“What more can you ask for ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

You added Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #41 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
“What more can you ask for ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We arrived on a Saturday we were greeted with a friendly staff we were put in the 1300 block on second floor did not like it to noisy we asked to be moved to the 1600 block ground floor we moved the next day and we loved it walk out the door and be on a amazing beach all the food and drinks were great rooms were very nice everyone any were you went we're very friendly will be returning next year

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

this will be our 6th time at the tamarjin it is the best place to stay nothing fancy but clean food is great people our very helpful. try it you will love it there. we will be there again in dec for 8 days.

Room Tip: building 16 and 17 are good close to front if you dont like to walk far
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel in October 2013 for 14 nights for our honeymoon.
After a long flight we were glad to be at the hotel quickly - the transfer is not very long at all. We were greeted by staff with cold water and cold towels. This was fantastic as the weather was very hot and humid.
We were advised of the Mosquitos in Aruba but rest assured there are not as many as people think. We did use bug spray and had a plug-in in our room but we do this even for holidays in Europe. The reps sell bands for your wrist or ankles that last for 1 week and are approx. $10 each. We had these for both weeks and we did not get bitten once.
The Tam and the Divi have a very relaxed feel about them in the evenings. We preferred the Tam during the day as we thought the pool area at the Divi was a bit pretentious. We walked along the beach every evening around 5pm from the Tam to the Divi to visit the little rocks they had with huge craps on them.
The snorkelling at the hotel was amazing. Saw lots of marine life. The excursions we booked through Thomson as we do this every holiday. We went to Baby Back Beach and also did the Jeep Safari's. There was a few more but unfortunately I cannot remember.
The island itself is extremely safe and you can walk around at night without feeling threatened in any way!
The beach is THE BEST beach I have ever seen in my life so far and I have done a lot of travelling. The food was to die for. The Italian ( Paparazzi) was my favourite and we are there 6 nights out of the 14.
The Divi's Buffet restaurant was nicer then the tams as it was being refurbished while we were there so we tended to walk down there for lunch and dinner. Tams may have been updated since we was there but it was still nice enough for Breakfast. Food is the same in both.
This was our first time in Aruba and we are planning to go back to the Tam next year.
Do not hesitate to book here or be put off by the negative reviews people have written - they must have been staying somewhere different from where we were staying.

Room Tip: Block 22 has amazing views at sunset. Try and get the 1st Floor. The rooms at the Tam are much b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

After reading bad review after bad review, I was absolutely DREADING going to the Tamarijn for my first long haul holiday. We stayed between 12th -19th August.

The Dreamliner was fantastic, but longer than the advertised 8 hours 20 in the Thomson brochure at 9 hours 30 airtime. Although I hate take off's, we were up and away and I started to relax by watching some films.

We arrived at Aruba and the heat hit us straight away! We were waiting for our bus to pick us up and like others have previously said, we checked into the hotel at the airport, receiving our wristbands and room keys etc. The journey to the hotel was literally 10 minutes and were greeted by ice cold minted face cloths and a chilled bottle of water on our arrival at the Tam - this was much appreciated as we were now on our 33rd hour of being awake! As we were walking towards our room, we were welcomed by numerous members of staff - all saying hello to us and giving us hints about seeing the sunsets. We couldn't believe this was the same place that had been described as having 'rude' staff?! As we walked into our ground floor room, opened the curtains, and looked out past our terrace towards the stunning turquoise waters and white sand, we knew we were in for a week at paradise.

Room
We had two queen sized beds, newly refurbished bathroom with shower and the BEST air conditioning ever :) the maids did a fantastic job of keeping our room perfect, which wasn't easy as the sand always made it's way into the room. We tipped on the first and last day. We were in block 1300 - close enough to bars and entertainment and quiet enough to sleep when everyone is still partying!

Beach
This is what makes the Tam. We brought water shoes, and after climbing over some large rocks (which protect the buildings and therefore NOT an eye saw) we were often the only two in the sea - absolutely bliss. We saw plenty of fish and pelicans - even flying fish jumping between me and boyfriend!

