“Fantastic Beach & Best Holiday Ever!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #41 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Edmonton, Canada
“Fantastic Beach & Best Holiday Ever!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed at the Tam 4/12 - 4/19. We were in block 1900 and had a bottom floor room. Beach was about 30 feet away and the bunker bar was 80 feet away from our room.....PERFECT!! The beach was a little rocky so i would recommend water shoes but the main beach between the Tamn and Divi was nice and not too busy at all. I found the food to be okay at the Tam but we always went over to the Divi for supper. I found the staff to be a little slow with service but nothing that i could complain about. If you are on the bottom floor just rememer to lock your patio door up as we forgot and was woken up by security. Everynight i could hear someone and i assume that was security checking the patio doors. Otherwise it was a relaxing holiday and i would definately go back to Aruba. We also did the UTV tour with De Palm Tours and that was fun, we had Juan as our tour guide and he was awesume. Bring lots of sunscreen and most of all enjoy, i did!!

Room Tip: Want to be by the bunker bar, request block 1900.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

LOVED LOVED THIS PLACE. BOTH ARUBA AND THE ALL INCLUSIVE.
the restuants were full of varity and the most amazing service ever. we rode bicycles provided by the resort daily..vivian and fleix and the entire staff were amazing big smiles and very helpful. we took a rented jeep to the natural pool and swam there and i would not miss that. if you cant handle big time four wheel driving go on a jeep tour, but do it and go all the way to the natual pool. we took an afternoon snoorkel cruise for $80/pp and ate well and had a blast. the weather is NEVER bad..NEVER! regular items like bottle water are cheap..$1. no one is begging for tips, you do not see alot of poverty, but you do see island living. everybody is happy..the natives and the tourists. aruba is a beautiful island and the people are the same. definitely go there and stay at the tamarijin and tell vivian Rob says hi!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 2206 and it was a 2 min walk on a board walk in front of the ocean to the main p...
Forest Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I agree with some previous reviewers that this place is great for the beach and the location but other than that there is nothing special about it. We stayed on a lower level room and could just walk out to the beach from there. The food is ok but not great. The Divi has better food and is worth the walk but sometimes we got lazy and just ate at the Tamarijn. The Red Parrot was great and definitely should not be missed. One particular employee at the guest reception was very rude to me. I asked her a question and she answered it so I said ok and then I walked away. Then she yelled at me and said "hey I am still talking to you." Excuse me, but this woman has no customer service manners,so to speak. Not sure of her name after all this time, but I think it was Belinda. This would not stop me from coming back, but I do prefer places that treat the guests with respect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My girlfriend and I just came back from a week’s vacation in Aruba and we spent the entire week at the Tam. Our stay was fantastic, we were both really pleased with everything the Tam and its sister property the Devi had to offer.

As with most all-inclusive resorts when you check in, you are given a bracelet to wear that identifies you as a resort guest. Some reviewers have spoken negatively about these bracelets and both my girlfriend and I didn’t seem to be troubled by them. They don’t affect the quality of your tan and tan lines weren’t an issue. The only suggestion I would offer management is instead of making the bracelets from a string like material make them plastic, this allows them to dry without issue.

When you stay at the Tamarijn or the Devi you have the benefits of stay at one play at both. This made our decision to stay at the Tam that much easier, there is a difference in price point (Devi is more expensive) however guests can use anything the property offer free of charge which for us worked very well.

To speak about the resort in specifics, let me start by describing the room. The room was compared to most resorts in the Caribbean was slightly on the smaller end of the scale, personally speaking the room size should not make you fear coming to this resort. We knew we would hardly be in the room and as expected spent minimal time in it. The time we did spend in the room was relaxing and comfortable by no means an unpleasant experience. There is a room safe that can be rented for a charge of $2/night and local calls across the island are $0.80/minute.

After doing some research we decided to stay in the 2100 block of rooms. It was the perfect distance from the main pool and restaurants that we enjoyed a nice walk (less than 7 minutes) back to our room. It was very close to the bunker bar which allowed us to enjoy unlimited slushy’s by some very friend bartenders. The 2100 beach was fantastic, the 2100 block had no rocks on the beach and made for an easy set up with your beach chair literally anywhere you wanted. The beach was in our opinion not busy at all, compared to staying at resorts like the Riu and other high density resorts.

Most travels visit Aruba for the AMAZING weather and beaches combined with the safety and kindness the island is known for. This in our opinion was the greatest value the Tam offered, a beautiful beach at a value price with above value service and food. Waking up every morning to a beautiful beach that isn’t crowed with people is amazing; there are straw huts that you can use if you are lucky enough to get before the sunbathers hit the beach. TIP (wake up around 7-730am and put your towel on the hut you desire)….yes some people don’t like this approach but it’s the game that is played while on vacation every morning, play it and enjoy a hut or don’t play it and deal with your luck accordingly.

Food at the Tam was great, unlike traveling to places in Mexico, the DR and definitely Cuba the food that was provided did a fantastic job of bringing to light many western foods like thick cut bacon and eggs as part of the breakfast buffet, and beef tenderloin with a garlic mash from an al a carte dinner. Food was in no short supply and daily lunch and dinner theme nights kept your taste buds occupied.

The Resorts proximity to shopping and the high rise hotels was less than a 10 minute taxi ride ($9usd) and could have been walked to in under 1 hour if you felt adventurous. There is nightly entertainment at the resort however if you are looking for offsite partying our suggestion would be to take a taxi off the property to the bars and restaurants by the high rise hotels.

All in all this vacation was fantastic, people worry about the trade winds Aruba has and yes they are stronger at times than a light breezes but we thankful for them. These winds allow you to stay outside and lay in the sun days on end without breaking a sweat, you can lay in the shade and not overheat which making reading your favorite novel that much more enjoyable.

The Tamarijn did a terrific job to exceed our expectations and the happy little island took a little piece of our heart when we left. We definitely will be back to Aruba and when we return we won’t hesitate to stay at the Tam!!! – Thank you for making our vacation experience that much better!!!

Room Tip: TIP (wake up around 7-730am and put your towel on the hut you desire)
Canaan, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My mother and I stayed in the 1500 block on the ground floor. Terrific room. Very close to the beach. Some rocks at the entrance to the beach, but otherwise the water was excellent. Beautiful views of the beach, sunrise and sunset. Room had been updated - shower door added. This was a great room, close to the lobby for someone using a walker. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Nice to see people working there for years who recognized us. As with any place, there were staff members who seemed unhappy, but they were in the minority. Happy, laughing people willing to help. Food was very good and plentiful. Enjoyed dinner at the Red Parrot (love the chocolate cheesecake), and the buffets were great. Plenty of choices for the picky eater. Already planning the next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor open right onto the beach. Rooms are available close to the pool, lobby fo...
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed 5 nights, 2 adults, 2 kids (8 & 12). Rooms was standard. Updated bathroom. The shower did not leak at all, as I had read in other reviews. The room was kept very clean. Housekeeping was done by 12:00 every day. The outside patio was cleaned daily as well. We ate at 2 of the dinner restaurants. Red Parrot(Divi) was very good! Paparazzi was just OK. Didn't get a chance to try others as there were restaurants in town we wanted to try/revisit. Ate at the buffet for breakfast every day. Very good selection and excellent coffee. Servers were attentive. Lunch at the buffet was also very good, taco station was great. If we didn't eat there for lunch, we got pizza or sandwiches at the pizza bar by the pool.The onion rings there are great! It did get busy, but never had to wait that long. There is a separate line for ice cream that my kids found very helpful. A separate self serve soda machine would be a nice addition, you have to wait for the bartenders to get just a soda. Ice water is self serve.
Now to the beach...You can't beat it. Every room is beach front, a few feet from the water! The beach was never crowded, but if you want a particular palapa, you do need to go down early. They unlock the chairs at 7AM. We visited the hi rise hotels and could not believe how crowded the beach was. My daughter asked where the kids play because it was just rows of lounge chairs as far as you can see. At the Tam, there was plenty of room for playing and running on the beach. The water was a bit rocky for the first foot or so, but water shoes would fix any discomfort. I'll bring mine next time. My daughter did Kids Club 2 days and loved it, arts and crafts and tye dye shirts. They also did trips to local attractions, but she did not go those days.
We saw maintenance making improvements/repairs while we were there, so I know that it upkeep is happening. The only thing that I saw that needed to be done was to paint over some minor graffiti in the bathroom near the pool/
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms after 1900 are a farther walk to pool/restaurant.
Fermont, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed at the Tam from april 8 to 15. Got there with westjet from Montreal. Arrived at hotel around 2h30pm, check in was fast, room was ready, bell boy brought our luggages to room, and 30 mins, later, I was on the beach ! the resort itself for me is a 3.5 star but the food is a 5 star !!! can't beleive the bad reviews concerning the food...it was soooo yummy ! even the buffet was awesome...all the 'à la carte' restaurants were excellent...we did the paparrazi twice (italian) we just fell in love with it. We went to Red Parrot at the Divi and did not roll over for our dinner there...it was surprising cause the Divi seems to be more upgraded but they just have 1 a la carte restaurant...I was very glad that I was staying at the Tam instead of the Divi. The beach is great...a little bit of rocks but you learn to live with it. I was a bit disappointed when I saw the beach the first day cause of the rocks that cuts the walking but it's not that bad after all. We went downtown Oranjestad for some shopping as well as Palm Beach...really cool restaurants and the food is soooo good ! We did the Atlantis submarine too...that was just awesome to go 130 ft. under the sea and have the chance to see the coral reefs and fishes. If you are not sure like I was to book this resort, you should just do it for the quality of the food, for the beach, for the great weather (sun for a week no rain) and a different destination beside cuba, mexico or dominican republic. If you are not difficult with food, you will love it ! I loved Aruba and wish to go back already !!!!

Room Tip: we had room 1616 in the '1600' block on 2nd floor...last room of the block so balcony is pri...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!