“VERY GOOD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #41 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Oranjestad
“VERY GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 week with my family and we had a amazing time. I made plenty of memories and im sure the rest of my family did too. So if you are looking into staying here I would be more than glad to tell you to go. This place is just amazing,I even saw a wild geco just roaming around by the pool, if I got the chance to go there again I defenatly would. So later this year I tried to get my family to go on a cruse to the ABC islands Aruba, berno , and cursou but people said they wernt as good as Aruba was, if you decide to go on your trip then go ahead you will have the time of your life!!!

• Stayed March 2012

2,138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I took a quick 3-night getaway in November 2012 - this was our first visit to Aruba. Overall it was a fabulous experience once we figured out how to tweak things. When we arrived we were given a room at the extreme end of the resort (the very last building) - it is a very long walk! Several rooms were being renovated during our stay, but this one obviously hadn't been touched yet. It was pretty shabby and we quickly discovered that the shower leaked right into the bedroom. Way too far from bars and restaurants. We spent one miserable night there and asked to be moved in the morning. The desk staff was extremely accomodating and moved us immediately - even offered to have someone do it for us,which we declined as we didn't have that much luggage. Our second room was perfect, steps onto the beautiful beach and about in the middle of the group (1800).
We quickly learned to eat at the Divi. Food at the Tamarijn buffet was awful - tasteless, overcooked, horrible. The Divi buffet was much better and MUCH cleaner. Although the hotel pushes their themed restaurants, the food there is even worse. The Italian restaurant was disgusting, Ginger (Asian fusion) wasn't much better. The Red Parrot was ok. They cannot cook fish at all - beef was fantastic.
Despite the disappointing food and our first room, you simply cannot beat the beach! The pool at the Divi was also a lovely spot to be We took advantage of ocean kayaking, but that was about it. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The waitstaff at the restaurants are kind of clueless, but very nice nevertheless.

Bottom line, we would certainly go back. We found plenty to eat at the Divi buffet (fresh fruit and salads). Theyalso did a good job with poultry - just stay away from the fish.

Room Tip: All rooms face the water. If you want to be close enough to take advantage of restaurants/bars, but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Troy, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our family of four stayed at the Tamarijn in December 2012 for 10 days. It was the first time taking our children (7 and 10) to the Caribbean, so our primary concern was that we be right on the beach. The Tamarijn is located on the best beach I think I've ever seen. And walking right out on to it from our first floor room was absolutely perfect for our vacation needs. That being said, here are the pros and cons of the Tamarijn:

PROS:
1. The Beach (Location, location, location). Not to be redundant, but the beach here is amazing. Other reviewers have complained of having difficulty getting beach chairs. We never encountered a shortage and were never without a lounge chair for the entire day. The beach was clean, spacious and well-maintained. We loved it and spent nearly every second of our trip on the beach or in the ocean. It was spectacular.
2. The All-Inclusive. It's really nice to just arrive and forget about it. There were plenty of food and drink options available day and night. The kids enjoyed being able to just wander up to a bar and order a shirley temple or soda pop whenever they felt like it, etc, etc. We loved the AI feature.
3. Room Cleanliness. The housekeeping staff takes a great deal of pride in their work. The room was spotless every day and their ability to eradicate every last grain of sand is truly amazing. We only had one issue with our room in the whole 10 days... a pillowcase that didn't get changed, and the housekeeping staff was so horrified at the oversight that 2 housekeepers and the housekeeping manager all showed up to fix it and apologize.
4. Kids club. Our children LOVED going to kids club every day. If your kids are into crafts, they will be delighted with this service. They made bead crafts, tie-dyed shirts, paintings and other crafts and also had a couple of movie days. There are not a lot of outdoor activities planned, but that turned out to be okay since it provided the kids a change of pace from the swimming, sunning, kayaking and snorkeling we were doing together as a family every day.

THE CONS:
1. Staff attitude. My husband and I both observed early on that the staff at the Tamarijn all seem unhappy to be there. While no one was ever outright rude enough to warrant complaint, no one was happy, friendly or particularly eager to help either. Buffet servers appeared at first to deliver drinks and were never seen again. Our kids ran to the bars to get all of our drink refills. The only time we saw a server a second time was when my husband arrived without a shirt for lunch (not realizing this was a no-no in the buffet area). The waiter was on him in a hot second to send him out for a shirt. After that, our joke became that if we needed service, he was going to have to strip in order to get a server's attention. The concierge frowned and rolled her eyes at every guest who approached. It was just not a particularly happy place. For a few days, it was a minor issue. By day 10, it was wearing us all down to be dependent on such an unwilling staff.
2. Room size. Our two-queen-bed room was tiny. There was clearance of about 2 feet around each bed and that was it. Our family of 4 felt jam-packed into that tiny space and preferred not to all be in the room at the same time except to sleep.
3. Shower. Many others have mentioned it, but the open-shower-stall setup is ridiculous. The bathroom flooded with every shower we took. Hot water was also disappointingly hit-and-miss.
4. The Food. The Italian restaurant was just awful and everything we got there tasted like Chef Boyardee. The Asian restaurant (Ginger) was average and The Red Parrot was the best. The Palm Grill (where you cook your own food on the table) is fun in theory, but it is an open-air venue (ie, not air conditioned) and it's rather unpleasant to sit out on a 90-degree evening around a red hot, gas-powered dining table. We ate at all of the restaurants several times (except the Italian one... yuck). The buffet was decent with the exception of the desserts, which were tiny and unappetizing - mostly just globs of jello and whipped cream layered in shot glasses.

Room Tip: We were in the 1100-block and found that location to be ideal. It was central to EVERYTHING (includ...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Merion Station, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I just got back from a week- long trip with a friend to the Tamarijn. While having a room that is literally on the beach was fabulous, the amenities and service were the poorest I have ever seen. I am shocked by all the people who rave about this hotel.

Let me walk you through some of the highlights of my experience. About a dozen people arrived with me from the airport to the hotel on a Sunday afternoon. They had exactly ONE person at the desk to check people in. I mentioned this to the bell captain, and when the line was down to three people, another person moseyed out from the back to help. Not a good start.

The room had no toiletries. It comes with a half-refrigerator that was completely empty, and which barely kept things cold. I called the front desk to ask if I could get some bottled water. Nope, we don't have bottled water. Can I buy some toothpaste (which I had forgotten to bring)? You can buy bottled water and toothpaste at the gift shop. Great, where is it? Right near the front desk, except it closes at noon on Sunday. Sigh.

What else? My TV remote control did not work. Despite several calls, they never fixed or replaced it. If I wanted to watch TV, I had to borrow my friend's remote. It was hardly worth the effort, anyway. Although they have satellite television, the quality of the TV picture in the rooms was what you would expect if you had a $10 pair of rabbit ears for an antenna and were time-travelling back to 1965. My digital clock had the wrong time on it. When I tried to adjust it, I discovered that I could change the hour setting but not the minutes. Cleverly, I waited until 9 PM, unplugged the clock, plugged it back it, and with the time now flashing 12:00, I quickly set the time to 9. Problem solved. Also, my nightstand had what looked like sand on it. I brushed it off, but a few hours later it magically reappeared. I came to realize that the plaster ceiling was disintegrating over that corner of the room. Once again, several mentions of this to the front desk throughout the week brought no response.

How about dining at Tamarijn? I have to say that the food quality for dinner at the on-location restaurants was decent. The service, however, leaves something to be desired. An unfortunate recurring theme is that they would bring you your appetizer and salad together, and when you were halfway through them, they would bring you your entree. One couple at an adjoining table, obviously wise to this distinctive serving style, told us that they only order one course at a time. Live and learn.

The breakfast buffet was a lot worse. The quality of food was not so great -- the juice from the dispensers tasted like Hi-C, and the scrambled eggs tasted like something, but not like eggs. Also, while the servers replenished certain items, like pancakes, throughout the morning, other things like fresh fruit were put out once, and that's it. My friend had to practically beg one of the servers to root around in the back to bring her an orange. You snooze, you lose-- that seems to be the Tamarijn's motto.

The icing on the cake, as it were, occurred on the day before I left. I wanted to print out my boarding pass, so I went over to the internet cafe. It was closed, so I asked at the ever-helpful front desk if there was someplace I could print it out. They called their sister hotel, the Divi, where we also have the privilege of being able to use their facilities, and I was told that I could get it done there. So I walked over to the Divi, and asked the woman at their front desk where the internet cafe was located. She pointed it out, but somewhat indignantly told me that I couldn't just use it. What do you mean, I said. She said that you have to pay for it. I said, ok how much? She said, you have to buy a token, $2.50 for every 10 minutes. I said, ok I will buy one token. She said, sorry, we don't have any tokens. Dunbstruck, I said, you mean to tell me that your internet cafe is open but I can't use it without a token, and you don't have any tokens? She said, that's right, come back tomorrow, we might have some then. I said to her, listen, I need to print out my boarding pass. Is there anyplace in this hotel that I can do that? And she replied, oh the internet cafe won't do you any good. We don't have a printer. I started to laugh and asked her, what kind of hotel is this, anyway? She kind of puffed out her chest and proclaimed, we think we are the very best!

In summary, if you ever have the urge to pay Ph.D. prices for G.E.D. level services, I highly recommend that you make your reservation at the Tamarijn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

So we decided to have a desitination wedding. We did all the reseach we could...and found that the Tamarijn and Divi resort was the best fit for all different aspects of our big week that we were looking for in a resort (on paper). The rooms are literally RIGHT on the beach, they are very clean, the beds are very comfortable (we pretty much had to get a new mattress when we got home bc we could tell the difference big time), and the dirty bananas (frozen cocktail) are delicious - and became our groups signature drink for the week!

Even with all of these great aspects, we had no idea, how lucky we were.

This resort, its AMAZING FAMILY TYPE STAFF, and everyone involved, made not only our stay, but all 110 of our guests stay, and our wedding, the absolute BEST TIME we have ever had in our lives! I am not exaggerating and our guests would agree their stay was more than perfect! Having such a large group seemed daunting and slightly overwhelming, but the Tamarijn was ready -smiling - and awaiting their arrival... the head of reservations, Lisa, who I will probably send Christmas cards forthe rest of my life, is so nice to work with, she made sure we were set, and she helped us to plan and execute each task that we needed to get done for our group before all of our guests arrived- from placing the welcome gifts we had for them in each of their 50 rooms, to setting up extra people to make sure the big groups got checked in quickly after their long journey from the states, and calling us periodically throughout the week, to see if we were enjoying ourselves and if there was anything else we could use! She introduced us to Kathling,(also so sweet!), who helped our guests with everything from checking in and making sure they had the room they wanted, to getting them anything else they needed randomly throughout the week!!
As each group arrived, they were greeted with open arms, water bottles and cocktails in the breezeway, which immediately put a smile on each one of their faces! The events at night were a great way for our friends and family to be entertained, dance their sandals off, and truly let loose on their vacation. The amazing and friendly staff went out of their way to make sure everyone was having a great time. I wish I had the ability to tell every single person (that interacted that week with us) how much I appreciated their help, their positive attitude, and a big thank you for making our big day (week) PERFECT!!!!!
We used the wedding planning team associated with The Tamarijn and Divi, Aruba Weddings for You, and the coordinator of the banquets and events INGE VAN ROON WAS SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!! She just began with the resorts in September. My husband (fiancee then) and I would have had no idea if she hadnt of told us! Her impeccable ability to organize, plan, and carry out our wedding- which was all over the place- was impressive! The absolutely gorgeous, incredibly detailed and seamless event that was our Wedding could not have been more of exactly what I had in mind- the food couldnt have tasted better, the music was perfect, and the party was unstoppable! Our family & our friends had a blast- and it really just sealed the deal on how happy they were with the trip overall!
If you are planning a wedding or just looking for somewhere that is a great place to stay in Aruba, The Tamarijn is the place you should book (or even the Divi- its right at the other end although the rooms are a little bigger and slightly nicer- they are not right on the sand like the Tamarijns). I have been to the High rise section of Aruba (I visited friends at the Beach Club), the inside of the hotels are nice, but who wants to stay inside during their trip to ARUBA?! You also have to cram onto the beach & you will never get a spot up front- The Tamarijn has the biggest beach, plenty of space, and it makes your vacation so much more relaxing and enjoyable!!! Anyhow, no matter if you are a couple looking to have an awesome place to stay, a family who wants their kids to enjoy themselves and still be able to have some adult stuff to do, or just going with friends to have a grown folk spring break, the Tamarijn is the place you should stay!

Room Tip: We loved opening our door and walking ontothe beach, but my parents loved leaving their balcony door...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Have stayed at the Tam for 3 years and am going back in June and can't wait I absolutely love it the people are lovely they always welcome us back 'home' and after a ten hour flight its so nice to see such happy smily faces the food is lovely in all the times I've been I haven't had one bad meal the buffet restaurant has a wide selection of breakfast lunch and dinner options so something for everyone you do have to book the a la carte restaurants in advance ( love them all yum yum ) but I've never not got a table and as you do in most restaurants sometimes there is a wait but you're only looking at 2-3 minutes at most the evening entertainment is ok,the beaches are stunning you walk out of your room and ten steps later you're on the beach umbrellas and sun beds are always available,the rooms are spotless the maids do. Great job keeping them all clean and tidy and my daughters love the little displays they do with her dollies etc and swan towels
Everything about this island is great and can't find any faults at all
I know what one person likes another may not but for me and my family it's perfect
Roll on June !!!

Room Tip: Low floor rooms are great if you have little ones when booking ask for 1500 or 1600 numbers as they...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ocean City, Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Tamarijn - Divi All Inclusive gets better with each visit. The management continually updates the rooms. The rooms are basic and very clean. The food and service in the restaurants was superb. Every meal we had was top shelf. The breakfast buffets are extensive. You will love the pizzas and sandwiches for afternoon or evening snacks.

The staff couldn't do more to make you feel welcome. Our waitress at the Tam, Renada, was very caring and an asset to the resort. Her husband, Renaldo was accommodating like his wife. Bartenders Robertico and Gilbert are always upbeat and amazingly remember everyone's name. We look them up every day for wonderful drinks. Ronnie is another bartender at the Tam who will go out of his way to please you. Yal Do at the Red Parrot will go way beyond the extra mile to make your visit enjoyable. This resort has some of the finest waiters, waitresses, and bartenders in Aruba. This we can say from experience having been nearly everywhere on the island.

The evening entertainment was very enjoyable and seemed improved from past years. It was perfect for all ages as well.

We prefer to stay at the Tamarijn since every room is oceanfront. Just walk out the door and you are on the sandy beach. The beach is clean and never crowded. There is nearly a mile of beach between the two hotels in the complex.

The casino has been remodeled and is inviting. A new shopping area has been added as well.

The hotel location is perfect. It is near town on the bus route. Taxis and rental cars are available at the hotel.

You can't beat the Tamarijn - Divi for the best all-around travel deal on Aruba, especially for families. We can't wait for our 11th visit. Enjoy your visit to one friendly and "Happy Island."

Room Tip: The higher numbered buildings are a longer walk to the restaurants. Complimentary golf cart shuttle...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!