My husband and I took a quick 3-night getaway in November 2012 - this was our first visit to Aruba. Overall it was a fabulous experience once we figured out how to tweak things. When we arrived we were given a room at the extreme end of the resort (the very last building) - it is a very long walk! Several rooms were being renovated during our stay, but this one obviously hadn't been touched yet. It was pretty shabby and we quickly discovered that the shower leaked right into the bedroom. Way too far from bars and restaurants. We spent one miserable night there and asked to be moved in the morning. The desk staff was extremely accomodating and moved us immediately - even offered to have someone do it for us,which we declined as we didn't have that much luggage. Our second room was perfect, steps onto the beautiful beach and about in the middle of the group (1800).
We quickly learned to eat at the Divi. Food at the Tamarijn buffet was awful - tasteless, overcooked, horrible. The Divi buffet was much better and MUCH cleaner. Although the hotel pushes their themed restaurants, the food there is even worse. The Italian restaurant was disgusting, Ginger (Asian fusion) wasn't much better. The Red Parrot was ok. They cannot cook fish at all - beef was fantastic.
Despite the disappointing food and our first room, you simply cannot beat the beach! The pool at the Divi was also a lovely spot to be We took advantage of ocean kayaking, but that was about it. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The waitstaff at the restaurants are kind of clueless, but very nice nevertheless.
Bottom line, we would certainly go back. We found plenty to eat at the Divi buffet (fresh fruit and salads). Theyalso did a good job with poultry - just stay away from the fish.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad