My family has a 2 bedroom time share at this property. This was the first year that I could go. The "2 bedroom" is actually a one bedroom unit with the 2nd bedroom being a second unit that can be locked out. Once we were able to get inside, the main unit was clean but the lock out unit was covered in dust. In fairness to the housekeeper...The previous tenants refused to leave at noon, which is checkout time, and they had trashed the place so we couldn't occupy the unit until housekeeping had cleaned and she had to do a rush job. Our units looked nothing like what you see in the property's "professional photos". The term "dated" springs to mind at first glance. The ceiling fan in the living room had two speeds...high and off...as it operated from a standard On and Off switch. The AC unit in the lock out bedroom did not work but the ceiling fan allowed us to get some sleep. The hose in the toilet in the half bath blew out and flooded the room. Housekeeping came every day and replaced what towels were on the floor but they did nothing else...not even make the beds. And they NEVER knocked so they got quite a show on a couple days of our stay. :-(
Since this property is at the end, you have to walk right far to get to anything. If you don't have an all-inclusive deal (which we don't) there is no place to get food or drink unless you go to the grocery store, buy the stuff and take it back to the unit. If you don't have a car, remember that you have to carry your groceries from the store to the unit.
The beaches are beautiful and the water indescribable but we had to get up at 5 AM, run out to the beach and get a palapa. Otherwise, they would all be taken, leaving us to fry in the hot sun.
If you like to be spoiled and catered to while on vacation, this is not the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad