“Divi Dutch Village ” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Juancho E. Irausquin Blvd 93, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oranjestad
“Divi Dutch Village ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

There's no section for one of the many divis in aruba- divi dutch village. It's one of the oldest resorts within all the dutch villages. First off let me say people are way too harsh with this resort. I'm a 16 year old female. I noticed a lot of people writing the reviews are older so I wanted to give it from a teenagers perspective. I had the most amazing time. Divi dutch is perfect because it's very quiet, although they close the pool at 10 the hot tub is open all night. Thankfully it was right behind my room. The room was always cold, and clean. The maids came in I think 4 times during our 7 day stay (including arrival and departure day) which is pretty good. The only thing bad I have to say about the resort is you have to go on a hunt for the towels, they're just in a big blue bucket that gets rolled around the resort. Whichever divi you stay you have access to all. If you keep walking from divi dutch left or right there will be 2 pools on one side and 1 on the other. In all we barely used the pool but it was nice. The bar is kind of annoying, you can't pay upfront you have to charge it to the room. It's very quite too. We loved taking the tram over to casa del mar because they had a nicer beach and amazing bar called micheals. We went there everyday. But divi dutch was always nice to come back and relax in the hot tub quietly or to sleep. If your looking for night life I'm not sure if this is the resort for you- maybe tamarin. Tamarin was a 2 minute walk and we loved ordering the Mexican fries! A lot of people complain ahoy having to check in at the divi resort golf but it's not that big of a deal. We only went there the day we came and left to get/give the house cards. Our room had 2 floors and 3 bathrooms. The beds are so uncomfortable haha but nothing that you can't handle. Everything's clean and very spacious. We had a minor problem, we had all kitchen wear for a family of 4 when there was 6 of us, but it got fixed right away. The vacation was amazing as well as divi dutch! Loved going to the quiet beach in the morning and tanning. Barely anyone is there. The water isn't as clear and the casa del mar beach for some reason but it's still warm and beautiful. All in all great resorts only about 1 complaint- the towels. I recommend it and would go again!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Kaaybaay

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The Location of The Divi Resorts Aruba is great. It isn't in the high-rise section but is in a quieter location. It isn't cramped with people like in the high-rise area. It is 10 minutes from the downtown area and where the cruise ships dock. If you rent a car at hertz in the lobby, you can drive most of the island in about 45 minutes. If you have a chance, you should visit Baby Beach, a great snorkeling location with calm water. There is a couple of other beaches that you should also visit, such as Arashi Beach and Eagle Beach if you're into water-sports.

The Beach at Divi is incredible! White Sand, turquoise-blue water, plenty of chairs and huts. There is no need to wake up early like at other resorts to save chairs for the day. There is always chairs available. We also went on the water raft which was really fun! The Beach at Divi is rated the worlds 2nd nicest beach! The water was a little wavy the first couple of days, but got calmer the last couple of days. I was very dissapointed to see that there were many rocks in the water. You cold barely walk in the water because of the rocks. Overall, the beach was excellent.

The Links golf course was really nice! If you are staying all inclusive, make sure to golf after 3pm because golf is free. The Pro shop was also very nice.

All of the restaurants were very good and we didn't really have any issues with the food. The buffet at the tamarjin was good but not as nice as the buffet at the Divi All Inclusive, PELICAN Terrace. Newly renovated and great food. Ginger, the asian restaurant at the tamarjin was also one of our favourites. Mulligan's, our personal favourite is where we spent most of our mornings. They have great omelettes and waffles. It overlooks the Golf Course and Ocean. Lunch and Supper at Mulligan's was also very good.The Red Parrot, is a fantastic seafood restaurant.

The bars at Divi are very nice and you can have any drink you want. The bartenders aren't always as friendly as you would like them to be though. Our favourite bar would have to definitely be the one at Mulligan's. They had most liquors and the people there were really nice. Sandpiper bar on the beach was also one of our favourites. They also have hamburgers and hotdogs. The infinity pool also had a swim up bar.

