“Romeo and Moses. What team.” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Owner description: Scuba Diving Tour Operator
Brampton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Romeo and Moses. What team.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I had 3 two tank dives with Native Divers on 6 sites. The sites were great, the diving was excellent and Romeo and Moses were fantastic. Romeo picked me up and dropped me off at our suites, his boat was well suited for diving and we had a maximum of 5 divers during my stay. The dive equipment was in excellent condition. At each site Moses knew where the strange residents were, be it an octopus, crab, moray eel, turtle or lionfish.
These are the guys that experienced, long term visitors to Aruba dive with.
Friendly, knowledgable and expert.

Visited January 2011

wisconsin
“what a farce”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

when we were making plans to visit aruba on our cruise ship we made a reservation with Clive at dive aruba... unfortunately his boat capsized and we needed to make other arrangements. We chose native divers based on a recommendation from Clive...that was a big mistake as we were left waiting on the dock for over an hour and when we called were told that his boat was broken and he could come pick us up for a shore dive if we wanted. We didn't know what else to do so we did take him up on it and after about another hour we were finally ready to dive. after all the wasted time we only had time for one dive and when we got back he informed us we would be charged the same price as a 2 tank boat dive...$70 I do not believe any business with any type of customer service would have done that to customers. I was also disappointed with his facilities, his wash tank was a hose, no water for drinking and to keep out valuables safe we hid them in his boat roof cause he said they break into cars here. Please take some simple advice and avoid this dive facility...by the way the dive was boring!!

Visited January 2011
Santa Maria, California
8 attraction reviews
“Great Dive outfit for the experienced diver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

My family stayed at the Marriott Ocean Club in Aruba June 14-29 and stayed at the Marriott Time Shares. In looking for a dive outfit to use in Aruba I found Native Divers on the web which is located in fron of the Marriott on the beach. After several e-mails which Romeo, the owner of Native Divers, was very responsive in contacting me I decided to use their services while there.

Native Divers, though located in front of the Marriott is not affiliated with the Marriott. Red Sail Sports is the affiliated dive outfit. I am an experienced diver, however, and not much interested in riding in resort cattle boats or surrounded by a group of newbs who blow all their air in under 30 minutes. That’s what Native Divers offers, great diving adventures for the experienced diver. If your new, go to Red Sail, Romeo will take you to the places better served for the veteran diver.

Native Divers is the best, hands down, than any dive outfit I experienced on the island. Romeo takes small groups, we never had more than 4 when going. To find Native Divers, they have a large canopy in between the Marriott Surf Club and Ocean Club. Vanessa runs the business and arranges for your dives or any other tour you need on the island. She is very friendly and takes good care of you. You can schedule all your days you want to go in advance with her. Romeo will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the boat which is near the airport. He dives in the morning only as he will tell you, Oprah is on in the afternoon. Romeo is a real hoot, very opinionated but makes you feel very at ease. Quite different from other dive outfits, if you need any equipment, he provides at no charge, even if you need everything from BCD to regulator. His dives are also limited in how many people can go, no more than 6. The largest group I was in was 4 the whole time I was there.

You decide that day what dive site to go to, no advance schedules and he makes sure you don’t visit the same place twice. His dives are focused on the south side of the island and don’t get him started on diving on the Antilla, he hates that dive, lol. When I asked to dive it, he said he’ll just send me down and will drink some beer till I get back. Romeo likes the advanced dives not where the cattle boats take you. Be prepared to go deep with Romeo such as the CS Jane at over 110’ deep, Romeo will explore all the wrecks with you and let you set the pace. I also got every drop of air used with maximum bottom times. He works with his boat operator Monte who is a delight and very attentive. Between dives they offer snacks and drinks. They operate quite informally so if you’re a laid back person, you will get along great with them.

Native Divers cost is $37.50 per dive, very competitive with other dive operators. I have to warn you he requires payment after the dives in cash, you cant charge to a room or pay by credit card so make sure you have the cash in hand.

I dove almost every day with Romeo for a week and a half and never saw the same place twice. He did take a few days to watch Holland play at the World Cup in which I used another outfitter. I have to say Romeo made my stay in Aruba special and Native Divers is my only dive outfit I will use when I go back.

Visited June 2010