“Great atmospere and lovely food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 96 restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Description: We discovered this little gem of a cafe while on holidays in Aruba, gorgeous healthy food for very good value. Really worth a trip.It is located in the same street as the police station and El Gauchos.Breakfast and lunch from 8 am to 4pm..
Paramaribo, Suriname
“Great atmospere and lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have been to De suikertuin two times: for lunch and for dinner. It's amazing how this place seemed different both times. During the day the garden with the small Sugarbirds and de big tree in the patio are great.
At night the lights do wonders as it becomes a very secluded, relaxing and romantic place. The couches with the pillows made it easy to eat with our 7 months old baby. And the seating in the open air was very romantic by the looks of it.
The food was both times excellent. Lunch was fresh, felt healthy and pure (nice on a vacation with a lot of unhealthy eating and drinking).
The dinner was perfect. The menu was difficult to choose from, since the chef made some appealing combinations. Our choices were everything we hoped for.

It might be hard to find, but it’s surely worth the effort! Don’t miss this place.

93% Recommend
Goshen, Indiana, United States
“Hard to find but well worth the adventure to locate De Suikertuin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

De Suikertuin (in English...the sugar garden) was recommended to us by a local dutchman. We had a most delicious Dutch pancake with cooked apples. One of our group had a pasta special which was so fresh and delicious unfortunately I can't remember the name. The restaurant is quaint, out of the main traffic but very close to El Gaucho steak house. I very much enjoyed our lunch and will go back again next year when we visit One Happy Island....Aruba

philadelphia
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Lovely garden, great, friendly service. Food was organic and excellent. Antipasto highly recommended. Everything was good but the short ribs were cold (obviously refrigerate)(that is Ok as short ribs are good when cooked ahead but they were not hot,actually cold)...everything else was very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Aruba
“Top Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I really want to share this very unique experience we had recently at De Suikertuin.
My wife and I had a very romantic dinner at Suikertuin with a sublime service by the owner herself and with the appropriate decoration for this dinner (see picture).
We started with a glass of Chardonnay and an entree sample platter, because it was really difficult to
make a choice out of all the tempting entrees on the menu. We had the escargot, shrimp, Carpaccio,
chorizo(thin slice), salmon and some more of which I don't recall at the moment.
I could only describe the entrees in combination with the glass of wine as Very Very Very Good.
After the entrée we were served our Grouper Parmesan….WOW….juicy, tender and delicious. The word Perfect comes to mind.
I thought we were full, but we could not resist a crème brulee as desert with a nice mint tea. The crème brulee was served as it should...warm. Many restaurants serves it cold, but at Suikertuin it was warm with some vanilla ice-cream and some grapes.
To top it off, the mint tea turned out to be real fresh mint leaves……
We could not have chosen a better restaurant for a romantic dinner.
I even bought a gift certificate for my parents. I really had to share this experience.

• Visited March 2013
Aruba
“I love De Suikertuin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This weekend my husband and I went for a nice early dinner at De Suikertuin. The food was amazing, wine perfectly chilled and a dessert to die for! I cannot let out of course the excellent service! I just LOVE De Suikertuin.

• Visited March 2013