The Resort was very clean, just like the entire island. The only issue was the restrooms. The restroom beside the Sea Breeze Restaurant wasn't clean and it was vey small. A few other restrooms around the resort weren't very clean either. The cleanest restrooms were at the Divi All Inclusive lobby. Overall a very clean hotel.

Ask to stay in a room facing the infinity pool/golf course. They are the newest rooms.
If you are staying at the Divi Golf Resort, the free wifi code is: divedivi

Room Tip: Make Sure To Say In a Room Facing the Golf Course/Infinity Pool, they are the newest rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Greg S
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed at the Divi Links Resort in a 1 bedroom unit via our RCI timeshare trade from July 26th - August 2nd. Stayed in a pool side room (#2106) on the ground level. We had zero or very little outside noise during the day time hours. My husband golfed 3 times and said the course was clean and well maintained. They have a very nice Pro Shop and Calloway clubs available for rent. The unit had 2 full bathrooms (1 with a bath tub). We shopped for a few breakfast & snack items at Ling & Sons, and had everything we needed as far as kitchen appliances, utensils etc. Rented a car from Alamo and easily got from the airport and around the island during our visit. We ate at Mulligan's for breakfast twice and lunch once. Both times the good and service were good. Iguana Joe's has excellent ribs for lunch or dinner. We had dinner at Windows one night, and the food & service were both very good (didn't need a reservation). The swimming pool is nice, but needs a little maintenance. I swam every morning for an hour or two and noticed a lot of missing tiles and mortar. The RESORT IS NOT ON THE BEACH, but across the street which was just fine. I would stay here again and would call far in advance to get a more specific room location. The staff was very good and we couldn't have asked for better service.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool have very good insulation and zero outside noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Played TDS on Monday, and this course two days later. I shot the same score at both (85), but didn't feel like I'd fought a war after the Divi round. The winds at Divi are about 1/10 of what they are at TDS. And that makes a huge difference in terms of playability. While it's only 9 holes compared to TDS' 18, Divi does an outstanding, indeed far superior, job of presenting and maintaining their 9 as opposed to a marginal 18. And it's cheaper. The views at Divi are not as nice as TDS, but the grounds are vastly better maintained. Indeed, there were groundskeepers working on every hole I played, and I played 9 twice. But they all recognized I was there, shut off their mowers, trimmers, etc, for my shot, and one even gave me a useful tip for where to aim on a slightly blind tee shot on #8 (the left bunker).

The greens rolled flat and true, but are very small. And the rough around the greens is very tough. On a windy course, that's going to run up scores. There's also a fair amount of water on the course (4, about 250 out on the right; 5, to the right of the tee, 6 to the left of the tee and requiring a long carry into the wind from the tips, 8 river to the left of the fairway, and 9 basically everywhere). A course map would have been nice, or perhaps a yardage book.

Play was quick as the course was about empty. The restaurant off the 9th is very nice but not set up for golfers playing 18. There's no way to order ahead and no grab and go food. No cart girl, either, though there is a mid course drink station at the intersection of holes 4, 6, and 7. I didn't partake of that, however, as it didn't look like anyone was in there. I also probably could have played 36 holes as there was no obvious starter anywhere near the first tee.

The driving range is a netted in cage with AstroTurf mats. $1 for 25 balls. The cars are gas, and noisy, but fast enough. There are iguanas everywhere, and they seem to relish playing chicken with the cart. There's also an owl. Bring a camera of some sort. The course is enclosed by several roads and condos, so it's a little noisy. It was clearly squeezed into the space, but I'm glad they did. The iced towel at the end of the round is a nice touch.

If I ever return to Aruba, and I hope I will, I will definitely play here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Got upgraded from a studio to a one bedroom suite.
Had full kitchen, two full brash, living room, dining area and large bed room. The room had two patios which was nice to use. The main pool was very big with a swim up bar. Plenty of lounge chairs, water slide and fountain.this was of the nicest Divi resorts we aside at.
The others were good but this was a lot better.
People made this more enjoyable. Golf carts took you around, beach was short walk across the street. Had more than three pools to choose from. This was just a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carmen C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I have been to Aruba over 30 times and owners at The Divi Resort for 22 years. We are consistently happy with the upkeep, upgrades, staff, and improvements. We are situated on a golf course with incredible pools scattered throughout the resort and a short walk to the ocean and spectacular beach. Our children, our friends, our family join us year after year to enjoy the facility, the ambiance, and the incredible weather. If ever I have a question or concern it is addressed immediately. Staff and management remember you from one year to the next and what I appreciate is that the employees are there year after year. I feel safe, I feel relaxed, and I am happy from the minute I arrive until the minute I leave five weeks later. It is like home!

Room Tip: Depending if you want pool view, golf course, ocean, or gardens...be sure to ask for what you prefer...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ShiskaSharon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I stayed at the Divi Village Golf and Beach resort with 6 others from April 26th - May 4th. It was a great condo style hotel in the low-rise district. Three of us stayed in a one bedroom suite. It had one private bedroom and bath and a pull out couch with another bathroom in the large living area. There was a full kitchenette, including an ice maker in the full size fridge. There was also a washer and dryer even though we didn't use it. We walked to Ling and Sons grocery store even though we were all inclusive. It was nice to get snack food as there wasn't a huge election on site. We took a cab ride back with the bags which costed around $9.

Not a whole bunch for entertainment if that's something you enjoy. When we felt like doing that we went to the Tam.

Mulligans was the open air restaurant right on the golf course. Absolutely fantastic. Ate almost every breakfast and lunch there. Great service and top notch drinks!! The pool side restaurant was great also. Had fast service and great snack type food. We also ate suppers at Ginger, Red Parrot, Papparazzi and Palm Grill. They all had amazing food and service except for the Palm Grill. The service was something to be desired, ignorant would best describe it. And the cleanliness is left a mystery. We were given a tray of sauces for our table which we all double dipped our forks and food in, we are all friends. I then watched our waiter pick it up off our table and carry it over to the table of guests beside us. I got up immediately and informed them of the fact that we all had our dirty forks in it. Only time and place the whole trip we did not leave a tip.

Did one round of golf, beautiful course. It was nice to see just how big the resort was from those different angles. It's huge. We called from the room when ready and a golf cart picked us up. It took you to any of the divi properties. With the all inclusive package we got to dine at all the divi properties. We did the divi aruba and the tamarajin.

The beach was across the street, a 5 minute walk from our room. Nothing to cry about. Beach was beautiful but we are more of pool people. The pool was very large with a small waterside. There was also a large hot tub. We picked the resort for two main reasons; the fact that if you stayed here you could play at all divi's and it was the only one with a swim up bar. That turned out to be a complete joke. Big, beautiful space and zero service. Sometimes we sat at the pool side of the bar or stood on the other side and were ignored for 15 minutes at a time. That being said we were usually the only ones there. The staff would pretend not to see us as me they were standing right there. Even leaving a tip didn't bring better or friendlier service. When you did get service, it was without a smile!! You always felt like you were bothering someone.

As for Aruba itself, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. The water was ice blue, something no picture seemed to capture. It was very clean and the people were friendly.

We took a driftwood chartered fishing boat. It was a nice boat with great service. The waters were beyond rough and they ended up bringing us in early at our request as there were a few that were getting sea sick. The fishing was not great, we only caught 2 and they were nothing to write home about. We also did the Aruba sunrise tours which was a sunrise side by side tour. It was a great experience. Arias picked us up right at our hotel and brought us back. No lunch or drinks provided but you could bring your own. He was. Great tour guide!!

All in all aruba was a great vacation and I would defiantly go back to the divi village.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Molson13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#3 of 8 in Oranjestad
4.0 of 5 stars 1,974 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino
Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellari...
#7 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 4,332 reviews
Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort
Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclu...
#22 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 4,183 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#16 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,606 reviews
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

Been to Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!