“Two Resorts for the Price of One!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #41 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Oranjestad
New York City, New York
“Two Resorts for the Price of One!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The boyfriend and I decided to do Christmas time in Aruba. We stayed at the resort for 4 nights/5days. Overall, we had a relaxing, wonderful stay. Bonus: You can pay for the less expensive Tamarijn, while still being allowed to take advantage of the sister resort, Divi, for no extra charge. We ate at both resort restaurants, viewed entertainment at both, etc. More details below:

The Beach: Beautiful, warm turquoise water. Sand is white, soft, smooth and with nary a rock or sharp shell to mess with your feet.

Weather: Perfect; rainy season but barely rained -- when it did rain, it stopped within 5-10 minutes. It was hot during the day, and comfortably cooler at night. I usually like things "Africa hot" so for me to say it was comfortable at night, is a huge statement.

Food: As far as resort food goes, it was pretty good. I had no complaints.

Activities: They offered a good assortment of activities. We particularly liked: Snuba - good price and super fun. Palm Pleasure ($110)

The Resort: Very colorful; Staff is friendly; Small, Clean; No a-hole bugs/animals. Even THEY seemed to be friendly and non-intrusive ... Room: Not bad (it's not meant to be luxury), Outdated, a bit. I didn't "love" that you can hear almost everything in room next door. I found their standard room to be spacious. We requested a king-sized bed and got it w/o incident. The "in room" safe? - lol - super outdated compared to its more modern, digital counterparts found in other resorts ... At $2/day it's a bit pricey. Every room had either a balcony (if you're on the second floor) or a deck (if you're on the first floor) All views were of the beach no matter where your room was and if you have a room on the first/ground floor, you're RIGHT on the beach. I loved that all the rooms were on the beach so no walking except either right past your back door or down a flight of stairs ... Entertainment: pretty good: The usual consisted of a show, live music, Bingo!, yoga, etc.

The grounds were always clean and there were plenty of different sized pools to choose from. We were able to find a pool that were pretty devoid of people and secluded for a nice relaxing, kid-free, quiet dip ...

Nothing really annoying happened ... No body pressures you to take the "60 minute timeshare tour" ... Water is potable.

Misc: a lot of children but wasn't too bothersome. Divi is a bit more modern in appearance and have "high rise" bldgs, but, Tamarijn is usually cheaper so if the you don't care about the look of the bldg, go with cheaper - hang out at the other facility if you'd like ... close to local shops ... Resort lets you rent bikes for free ... Give out free totes ... Great bang for your buck ... Check-out at 1pm w/o charging extra - possibly longer if your room isn't scheduled for any guests the day you're checking out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

2,034 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Bethany, Ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Aruba is a wonderful, beautiful island but the Tamarijin Hotel would not be the place I would stay on my next trip to Aruba. First and foremost the staff at the Tamarijin need to change their attitude, especially the girls at the concierge desk. I felt as if I was bothering them when I went to make dinner reservations. At one point while make dinner reservations and not ever staying there before I was getting a little confused by the time and restuarant choices so I had to ask twice about one of the times and the girls answer to me was "I just told you the times 2 minutes ago". I didn't need that RUDE answer from her! If she is unhappy with her job them I suggest she find another one. Not to many of the staff members were warm and fuzzy at all. Food was good, I preferred the Red Parrot at the Divi (we ate there twice), also the Itallian Restuarant at the Tamarijin was very good. Rooms where average. The beach was the best part of the vacation. DePalm Tours was wonderful. We had roundtrip transportation to and from the airport with them. The driver gave a little tour on our way to the hotel which was great. Very friendly, informative drivers. We also used Depalm Tours to go JetSkiing. Again the guy at the Tamarijin Sports desk was great and very informative. One place not to go is the Tamarijin Mart! The place is so overpriced and the women in there move slower than turles, not to mention there bad attitudes too. All in all it was a good vacation. I would definitly not stay at the Tamarijin hotel again but I would stay at the Divi. People over there seemed much nicer and freindly especially at the buffet and at the Red Parrot.