Restaurants
We mainly ate at the buffet. Having read some of the comments about lack of drinks/rude staff, I have to say that we did not experience anything like this and within 60 seconds of sitting down a waiter would fill our glasses with iced water and asked us what other drinks we would like - often bringing our replacements without being asked. Yes, there were sometimes birds flying into the restaurant but it's not the hotels fault that the birds fly in! they have nets up and who would want a wall being built which would stop the birds coming in, but also stop the stunning view of the sea and sunsets? Yes, there are also flies, and some food was open - just use your common sense and avoid food that is open, stick to the covered hot food/service area and you'll be fine.....who needs to be fussy...we are in the Caribbean!!!!

We ate at the Red Parrot one night - very nice but we didn't mind the buffet at the Tam at all so stayed there for the other nights.

The snack bar at the swimming pool do the best chicken nuggets and onion rings as well as a fab strawberry daiquiri and piña colada ;) staff were friendly and always appreciate tips which they pool into a jar. The main cocktail bar was absolutely lush :) we would sit here after our evening meal, wind blowing, steel band playing and generally enjoying our time away from home!

Dress code
Is very relaxed. I wore cropped trousers/smart tops most nights. I did attempt to wear a skirt one night but walked out of the door and the wind did a 'Marilyn Monroe' on me so I got changed!

The wind
Is absolute heaven! Without the wind, the heat would be too much. Ladies - don't worry about your hairstyle! I took hair clips and pins and wore mine up every night - and the wind still managed to unruffled of few hairs!

Shopping
I bought some tshirts ($20) each and a sundress ($45) from the on site shop....only to find that twice weekly stalls would set up in the evenings selling tshirts 2 for $20 and sundresses for $18!!! I wish I had waited!

Trips
We booked our trips via Karen, the first choice rep (fantastic lady!) we went on the baby beach jeep tour (full day) the UTV half day (brilliant!), snorkelling adventure (half day) and sunset sail.

After filling our days with so many activities we were ready for bed by 9pm every night - and after laughing about this with fellow guests, discovered that they were going to bed the same time too!

We thoroughly enjoyed our time here and wished we had booked 2 weeks in order to relax a bit more!

Although it may not be to everyone's taste, this was OUR perfect beach getaway and we were warmly welcomed to the island by everyone we met.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

First time visiting Aruba. Our family was celebrating a retirement, college graduations and a 30th wedding anniversary. We wanted to do it right. We are beach people. Looking on line, I saw the buildings for the Tamarijn. Not knowing where in the world it was, I thought "that is where we want to be". We were not disappointed. The rooms are small, but they are comfortable, clean and modern with lots of storage space. Who comes to the beach to spend time in their room ..... not me! We stayed in the 1800 bldg near the Bunker Bar. Loved the idea of stepping a few steps and being at the beach. We did have rocks at our location, but a few feet to the left or right , was open sand. Beautiful sand and blue water! The Bunker Bar (shout out to Gabriel) played music which added to the party atmosphere and the bar closed at 7 p.m. so you did not have alot of noise all night. They do have security at night who check your doors to make sure they are locked. "The Tam is not a private beach and people do come onto the property" is what we were told. My husband's Nike tennis shoes and socks (someone really must have needed them!) went missing from porch the first day we were there, but we never saw any questionable people walking around at night. We felt safe. Food buffet was average to good ... you will not go hungry. You have numerous other restaurants to pick from with different menus. Our favorite was the Ginger at the Tam. The staff at the Tam were efficient and friendly. Check in was quick, they took the time to point out the points of interest on the Tam map. It was nice to be able to use the Divi area too. We took advantage of the water sports area .. snorkeling, kayaking, wind surfing which was between the Tam and Divi. The Tam had noddles and rafts to use in the ocean. Tam had entertainment both during the day (bingo, dance lessons) and nite. We also took 2 De Palms tour, the sail/snorkel and the natural pool jeep tour. Both were well worth it. Guides were very friendly and entertaining. It was a great way to see the island. We took a cab ($20 one way) to Hooiberg to climb the haystack. The driver, Fe Fe, gave us HER cell phone to call HER when we were ready to be picked up ... who does that? The cruise line ports were nearby as was downtown Oranjestad. You could walk into downtown using the sidewalks .. took me about 45 minutes one way. There were local markets selling souveniers. Casino was close to the Divi. You could go there to get free wifi. The casino was a 15 minute walk from the Tam or you could take a shuttle. Tam and Divi is not a place where you will find a group of young drinkers cussing and acting crazy .... it was mostly familes with younger/teen children and older/younger couples. The Tamarijn is definitely a place I will return to! Lots to do and explore! Weather is always perfect.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We spent 7 night s at the Tam in early August 2014. Two adults and two children shared a room which was tight but manageable since we didn't really spend that much time in the room anyway. As many others have mentioned, having beach front rooms is a great asset to this hotel. Each room looks out to the beautiful sea and the room is steps from the beach. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff at the hotel were all generally pleasant. We didn't come across anyone who wasn't cordial and many were actually very nice.

