“Romantic getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Oranjestad
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Romantic getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great resort! Clean and family friendly resort. Great pools and towel service. Great rooms and fair pricing although the all inclusive seemed a little high. We had a wonderful vacation and would totally stay there again! The only suggestion is that the staff know more of the restaurants. We had trouble finding a few and the staff didn't know where they were or how to get there. I highly suggest the jeep tours and caves! Amazingly beautiful beaches and AWSOME locals!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

974 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort from 3/16-3/22. I am a owner at the Divi Phoenix, however, we were not able to stay at the Phoenix anytime in March as they were fully booked. I was able to exchange my regular week in November for a week at the Divi Village Golf with no probelm. My overall impression of the resort was positive. It was hard not comparing my home resort, the Divi Phoenix, to this resort. I would say that both Divis have its pros and cons.
I found check in to be very easy and the front desk people to be very helpful and accomodating. Since I am an RCI Platinum member, I was uprgraded to a very large 1 bedroom right in front of the infinity pool. (Room # 4108). We were very impressed with the spaciousness of the room and two very large bathrooms which were perfect as we had 4 females in our group. The room had a fully supplied kitchen and dining area and sitting area. We also had 2 very large patios off our unit which was perfect for just running out to the pool early in the morning. I was also very impressed with the surround sound from the stereo. We don't have that at the Divi Phoenix.
Housekeeping was always prompt with clean towels and changing of the trash. We also received a mid-week clean which worked out just fine. The room was in good shape, however, both bathrooms need a good make over as the side of the master tub was falling off and there pieces of tile on the wall that needed to be repaired. Otherwise the room was just perfect and a perfect location.
The beach is across the street and for me is a negative after owning at the Phoenix and having the beach be just a few feet away. I have a feeling that many guests stay at the various pools during the day, however, I can go to a pool anytime, I was there for the beach. We would make the long trek from our unit across the street to the beach at around 8am every morning. We never had probelms finding palapas. There was also a very friendly Divi staff member there to help Divi guests locate palabas and bring lounge chairs over. We packed a small cooler every morning so that we wouldn't have to go back and forth across the street to our unit to get food and drinks. Also the Tamarijin and the Divi All Inclusive are right next door and you can use the bathroom facilities there. There are also bars at both resorts so one does not need to cross the street to go back to Divi Golf. A negative about this beach is that the Palapas are so far away from the water and are actually closer to the street. I much prefer the Divi Phoenix's beach.
We ate at Mulligans on the Divi Golf resort and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had amazing burgers, fries, onion rings and pizzas. I would highly recommend eating there. We wanted to try the Windows restaurant but never got around to it. One can do an all inclusive package if you want for around $100 per person per day. I find the price to be too high as we went to the grocery store and stocked up on breakfast and lunch food and ate dinner out every night. We are not big drinkers so the all inclusive package wouldn't have worked out for us. Plus, there are so many amazing restaurants on the island, I can't imagine being stuck at the resort all day every day.
We do not golf, however, I heard that the golf course is very good. They had a championship going on while we were there and everyone seemed to have a lot of fun.
All in all, I would suggest staying at the Divi Village Golf and Beach. I do prefer my home resort as it is smaller and right on the beach. The Divi Village would be a close second for me. The resort is perfect for families and couples. The nightlife is more in the High Rise area but it is very easy to get to via taxi or rental car. I would actually suggest renting a car versus a taxi as taxis have gotten very expensive. There is plenty of parking all over the island and Aruba is very driver friendly for Americans. The divi does offer a shuttle service to their other properties and the Alahambra casino area.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room right off the infinity pool. First floor units are great to walk out...
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We did an RCI exchange to the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, and enjoyed it very much. Having access to all of the Divi properties is a nice perk. The shuttle (large golf cart) ran frequently and was a good way to get around the resorts, and to the Casino and mall. It also took us within a block of the grocery stores, and was waiting for us when we returned loaded down with groceries, taking us right back to our room--great service. Check-in was slow and inefficient--we didn't get into our room until after the posted check-in time--annoying because we'd had a very long day of travel and really wanted to get in our room and get settled. On the positive side, we requested a rollaway bed once we got in our room, and it was delivered within 10 minutes of the request! The large infinity pool and waterslide was great for the grandkids. Just be aware that if you want lounges under one of the palapas, you'd better get out and get set up before 7:00 A.M. or you won't get one--they all get reserved VERY early! Our room (studio) was roomy enough for the 4 of us (wife/I and two teenage grandkids), and the kitchen was well equipped--good since we ate almost all of our meals in the room. Tennis courts were nice, and not crowded. We didn't try the golf (too expensive), but the course does look very nice, but LOTS of water! Not much in the way of evening entertainment, even though you have access to the entertainment at all of the Divi properties. Grandkids enjoyed going to the Donut Diner (in Mall by the Casino) for a donut and the free wireless--wireless at the resort is grossly overpriced! Beach is beautiful, but the constant strong wind blows the sand around a lot. Palapas are easier to get at the beach than at the pool. All in all, great weather, friendly staff, excellent service, and a good spot to vacation.