Room Tip: Stayed in 1604 which was the perfect location. Close to food and bars!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Woodland, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just returned from 5 night stay at Tamarijn and was well pleased with the overall experience. If you love being steps from the beautiful white sand and clear water, then this is THE place for you! If you require an upscale, large room and gourmet meals, then this will NOT be the place for you. Having said that, our room was adequate and clean, meals and drinks sufficient. Our room was a king room on the end in the 1700 block which was a perfect location. Being on the ground floor, we could open our door and see the sand and water and only walk a few steps before putting our feet in the sand!! Fantastic - could not ask for better than that! It was a short walk to the Bunker Bar which we enjoyed every day -- kudos to Harold the bartender for most of our stay! They will try to make the drinks the way you like them - you just have to ask. Was also a short walk from the restaurants and pool but far enough away to avoid noise from that area. The breakfast buffet was good each day with many choices and eggs can be cooked to your liking. Grenada was absolutely the BEST server! We tried all the a la carte restaurants with the exception of the Palm Grill. All meals at these restaurants were good and service was excellent. If you don't like the sauces or perhaps the side dishes, they can make some changes - again you just have to ask. We did not try the lunch buffet and only tried the dinner buffet once. We were very disappointed in that meal and had to make a trip to Pizza Per Tutti for a sandwich. Most people will enjoy pizza, sandwiches, chicken fingers at Pizza Per Tutti which you can get from 11:00 AM - 1:00 AM. I suggest researching and reading reviews prior to planning your trip so that you know what to expect. If you go with the proper expectations, you will not be disappointed. Also if you take some time when you arrive to get familiar with the location of towel hut, activities center, etc., this will make your stay less stressful. I would definitely stay at the Tam again. We met many people who return year after year. One other point - the ladies at the concierge desk are great. They will help you with all your questions, dinner reservations and excursions. Hats off to Iris and Sol. You just have to tell them what you really want and they will do their best to make it happen. LOVED Aruba!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic uncrowned beach. Very friendly helpful staff. Buffett food was fine, though really only ate breakfast there with the other restaurants being easy to reserve. Liked all the restaurants. Not fine dining but good variety of good food. Easy to get drinks and food at the bars. Really liked the sandpiper at the Divi. Wished it would have stayed open later. The shuttles were very easy to take and were timely. You really only need the shuttle to take the trip to the Divi or Casino. We really liked that we could also use the pools at the Dutch Village.
Our only real issue, was a sewery smell that was present from time to time ( most days around 5 and 7, shower time) at the back of our building area 16-18. The shower presented no concern, just put a towel down. The room was tired, but comfortable, everything worked.
The resort was a perfect size and speed for us.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am writing this from the resort as we speak. After reading all the great reviews of this resort on this website I was expecting a lot more. What are you guys smoking? Besides the beach front there isn't much good to report. I feel like I'm living out of my car. The rooms are so small and without the basic amenities of a coffee maker and a fridge with some drinks. We have another few days here so I will write a more detailed review after the trip. Just wanted to warn people not to book this place for their vacation. Wish someone had of warned me!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Philadelphia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked my vacation plan early May 2012 for April 2013 and saved about $1200 dollars per couple there was 2 of us. American Airlines $2400 a couple versus $4600 quite a savings! The maid service is 1 of the best I have ever had room was spotless every day!! All of the staff workers where very friendly and if you had a problem they took care of it for you too. Being that you get 2 resorts for the price of 1 was really nice to and the shuttles to beach and restaurant's were a plus too. All of the food I ate in buffets or reservations were very good too. The Divi Aruba cost more than the Tamarijn Aruba but no comparison as the Tamarijn Aruba was better. If you drink seemed weak asked they will add more to it but I only needed maybe 3 drinks for the whole week that I had to ask for more. The server's at the buffet's did 1 heck of a job and were deserving of a little tip every time! The ocean beach was soft sandy white, with beautiful shades of blue, my only complained was I saw nothing snorkeling in the water except small schools of little fish but it was a good workout The rooms were nice and cold if you wanted raise the temperature as there was a nice ceiling fan too. small frig was nice and bathroom was large with large mirrors. I loved the free bikes as I rode into town to the shops without any problems and up to Eagle beach, Palm beach if I had more time that day. there was a bike lane going north but going into town you need to ride on side walks. One can bargain a little on the price at the huts by the Cruise ship dock's I only did the 1/2 a day Island tour with El Tour's company. I also used the El Tours for my transfers to and from hotel airport as they were $7.00 $14.00 per person r/t cheaper and gave you a 10% discount on the tours too! Wendall for El Tours was a blast and knew his Island very good pointing out a lot of what Aruba had to offer. I will put photo's on when I get them made! I have been to many Islands in the Caribbean and Mexico, I may have another 1 as my favorite but Aruba is 1 of the cleanest, cheap no, but like I did, one can get it with all inclusive plan for $1200. per couple less !!

Room Tip: chose the ocean view deluxe 1st or 2nd floor They are the corner rooms on all buildings I enjoyed th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

spent a week with 5 other couples. the beach is outstanding as is access to it. the rooms while being absolute beach front are okay with soem work needed to minor items ( shower head in our room was poor and water went from hot to cold and Vice versa all the time ) > staff is friendly and service oriented and Aruba of course is an incerdible island to visit

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!