The bartenders poured great drinks and if more alcohol was desired, they happily made the drink stronger or made it over again. Actually during 7 nights and many trips to the bar, I think there was maybe 2 or 3 times I asked for more alcohol in the drink. Many bartenders recognized me and knew my drink before I even ordered. The liquor was top shelf but the wine selection was not great. It was a fine for a glass or two of wine with dinner but I generally drank rum, beer or vodka.

The beach was never crowded and getting a palapa was never an issue. The pool area has very little shade and that was a bit of a problem. Getting a lounger in the shade was a challenge at times. My kids spent a lot of time at the the pool otherwise I wouldn't have cared because I would much rather have been sitting on the beautiful beach anyway. The pool at the Divi was a bit nicer and is more spread out. I preferred the Divi pool to the Tam but it was easier for us to spend the day near our room at the Tam since we went back and forth to our room so often.

Meals were ok. During out last trip we liked the Red Parrot best but this trip Paparazzi was actually the one we liked best. The buffet had the standard breakfast options and basically the same lunch options each day. Some variety would have been nice. We had dinner one evening at the Divi buffet which we liked better than the Tam buffet, both the food and ambiance. The waiters at every restaurant were pleasant and were all very accommodating to our children We happily left nice tips after each meal. Bottom line, don't come here for the food but you won't starve and there are decent options at every meal.

The nightly entertainment was fine for us as we really just needed some music so the kids could dance (and us too) and a few drinks. We were in bed by 11:00pm each night. If I was single or without my kids, I would probably have been bored with the nightlife at the resort. Although you could easily spend an evening in Oranjestad or Palm Beach if you wanted to leave the resort.

Overall, we had a great stay. The hotel employees were all pleasant, the all inclusive is convenient with the kids and the beach is beautiful. The beach at the Tam had large stones along the entire shoreline (mostly) but as you walked toward the Divi it was all sand right to the water. This was our second family trip to Aruba and at the Tam. We would consider a third but I might choose the Divi next time. I definitely prefer the Tam/Divi over the high rise section on Palm Beach. When we went up there for a snorkeling trip, I was so happy to return to our beach at the Tam.

If you are looking for a relaxing, laid back all inclusive vacation this is a great choice. If you need large rooms with lots of amenities or if food is the priority for your trip, then do not choose this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Before I begin, I should mention that I have traveled throughout the Caribbean. It is natural to want to compare this resort with others. On the way home I couldn't help but think that, I probably would of loved our time at the Tam, if it had been our first Caribbean trip, but it wasn't. Overall, it falls short when paired next to other resorts.

