the front desk i felt lacked some type of knowledge of questions (and i dont mean caribbean attitude of taking ur time slow). i sadly cant say the what happened since it happened earlier this yr. but i cant hold it against them bc they were at least courteous.
the bar/restaurant that overlooks the pool is nice. the bartenders were very nice. my only complaint was that they left the side garnishes (maraschino cherries, oranges, lemons.. etc) open and i noticed a bird pecking at the juice of the cherries. i couldnt help but laugh, needless to say i told them no cherries in my pina colada. ahaha
the room was spacious, nice, & clean. the only downside was our room was on the main floor (which wasn't the prb). the prb was stepping outside onto our patio u would get eaten alive by mosquitoes. yes, its common, i get that, but i would thinnk as a reputable establishment, they would spray mosquito repellant around the compound.
it also included a kitchen. which luckily they were 2 big supermarkets near the hotel - 10 min walk?
reading from a previous post, they mentioned that the beach was across the highway. as a NYC girl, i was expecting a busy rd. ...not even close, its rare u even see a car passing by!! tho if u do see cars, the drivers r very pedestrian friendly.
overall i would come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad