“Wonderful Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #41 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Oranjestad
Boston, MA
“Wonderful Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Aruba for the first time in April 2013 and stayed at this resort, and we loved our stay. The room being right on the beach was great, and offered us a beautiful view from our balcony. Plus, since all rooms at this resort are oceanfront, the beach wasn't crowded. The shuttle service was great when were were at the main building of the resort.

The location of the resort was perfect. On the South side of the island, it was much less crowded than the high-rise section on the West side of the island, which allowed us to enjoy the island. The resort is about 2 miles from Oranjestad, and about 10 minutes from the high rise section. There is a bus stop right outside the resort, and this was a much more economical option than taxis.

The All-Inclusive aspect of the resort was wonderful, and all of the staff were extremely helpful. There were a variety of restaurants for dinner between the Tam and the Divi, though in order to get a good reservation time you need to book right when the concierge opens for the day. Breakfast and lunch were basic buffets, but with plenty of choices. There were several bars, and the drinks were fabulous. Definitely try a Miami Vice and/or an Aruba Ariba!

Non-motorized water sports were included with the cost of the resort. We used the rafts, noodles, and sea kayaks. However, we were unable to go windsurfing. There were days that the activity wasn't available even though the schedule stated it was. My only disappointment with the water sports and towel rental, was that there was only a central location to pick up and drop off. Since the Tam's buildings are spread out so that all ~25 are on the beach, it was inconvenient if your room was in an end building (which ours was). It would be appreciated if the resort had additional locations to pick things up/drop them off.

The room was nice. It wasn't large, but it had everything we needed including a balcony looking out to the ocean. It's not like you're really in the room that much anyway, so it didn't bother me that it wasn't fancy. The one odd thing about the room was that the shower didn't have a door, nor was there a lip between the shower and main bathroom. We had to place towels on the floor so that the tile wouldn't get wet and slippery. Other than that the room was fine.

We would definitely stay at this resort again, it was a good value and in a great location!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have a balcony, 1st floor rooms have a patio.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

2,189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I read reviews about this place for almost a year. I was a little skeptical about it based off of the reviews, however upon arriving I was completely surprised! I booked through cheapcarribean.com and it was very easy. This was our first vacation, our first time out of the country, and we were celebrating our ten year anniversary. So, like many others, I had tons of questions. We booked our transfers (transportation to and from the airport) ahead of time, so when we arrived at the airport the shuttle was already waiting for us. It took us straight to the Tamirijn. As soon as we stepped off the bus the people were happily greeting us and took our bags right from our hands. Check in was very easy and quick. I do not think it could have been any easier. We did not bring a credit card because we wanted to travel as light as possible and not have to worry about keeping up with much. Needless to say, they asked for one to cover a deposit. We told them that we didn't have one and we had to put a 100 dollar deposit down in cash that we would get back at checkout minus phone charges etc. They drove us to our room and carried the bags up. They also showed us where things were in the room and asked if we needed anything else. The view from the room is fantastic! We stayed in the 2100 building. Our room was not dated. It looked exactly like their pictures. We had a king bed. The floor in the bathroom did get wet from the water but it was not like flooding or anything. It was like if you take a shower at home with the door/curtain opened. The bed was very comfortable, the water stayed hot the entire time we were in the shower. They thoroughly cleaned our room every single day including changing all the bed linens daily. I have never in my life seen soooo many friendly people!! While on this trip, my husband and I did nothing for ourselves except shower. EVERYTHING was done for us!! They bring your food, get your drinks, take your trash, you can ride the shuttle around if you do not want to walk. The beach was NEVER crowded!! We saw some of the other hotels and their beaches were super packed. The weather was beautiful, the staff was super friendly, the room was nice, and the food was good. As far as reserving the restaurants, we had no problem with that. We didn't have to get there by a certain time. We actually booked them in the evening. We did not get up at 6 in the morning either. I noticed some people did but like I said there is plenty of room on the beach. We ate at the Red Parrot, the Pizza per Tutti, the Sandpiper, The Ginger, and the Paparazzi. We also ate the buffet. We actually preferred the buffet over the restaurants just because you have more of a variety to choose from. The Red Parrot was okay, we personally thought the food was better at the bars like the Pizza per tutti and the Sandpiper. We did not like the Ginger and I had read many reviews stating that. I suggest going into town and checking out their souvenirs. We figured this out as we were leaving. Originally, I was going to book our excursions in advance but I decided against it. We did the semi-submarine and the tour. If I could do it again, I would leave the submarine out. It was okay, but I do not think it was worth the money. We did the full day tour with DePalm(also our shuttle service). I definitely recommend this. After doing those two excursions, we were really tired. So, we ended up relaxing the rest of the trip. We didnt want to come home tired. If you are looking for quietness, relaxation, friendly/happy people, and an uncrowded beach then choose the Tamarijn. The nightly entertainment was really nice. We found out about that and the daily activities towards the end of our trip. I wish we had been able to see more. We went over to the Divi and just looking at the property and the things there....it is prettier than the Tam and more expensive but it was TOTALLY boring. Most people were sitting in the lobby area watching TV. I did notice that it was an older crowd (50-80). I would not pay the extra money for there unless you want it for the looks. I would return to the Tam again! My husband and I loved it!!!!!!!!

Forgot to mention our AC unit was very quiet and so was our fan. Our room was very cold. I preferred to leave the door open.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We recently honeymooned in Aruba and stayed at the Tamarijn. We enjoyed our stay, our room was a bit of a walk from the check in desk, but there were plenty of places to stop for cocktails along the way. The room was nice, I found the shower a little odd it didn't close and water got all over the floor, but that was the only issue we had with the room. The beach at the Tam was fantastic. We took advantage of the honeymoon offer at the Divi Phoenix, it was really great, if you take advantage of this offer we highly reccomend the Banana's Foster, it was one of the better desserts we had on the island. Eating at the Tam was good, they have a decent breakfast, and lunch. We had a great dinner at the Italian place on property, the Red Parrot was fantastic for dinner, this was the best resort on property. The service was fantastic. The Asian place on property was well below average, we went once and thought the service was slow and the food poor. The concierge desk was amazingly helpful, I was highly impressed by the personal service that Iris gave us, in booking locations. She reccomended Madame Janette's to us, which was one of the better meals we've ever had in our lives, simply fantastic!

The beach at the Tamarjin was the best on the Island in our opinion. Not as developed as the beach on Palm beach, but not as crowded and didn't seem to have any problems palapas infront of our room. The DJ at the pool was alot of fun, highly reccomend playing Bingo, we won a free dinner cruise and two bottle of wine when we won.The cocktail service was wonderful, Balashi and Miller Light on tap. They had a wide variety of drinks, the daquiries were made with fresh fruit, and they served them up quickly. As for coffee the Juan Vasquez coffee adjacent to the Al Hambra casino was cheap and made a great cup of coffee.

I nearly forgot our biggest peeve with the room was the safe. For some reason, they charge $2 a day for a cheap safe which requires a key. The safe is in a bad place under the sink and was hard to get in and out of. They also charged tax for the safe, which was annoying when I budgeted up enough cash to pay exact amoutn for it.

One element of the room we enjoyed was the fact you can watch American cable tv in the room. We weren't in there alot but it was nice to be able to watch HBO, CNN, and ESPN and ESPN2 in the room.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and we would highly reccomend this resort to others.

Room Tip: - Make sure the sliding door is locked when you go to bed or security will knock and wake you up.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Let me start by saying first, that my family and I had a very good time there at the Tam. The location directly on the beach was great.

This was the first visit to Aruba for my wife and daughter, and a repeat (although different resorts) for my parents.

We really enjoyed the beaches there at the Tam. Water was cool enough to be refreshing, not cold at all, and water was nice and clean most days. (Some seaweed/seagrass occasionally, but it's the ocean/sea after all!!) :-)

Will start with the rooms. We had a double queen size room. Not exactly sure of the history of the resort, ( I could look it up I guess if important).... but it felt like we were in a small hotel room. For an adult couple, and a child, the quarters were pretty small for a week. Not much room for baggage / clothes and/or relaxing. My parents was a single, king bed and they had a little more room. I would not call them "suites" by any stretch of the word. Glad we didn't spend much time there!

The rooms were well maintained, and most likely rennovated in the near past. Design however is dated. The location of the facility right on the road means that there is a significant amount of road noise that comes in at all hours, and I was woken several times by emergency vehicle sirens at night.

Food - was "OK" at the buffet in the mornings and lunch. We did usually go to the "specialty" - reservations required restaurants at night. Most of them are included in the "all inclusive" rate. My wife and I had a date night and went to the Windows on Aruba restaurant at the Divi Golf Village. While not included in the rate, (and pricey even with discount), the food was very, very good and service was outstanding!

Which leads to "service"........ I have posted other reviews here on Sandals and Beaches. Those were sort of my "bar" to measure up to..... and unfortunately Divi/Tamarijn didn't meet that level. While the service personnel did their jobs, it didn't seem as though they went out of their way to get it done all that well. On multiple occasions, I would see one of the maintenance staff hiding in the rest-room making phone calls. There were few smiles from service personnel, and even the front desk and concierge desk crews were helpful, but not as friendly as I would have expected from resort personnel.

