We stayed at the Divi Golf and Beach Resort in Aruba the second week in February and had a very good experience. We had a one Bedroom unit - Birdie 4 - overlooking the golf course. The unit was clean, well maintained and kept. The housekeeping staff changed out towels and emptied the trash every day and changed the sheets once during the week. Although there was a slight musty smell - I think this goes with the territory. We just opened the patio doors for awhile each day and that took care of it.
This resort is in the "low rise" area of Aruba - which was fantastic. The beach was uncrowded, it was easy to get a Palapa hut and we really enjoyed the non-stress nature of the place. We rented a car and found it quite easy to get around. There are well stocked grocery stores nearby and we loved going to different beaches. We did go to the high rise beach area one day and literally couldn't get out of there fast enough!
Pool chairs were hard to come by. People park their towels early and don't move them. The demographic at this place while we were there seemed to be retired people with a few traveling with their kids and grandchildren. We attended the welcome cocktail party and had to chuckle at how aggressive people get around free food and drinks. We moved away from the food serving area lest we were flattened!
We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this place to others.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.