“Great place to stay; worth every penny!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Bushiri 12, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Oranjestad B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pleasant Hill, California
“Great place to stay; worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My friend and I spent four nights at this great little B&B. Roy; his wife, Grace; and their son, were the most hospitable owners! Roy was able to drive us to the beach and occasionally to downtown due to our not having a rental car. The room was relatively big and clean and had an A/C, a fridge, and a sink. Roy was even amenable to people using the kitchen to cook their dinners.

The only downside for us was that, without a rental car, it was hard to get around without having to pay a $9 cab fare to go anywhere. But this wasn't a downside to the B&B, just make sure you have a lot of cab fare, or rent a car.

We had a great time, met great people there, and we highly recommend this place!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had a wonderful few days staying at Hidden Eden. Roy was super helpful in sorting out my reservation (and was also able to help me with some research I was doing on the island), and when I finally arrived I was delighted at how lovely and peaceful the B&B was. My room was spotless and had cold A/C, a fridge, and a sink. Hidden Eden is not far from the beach or the city centre. Evenings were spent chatting on the plant-lined patio with Grace (Roy was out town when I arrived though he was in contact via email to make sure everything was all right with my stay) and other family members who happened to be visiting. It was one of the most relaxing places I have been in the Caribbean, and I look forward to returning!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I chose this B&B based on excellent reviews on this website and I can only agree with everything that has been written here so far. Roy responded very quickly to my inquiry and I was impressed by the excellent service already before my arrival. I have been to many beautiful places incl. Maldives or French Polynesia before so I was not sure what to expect from Aruba, but my expectations were exceeded and I felt being treated like in a five star hotel. The service which you get for the price is really stunning. The place is not situated right on the beach, but you can easily reach the Druif beach and if you continue walking alongside the coast you will see the nicest beaches on Aruba (Manchebo beach, Eagle beach). Once we rented the bikes and went to the Palm beach, but I would say that Eagle or Manchebo are far more nicer. The city of Oranjestad is within walking distance as well. I would absolutely recommend the place to everyone who does not like crowded hotels and wants to enjoy a relaxing stay with the friendliest people ever!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

i travel very often to aruba i always stay in a hotel, but since i found the hidden eden bed and breakfat i dont want to go any hotel in aruba. i highly recommend it. grace, roy and their son and daughter are very warm. the price is very good, i think they have this b.b more for fun than for business. room are very clean, breakfast is also good. thank all of you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had a great time, the rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and the owners made the stay very enjoyable. They provided transportation to and from the airport. The breakfast was great, ask for the "Michael Nescafe Coffee Special" , which was probably the best coffee drink one can have in Aruba. The stay here was very affordable and pleasant. Looking to go back one day, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Ask for the Hidden Eden room with the king size bed and try the "Michael Nescafe Coffee Special...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I highly recommend this b&b if you do not stay at an all inclusive resort. Roy is very gracious and will help you out with anything.. from recommendations to a ride somewhere to settling into your room. I definitely would stay here again if I went back to Aruba!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I spent 5 days at Hidden Eden at the end of February. The owner, Roy, and I emailed each other in the weeks prior to my visit. He was happy to answer any questions that I had and offered lots of information about Aruba. Roy provided round trip transportation to and from the airport. Rental cars are expensive, so I relied on taxis to get me around. The ride to/from Palm Beach was less than 10 minutes and $9 each way (for 1 person). Fantastic Gardens is Roy's other business next door and is the best landmark when telling your taxi driver where you're headed. I stayed in one of the brand new rooms which was very large, had 2 twin beds, a safe, VERY cold AC, and was equipped with a mini fridge. My evenings were spent out on the patio with Roy and his family and friends, other guests, and usually a glass of wine. I was even invited to have dinner with them one night. As a solo traveler, I simply couldn't afford to stay at the overpriced resorts. The price here was just right and staying in a residential neighborhood and interacting with locals just added to my Aruba experience. I hope to come to Aruba again in the future, and the only place I would consider staying would be Hidden Eden.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hidden Eden? Share your experiences!