Overall resort - was nice, but I noted a lot of trash / empty drink cups were left on the pool deck / beach for more than a day or two. (I picked up several cups and threw them away, at the start, and then after a couple of days, played a game to see how long stuff would sit..... it remained there for quite a while). Pool at the Tam was just ok. When compared to some of the "zero entry" pools and swim-up bars at the newer resorts, it it lacking.

Water sports? - well...... I would say that minimal would be an overstatement. They had almost no windsurf equipment (one rig I think) and the rest of the gear was beaten up and heavily worn. The attendant there was reluctant to even show what was available. See comment on service above.

Would I recommend, YES, with qualifications. (Budget, time, who is travelling, etc). Will we be going back? Probably not. While we had a good time, there are many other places to go and visit (even on Aruba itself), and this resort, while enjoyable, was found lacking.

Oh.... on a side note for windsurfers. I took a day to head to "Da Huts" - as Fisherman's huts is known. I was greatly let down. Aruba has always received these glowing reports of great wind and moderately shallow water. When I got there, I found that the newer high-rise hotels are encroaching on the windsurfing/kiteboarding area and starting to affect the wind there greatly. Also, I can't remember anyone mentioning that the sand in other parts of the island is not present at Da Huts..... there are very sharp coral reefs in the area, make sure to wear some type of bootie! The reefs have also expanded, forcing sailors to head further offshore to get decent water and wind. Since the wind is offshore, after you sail, it takes a while to point / tack back upwind to get back to the launch. Was really dissappointed with that location - my trip to Margarita and Coche Island several years ago was vastly more enjoyable than this one. (Ok, Ok, not directely related to Tam resort but had to put in the comment)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our 6th time in Aruba at the Tam. We had an awesome time. We took another couple with us this year and they had a great time and want to go back. The resort may not be as luxurious as the high rise end, but it's exactly what we wanted. You walk right out your door onto the beach. The sand is soft and white and the ocean is breath taking. Sometimes we were the only ones in the water!!! Not crowded at all and no locals wanting to sell us stuff!! We go to shut down and relax from everyday living...everything seems to slow down for us...and the staff is nice, too.
There are several restaurants to eat at, but you will need to make reservations in the morning for the next days dinner. The food is good at all the restaurants, it just depends on whether you like Asian at the Ginger, Italian at the Paparazzi or steak and seafood at the Red Parrot versus pizza at the Per Tutti etc..etc...The service is good, rooms clean and air conditioning good, with what little time is spent in the rooms. Some of the staff were very good to us...such as Harold, Fitzroy and Eddie. There is also a casinoa close by and they have golf carts that will take you back and forth. They also have some nightly entertainment and small bands. We will go back!

Room Tip: Buildings 1900 - 2400 are further away from the Bunker bar and restaurants, but perfect for those wh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Beach Wedding was Beautiful, a few problems with coordinator, but overall not enough to ruin the beautiful day, just be sure you are exact and have her sign off on each detail, color, everything.
The resort was GREAT! A little worried with some of the reviews, YES people are still VERY inconsiderate of others and hog the chairs on beach their whole stay!!! You people are RUDE!! I wish the resort would enforce the rule of no saving.. If your butt is not in the chair, take your stuff with u! Bathroom break excluded, but dont go for meals and leave it.. Some people only have time for a little sun and u ruin the whole stay!
Moving on,
The staff were exceptional! So friendly!! One Bartender started affectionately calling me CHI-CHI, my favorite drink they made. Yum!
THE BIGGEST PROBLEM
Is the Shower! WHO MADE THESE?!! i think showerhead is on wrong side..picture your shower, the back part where you stand..is open on the side, like leaving your curtain open! So annoying! Water all over! Even went and bought tape and curtain to fix problem.. Tape wouldnt work, too humid. The shuttles were great, just seemed there were alot of people, needed maybe one or two more..ALOT OF NEW ENGLANDERS, watched the game there..One Ravens fan, and they won.. ugh! My 18 yr old had his own room and had the time of his life! This place has the BEST SUNSETS right off your balcony!! It sets right in front of this resort. If you are up for a walk, not a bad walk to outside mall..
Entertainment was FANTASTIC!!
Sorry to those we offended singing SUMMER LOVIN, lol
My Husband has never heard the song!!
Will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed January 2013
Newhall, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Have been to the Tamarijn 21 times and there is a reason for that. While not the most luxjuriest hotel it is very clean and the beachfront rooms are a plus.
The staff is extremely friendly and the overall experience is just the best.
Try it once and you will be back!!!

Room Tip: Best area is16 thru 19 but all rooms are great...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!