blast. My second day of diving was with Jeffrey and two other divers. We dove on the Jane Sea wreck and had another great time. Jeffrey is all about personal intimate diving and service. His rental equipment is new and in great shape. He rents space on the dive boat, which never had more than 10 people onboard. The dive masters never had more than four divers on either day of diving. If you are going to dive in Aruba, Jeffrey is the person to book your diving with!! Service is his number one priority and making sure you have a great time is a must. Jeffrey sent me some pictures of the dive, which he had some trouble getting to me, but that did not deter him from making sure that I did in fact did get them!!! I can’t wait to go back to Aruba and dive with him again!! Thanks for everything Jeff and I can’t wait to see you again soon!!
Peter V