Room Tip: If you're planning on eating in for most of your meals (which we did), you might want to take a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
holbrook
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights here. We received an upgrade from a studio to a one bedroom suite as we had requested an upper floor corner unit and no studios were available. This was a pleasant surprise! The unit was clean and roomy and had a very nice balcony. The one downfall was being so close to the street and hearing a great deal of traffic until the wee hours of the morning. Pools and hot tub were clean. Loved the iguanas! The beach was my favorite part. So beautiful and uncrowded. We did have lunch and breakfast at the Divi Links Village - Mulligans which was pretty good and nice wait staff.

We have to agree with some other reviews that hotel staff weren't always accommodating to guests. Otherwise, we would most likely return but to stay in a room away from the street.

Room Tip: Request what floor and location you would prefer.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

returned 3/16/13 - I enjoyed Aruba very much - the beaches are beautiful. However, Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort I would not return to. After paying for a deluxe suite, the first room we were given had a musty smell and was not clean, dust and dirt on the floors and the bathroom was not clean. After complaining and being told they had no other rooms, the next day we were finally moved to a very nice room in the elevator building. I paid $100. for wifi which I needed for work and was only able to connect in the lobby which I found unacceptable since they advertised wifi through out the complex. I sent 2 reports to the IT department and never received a response. The service was basically nil except for 2 people at the front desk one being Lorraine and the other a very nice man ( I don't remember his name). However that was only on one shift. Many a day no one was at the front desk or 1 person with a line of 4-6 visitors. The service at Mulligans was awful. After sitting and waiting 20 minutes for someone to comeover to our table, we left. The pools did not have enough talapas for coverage in the sun and there were no services at the the pool The beach is on the other side of the and also not enough talapas and no services. If one wanted a drink you had to cross the street and go to the bar and bring back the drinks. This went for the pools and th beach.
On a plus side, the restaurants we ate at were fantastic - Windows on Aruba, Barefoot, Flying Fishbone and Screaming Eagle were all excllent including ambience and food. However these were not part of Divi (only Windows on Aruba was located on their property). I highly recommend all of them.

I would return to Aruba but never to Divi!

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We Loved our stay in Divi Village. We had two balconies and spent every moment we could outside on them when not on the beach or at one of the amazing 3 pools. We loved enjoying coffee, meals and just spending time together outside. The grounds are beautiful and the service from the frond desk and especially Gloria was just superb. The room could use a couple of updates, but hey. . . why would you want to spend so much time in the room. It's Aruba people, it's snowing up in Cincinnati and NY, go outside and enjoy the fabulous Amazing Weather.

Room Tip: Wonderful, peaceful, quiet, and grocery store not too far away, bus available for just a couple of b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and were at first not that impressed with the rooms but after we settled in I have to say I really liked them. They were a little worn, thats to be expected with the number of people sharing these unit thru the years. We had a unit on the second floor, it was cleaned daily. Someone wrote about the folks there and I have to say anyone I met young or old always had a smile on there face and a hello. The workers there always had a welcome greeting as well. The housekeeping staff did a great job daily, leaving them a $5 tip each day may have helped.
One drawback was that there in no elevator's, there is only 3 floors but when your 80 as was one of the folks traveling with us and they put her on the 3rd floor, it was a little tuff for her to get up and down the stairs.
The pools were very nice and cleaned daily. We spent most of our swim time at the golf course pool with a swim up bar.
We paid extra for the all inclusive package and found ourselves eating at Mulligan's 4 out of our 5 nights here. This is by far the best eatery we found. We had diner at the Red Parrot one night and 3 of the 4 steaks were well done when order med. rare, and the flavor was not tenderloin as order. The wait staff was great, one gentleman who lived back here in the states in Mass. for 17 years was a pleasure to talk with. The pizza and snacks from the 2 pool side bars were very good as well.
There are golf carts that bring you all around the Divi complex, as well as the casino.
If and when I go back to Aruba we will be staying here.

Room Tip: If you have problems climbing stairs, ask for a room on the 1st floor. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!