The Divi Golf and Beach Resort (there are several DIvi properties in Aruba), is by far the best place I have stayed. It is not 5-star, but that is not what I seek, as that is not what makes a great vacation to me. The resort is clean and the staff are super friendly. The resort has several pools you can use some quieter than others, my favorite is the infinity pool complete with swim-up pool bar, water slide and volleyball net.
I have stayed in both a studio and a 1 bedroom unit. Both are up to date as far as furnishings, complete with granite counters, and washer/dryers in room. The resort is set up similar to an apartment complex, with several buildings situated around the pool or golf course. The buildings are either 2 or 3 story only.
There is a free shuttle service within the resort to take you around if you would like. It will take you to the pool, to the beach, to the casino, to the other DIvi Resorts, or to the edge of Divi property where you can then walk a very short distance to the grocery, and then back again. There are 5 Divi resorts in Aruba. Three of them border the Divi Golf and Beach Resort and the shuttle transfers guests anywhere around these 4 resorts.
The beach at the Divi Golf and Beach Resort is across the street and is a very large, clean beach. There are chaise lounge chairs that you can place anywhere you want, there is plenty of space to spread out. The water is clear and aqua, great for swimming and floating. The sand is soft and white.
There are 3 restaurants on site, "Mulligans", "Windows on Aruba" and the "Sea Breeze Cafe", along with a beach-side bar, "Jimmy's". Mulligans is pub style dining, while Windows on Aruba is more upscale dining, both have views of the golf course, The Sea Breeze Cafe is poolside and open-air dining.
The resort is quiet and laid back, with karaoke in the pub. You can walk or take the shuttle over to one of the other Divi resorts for some live music beachside in the evening.
This resort is in the Low rise section of the island and is much less crowded and much quieter than the High rise section. Most of the restaurants are located north in the High Rise area so you must take a cab or the city shuttle bus to get to them, along with the downtown area south. Most people seem to use the city shuttle, you pay for the ride no matter how far you go and get a little discount if you buy a 2 way ticket. It is safe and comes along about every 20 minutes. I really enjoyed my time here.
Just a note to give you an idea of distance, I have walked from the Divi Golf and Beach Resort north to the High Rise area several times along the beach, it is about a 1 hour walk and most of it is on the beach. I have also walked south to the downtown area and Marina from the DIvi along the roads and sidewalks, a little further. The walk to the grocery from the edge of Divi property is about 10-15 minutes (you can use the shuttle to get you to the end of the property and back). If you are used to walking and are fit it is not to bad, great for exercise. Favorite grocery is Ling & Sons, it is behind Super Food and Kong Hing market, clean, big, best selection and prices, ask because it is not visible from the road you will be coming in from, but easy to get to. Also there is a huge True Value inside the Certified Market if you need ANYTHING, with good prices, they all bag, but, bring your back pack or rolling suitcase to carry your groceries to make it easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad