“Great location !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

You added Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #41 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Mississauga, Canada
“Great location !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel is right on the beach which is great ! Wonderful sunset, beautiful white sand beach. Very windy at the end of March so you don't feel the heat.
Aruba is expensive so this hotel all inclusive is good value. Staff is pleasant and helpful. You can access restaurants at the Divi next door. In both locations food is ok buffet or a la carte, nothing exciting .A short bus ride to the High Rise or downtown section so you can go out for dinner.

Room Tip: Even if you are in one of the 2000 section , they have golf carts to you if you prefer not to walk
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Keeping in mind that this was a 3 star resort, we had a great stay. The food was ok, normal lower-end all-inclusive fare. They had a pizza bar that served pizza, chicken strips, sandwiches and onion rings that was really good. Buffet was ok, specialty restaurant the Palm was good, cooked your own meal but was the best piece of meat we had the entire week. Many other guests liked the Red Parrot at the Divi, we didn't think it was great, just ok. Rooms were basic with remodeled bathrooms but the oceanfront aspect is fantastic. Every room is ocean front, you are literally steps from the beach/ocean. We spent a good amount of time on our balcony enjoying the views. The other guests at this resort made it special. More people in their 50's and 60's than people in their 20's or 30's but it was generally a good mix of ages. We are in our 40's with no kids and had a great time chatting with and hanging out with the other guests. Almost like a family, we had a great time. Service was ok. This was our first time at the resort and had to ask for a drink everytime, with the exception of one bartender who was on it. The bar service at the Divi was better, friendlier and quick with the next drink. The regulars at the Tam seemed to get a little more attention than us new people but it was not terrible. Many of the guests were repeat guests and I think that says a lot about the experience. One bad thing for us was that the bars did not open until 11am but we survived. Beverages in the room refridgerators would have been nice. The beach was beautiful with nice waves coming in. There are some rocks so I would bring water shoes and you'll be fine. Although this was not the best service or nicest resort, it was considerably cheaper than some of the ones in the highrise area. When I weighed out the pros and cons, I would stay at the Tam again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far end are quieter, but it is really not that loud at all. We liked 2nd floor since w...
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I returned from our 7 night stay on March 7, 2014. The question isn't whether or not we will return , it's how soon! This hotel is perfect for beach lovers. It isn't fancy it's just perfectly casual. The food is good , the staff is pleasant, the rooms are just large enough. Don't miss the Bunker Bar for sunset cocktail, make sure to go to check out the entertainment schedule in the front lobby of the hotel. We thought the evening entertainment was fantastic! Visit the Divi sister resort , their buffet is better. If you want a palapa for shade on the beach you need to put your towels out by 6:00 am. The island is very accessible go and explore. Aruba is my favorite island and hands down this is my favorite resort. You know its a good pick when 50% of the guest you meet have been coming back for 10 years or more. You will not regret booking Tamarjin!

Oxford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Just returned from our 8th trip and have no complaints. They continue to upgrade the facility and the place looks great. The food was the best it has ever been, although we have never had an issue in the past. This time we brought our adult children as they have been wanting to experience the resort for several years and all of them were very pleased with their vacation. Just remember ..this is NOT a 5 star resort. No swim up pool, no one to deliver drinks to you on the beach…. but the most fantastic view from your room you could ever want, great food and drink. Planning our 9th visit for next year already. Special thanks to Andrea, Mica, Carmen, John and Iris….See you next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've been to four different all inclusive hotels in four different countries and this by far has been the BEST vacation I've ever been on. This was my first time going to Aruba (3/23-3/27) and it definitely won't be my last. The resort is 20 minutes from the hotel and check in was super fast. The lobby area is open and grounds are kept clean.

We stayed in building 2406 which is the last building and far away from everything but we liked it better that way. Also the shuttles are always running if you want a ride back to your room or you can call front desk to send a shuttle for you. The minute you step into the balcony you are staring at the ocean and it is such an amazing site. The rooms are small but cozy, the AC is amazing, and housekeeping does a good job with cleaning the rooms.