Check In: We were greeted with ice cold water and smiles. Check in was quick, and included a reminder that if we lost our TAM bracelet (that we were required to wear), there would be a $150.00 charge per bracelet. We booked through CheapCaribbean.com and requested a king bed, but we were only offered a room with 2 queens. Since we were for our 25th Anniversary, it was rather disappointing.

Staff: After reading many reviews about staff being rude, I must confess, I was bracing myself for cranky islander's. But that wasn't our experience at all. We found the majority of the staff friendly or very friendly. However, do not expect them to go out of their way, or cater to you at this resort.

Room: We knew from previous reviews to expect a small room-it is small. Really small. I would compare the style of the room to that of a Day's Inn/Comfort Inn. The bathroom was not big enough to have 2 people in it at the same time. It was recently updated, which was nicely done. However, they forgot to add shelves in the shower-there is no place to put your shampoo, soap, etc. Speaking of which, make sure you bring your toiletries-they do not give samples if you forget. The bathroom did not have an exhaust fan, but you can open a window if privacy isn't something you prize. The room had a sliding glass door that opens to a small patio which overlooks a beautiful beach. Even though we kept the door closed at night, you could hear the waves crashing. Loved that. We found the bed to be very comfortable, but disliked that the clean sheets had stains on them. Our phone didn't work, but that was quickly resolved with help from the front desk.

We stayed in room 2311, which was at the far end of the Tam resort. It was nice and quiet-that's the upside. However, it isn't close to ANYTHING (except the beach-lol). We signed out bikes (near the Tam Buffet) and used the Shuttles a lot. It was a huge inconvenience honestly, but we made it work.

Location: The resort is located in the low-rise section of Aruba. You can hop on the bus and be at Palm Beach or Oranjestad in 5 to 10 min.

The beach: The water is crystal clear, with beautiful shades of greens and blues. The waves were calm during our stay and the sand it mostly fine and white. I would recommend bringing water shoes-there are lots of rocks in spots, as previously mentioned. The beach is very narrow in sections (especially at the Tam), but there are lots of loungers and you shouldn't have a problem finding a spot to sun your buns! I would not plan on snorkeling at the Tam-you will be disappointed. For snorkeling, try Baby Beach (AWESOME). We didn't go, but we heard there is a good snorkeling spot near some rocks by the RUI.

The food: We felt the buffets (both the Tam and Divi) were just average. You will not go hungry....the buffets advertised different theme nights, but we didn't find much variety from night to night . We enjoyed the restaurants the most, especially the Red Parrot. The best meal we had in Aruba was at Window's. It was an outstanding dining experience-well worth the $35.00 charge per person. Because it was our anniversary, they brought us complimentary champagne and dessert. We also loved The Old Fisherman Restaurant (down the street from the main bus station). This restaurant is a favorite among the locals, and we can see why.

Bars: Some drinks were good, a couple very good. The rest, disappointing.

Shopping: We found the shoppes at the Divi to have a larger selection, and friendlier help.There is also great shopping downtown, and in Palm Beach.

Aruba: The island is basically a desert, there is sand, dust, cactus and iguanas everywhere. You will not find a tropical rain forest on the island, The North shore is raw, rocky, rugged, and naturally beautiful. I would recommend taking an excursion to explore it. We did a De Palm Off Road Jeep Tour-had a fantastic time. We also did the submarine adventure at Atlantis-while it was a unique experience, the snorkeling at Baby Beach showcased more marine life. If you want to get around Oranjestad and Palm Beach, the bus system is a very inexpensive way to do it- $2.30 a ride, per person. Aruba is very Americanized. The american dollar is accepted everywhere. You will find Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, McDonalds, etc. Perhaps some might like that-but we left America because we wanted a different cultural experience.

In closing, we would return to Aruba. It's rugged beauty is captivating. It's culture, lively and fun. Sadly, we probably will not stay at the Tam again. We spent much of our time there visiting the Divi-we might be willing give that a try. Don't get me wrong-we had a GREAT vacation, but found that we had to make a lot of adjustments and concessions that would not be required elsewhere.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the Divi if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!