My boyfriend and myself were able to reserve three restaurants In advance and they were the red parrot, paparazzi (Italian) and Palm grill (you cook your food on a hot table and you have to sit with another couple to save space). I liked paparazzi out of all of them and you have to dress casual. The buffet at tamarijin is okay but the one at DIVI (the sister site) is really good!

We also did two excursions; one was the jeep tour through Palm tours which included a couple of different amazing sites, natural pool, and a crazy bumpy ride. I LOVED IT!! Our second excursion was a 12 mile bike tour (6 going 6 coming) to go snorkeling free of charge with the hotel. It was an experience and I would definitely recommend it, plus you leave at 8, you get snacks, it's free and you're back by noon which is awesome. Both excursions were unforgettable and the staff was super professional!

We went downtown for the night (18$ round trip on taxi) and it was very nice with different shops and restaurants which close at 8pm so if you want to go evening shopping then downtown isn't the place to be unless shopping before 8PM. Also, there are many different shops around the hotel area and it is not that expensive. The hotel also offers precheck out which you can do the night before you travel from 6-8pm to avoid long lines in the morning. The exchange rate is 1 US dollar to 1.75 florin, I wouldn't bother exchanging because all stores accept credit cards and dollars.

Pros: the beach is BEAUTIFUL I have never seen anything like it. awesome view of the beach right from the balcony and anywhere else that you go to eat. the staff and people are very friendly, you can visit the DIVI which is the sister site and if you are looking for something modern with good entertainment id say go there but tamarijin is just as amazing. By the divi you also have a Dunkin donuts & the casino. The divi is a short walk away but again you can take the shuttle. AC is amazing, not overcrowded, beach Is amazing and that is where we spent most of our time, there is a snack bar (tutis pizza) which has amazing food (especially chicken fingers and Mexican fries) but the snack bar at DIVI (COCOS) is also very good, both are open until 1AM if you have a midnight craving. Everything is pretty much walking distance and even though the sun is very strong, you do get a good amount of breeze. The staff also speaks Dutch French English Spanish and Portuguese so it's easy to communicate.

Cons: no free wifi and even if you're roaming the reception sucks so you're better off purchasing Internet. The sun is brutal so bring lots of sun lotion and stay hydrated because I got a sunburn the first two hours. The beach is kind of rocky but still very enjoyable so bring water shoes.

Other than that I loved Aruba especially the beach and plan to go back again and again and again. A lot of couples said they've been going to this hotel for years so that speaks volumes. It is definitely a happy island with amazing people.. DONT THINK TWICE, BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed in 2400 block March 15-22 2014. I booked this room three months in advance - I requested 2 beds in a quiet area. I got neither. When I requested a room change I was told there were no other rooms available despite people coming and going the entire time I stayed there. Their solution was to give me a fold-away cot to sleep on - not exactly my idea of comfort. That being said, the room was small but clean with a very leaky shower as many others have pointed out. Many areas of the resort could use some TLC...public washrooms could use some paint on main doors and bathroom stalls (not a huge deal but it would definitely make it look more inviting). Rooms could also use a coat of paint and some updating. Again, these are little things but they just make things seem more pleasant and inviting. Food at the buffet - not terrible but not very good either...The Divi's buffet much better than the Tam - fresher and a bit more variety. Specialty restaurants (Red Parrot and Paparazzi) were good although entrees were overcooked (beef tenderloin that was ordered medium-rare was cut in half and well done?!?!?). Drinks were good and good variety available. Drink fountains for juice and water only accessible for breakfast, otherwise juice and water could be obtained from server or from bar...just inconvenient at times. Beach was beautiful - soft, white sand and aquamarine water was stunning. Snorkeling was not good in front of hotel as there is no reef to speak of. We did an island tour with E.L tours which included snorkeling at Boca Catalina; this was a great half day tour that allowed us to see many of the main attractions as well as get in some decent snorkeling; we used E.L tours for airport transfers as well and I would highly recommend them.
There are plenty of water activities and shopping is nearby that includes flea markets, high-end shops and vendor stalls as well as many casinos...we walked to the downtown shopping area several times. If you decide to walk downtown, wear good sunscreen and a hat. I burned from head to toe without realizing it because I didn't feel the strength of the sun with the always present tradewinds. The locals on the island are friendly and pleasant for the most part but like anywhere there was the odd person that was miserable. We tipped staff throughout our stay, I don't expect undying gratitude for this but when someone grabs a tip without a thank you it annoys me - I didn't forget to say thank you when I was served. The island itself is beautiful, I would most likely return but I would not stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the 1800s or lower...these are closer to main areas and probably quieter
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This will be the MOST honest review you will read... (the good and the bad)

First I need to say that I am picky and hard to please (29-year-old female). I read many many reviews before choosing the Tamarijn. My husband and I stayed between 03/15-03/22 for our anniversary (03/17). What initially sold me on this resort was that every room is ocean front, as well as the HIGH return rate.

When I first stepped out of the taxi I cannot deny my initial reaction was wary. This is NOT a fancy hotel. After reading so many reviews on how amazing the Red Parrot at the Divi was I made reservations there for our first nights dinner. I was less than impressed with the food and the service. (again i am picky). Our waiter practically ignored us, and we did not return to that restaurant. Maybe he was having an off night?

After reading the reviews I knew that I needed to wake up early to reserve a hut, I woke up at 7 and never had an issue getting one. If you want a hut, you MUST wake up around 7 or earlier to insure one. it is clearly an unspoken rule.

I knew our view/beach was FANTASTIC, but I did not know how good I had it until I rode a bike down to palm pier near the high rise hotels. People are packed in like sardines. Seriously. I felt bad for those people, Hardly any space to walk around, let alone view the beach from a chair. When we went to the airport a guy asked us where we stayed, when i said the Tamarijn, he said "man, that's the best place on the island, I walked the whole beach and you guys had the best view/resort/beach". And that is 100% the truth. You WILL NOT find a better beach resort on the island.

As for the food, I was worried after our first dining experience at the Red Parrot, but that was the ONLY hiccup we had. The Breakfast was AMAZING, Lunch was average (the fried grouper on Sat, best i have ever had), And dinner was above average. In my opinion Paparazzi is the best restaurant there, the Sandpiper Grill had an amazing ham, Gouda, and pineapple sub.

As for the room, I was very pleased. Warm shower with great pressure, comfy bed and clean room. We had a room on the 1st floor building 1700 and security comes by regularly to check doors, so that was a plus. (id request 1st floor building 1500-1800 , closer to the bars/food/activities)

Overall Experience: This is a resort to go to if you want to relax. Its not a loud party place. There were not many children there, and id say 35% of the clientele is over the age of 50. Sooo many of the guests have been coming for 10-20+ years, and I can see why. The resort sits on about a mile worth of beach so the views are spacious and uninterrupted. Im so glad i did my research and chose the Tamarijn. I would have been highly disappointed had we stayed elsewhere. Interesting note, ALOT of the US guests are from New England area, not that that's an issue, just interesting, We are from Atlanta, and people were shocked there were southerners there :). Maybe they have better deals up north? At the end of the day, im so glad we went, i will 100% return, and the the Tamarijn. it was worth every penny that we spent. Such a beautiful place/beach.

The Only Con: and I say this only because i want my review to be as honest as possible. The service/staff was not as cheery/helpful as i would have expected. That's not to say they were rude or negligent i just didn't feel that anyone went above and beyond (except for the cook who made me extra grouper, that guy was awesome). Also, i wish they had a beach bartenders, i know..i'm lazy :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!