“Paradise!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba All Inclusive

You added Divi Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #45 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have just come back from staying at the Divi after spending 2 weeks there, with our friends. The beach is paradise, we have stayed at a few Caribbean hotels and this by far has the best beach. Also this is the first time that check in was so easy on the coach on the way to the hotel avoiding waiting to be booked in once you arrive. The rooms are in need of a little tlc but if you can look passed this as you are only sleeping there the hotel is perfect for a nice relaxing holiday if the use of the hotel next door if you need something a bit more lively. We used all the restaurants and by far our favourite one was the Red Parrot although we did not have a bad meal the whole time we were there. Special mention has to go to Claudia for looking after us at the bar we will miss her!! The only criticism we have is that there was not enough water supplied, the water was only available in the bars at various times from about 10.30 onwards which when it's starts to get hot you need to drink. You can drink the water so we topped up some bottles but it got warm very quickly. Just think that it should be available earlier if you are on the beach, even though you could get it at the breakfast bar it would be easier to have it readily available especially as we spent most of our time near the Sandpiper bar. It was also nice to be able to walk about outside the complex without any trouble. On the whole If you look past these little things you will have a great holiday and I would recommend this hotel instead of the high rise area in Palm beach where you are fighting for a sun bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony rather than the rooms by the beach as more private.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
hockley, essex, united kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

lovely hotel. good food. safe a bit small and had to pay $2 per day. fridge in room but not stocked. nothing was too much trouble for the housekeeping staff and any problems were dealt with very quickly. loved the easy check in on the coach so no hanging around at reception, beautiful beach to just walk along for miles in the morning. lizards were entertaining not to mention the land crab just outside our room. beautiful location. bathroom a bit shabby but perfectly functional. had a really great time.

Room Tip: the rooms of vista 11 in the 400's odd number have a smashing view of the beach
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Divi All Inclusive for a week in September with my significant other. We are now in our late 20s/early 30s. I consider myself a fairly seasoned traveler and take most of the reviews I read on here with a grain of salt. I hate to say it, but most of the opinions I don't really value. Who are these people?

We arrived at the airport and quickly found DePalm Tours, who brought us to the hotel. I recommend them to transport you back and forth unless you want to rely on a taxi. We were given bottles of water and welcomed at the check-in desk. Yes, there is a $2 per day fee for the safe.

We were transported to our room via shuttle after check in, around 3pm.

Room: We were in the Casita section on the end next to the shuttle path and Veranda pool. That was a plus and a minus. We could hear the shuttles driving by late and early. We could also hear rowdy people in the pool occasionally at night. This pool/jacuzzi is open "around the clock." That only happened once or twice. I mean seriously - yes you are on vacation, but your kids don't need to be in the pool at 11pm. It's very windy and the "Service please"/"Privacy please" sign kept blowing off our door.

The safe isn't very big, not large enough to fit our two iPads. Just keep that in mind if you're concerned. It fit our wallets, passports, and cell phones in the safe. The safe has an actual key with a lanyard. I just kept it in my beach bag.

The room is dated as many people have indicated but I knew that coming in. The king size bed was hard but didn't bother me. My boyfriend did get a backache. There is a sitting area with a table, two chairs and a couch. The patio has a small table and two chairs. There is a "safety bar" on the sliding glass door to keep someone from opening it from the outside. The bathroom is small but updated. I was skeptical on reading about the shower, but it really is poorly designed. The glass wall doesn't come out far enough and water gets all over the floor. I haven't mastered the art of a quick shower. The floor mat doesn't even come close to being sufficient for soaking up the water so plan on using at least one of your towels. We had enough towels and they were always replaced. There is hand soap and bar soap as well as two dispensers in the shower, one labeled shampoo and the other unlabeled. There is a clothes line in the shower to dry your wet garments.

Beach: The beach is amazing. It is huge and the pictures really don't even do it justice. The water is warm, crystal clear and beautiful Caribbean blue. Towards the end of the week, the water did get rough and a bit of seaweed got stirred up, perhaps due to the hurricane? It is windy, but if it wasn't windy, the heat would be unbearable. The sand rarely got blown with the wind. The water gets deep quickly. There are fish in the water, moreso down towards the Tam. There are very few rocks and little seaweed. I found it was rockier down in front of the Tam. Bring out some bread and the fish will surround you, if that sort of thing doesn't freak you out. There are barracudas and their babies. There are large birds, not sure if they're pelicans or what but they dive into the water to get the fish. There are plenty of chairs on the beach and we never had an issue finding a palapa near our room. People do reserve the chairs and palapas, but I think that's more of a problem at the pool where the space and chairs are limited.

There are several pools. The main pool at the Divi was surprisingly small and busy into the evening. We occasionally went to the Veranda pool because it was close to our room but typically spent our time at the beach. We have pools at home - we don't have an amazing beach at home! If those pools are busy, take a walk over to the Tamarijn. There are a few pools in the back that weren't very busy. The pool water is warm. Same temperature as the jacuzzi. There is no swim up bar, but there are bars very close to the main pools.

Food: Disclaimer: I love food. I am not picky. We eat out several times per week, from fast food to fancy restaurants and I love it all. I really liked the food here. I always found lots of food to eat. I'm not sure how some of these people were so horrified by the food. The breakfast buffet had an egg station, fresh fruit, cereal, pancakes, french toast, waffles, sausage, bacon, corned beef hash, bagels, English muffins... what do these critics eat for breakfast at home?

For lunch we either did the buffet, Coco Grill or Sandpiper Grill. Coco has pizza, sandwiches, paninis all made to order and the Sandpiper Grill has my favorite - ham, gouda and pineapple sandwich or burgers/hot dogs.

We ate at the Red Parrot. Had great food and excellent service. The second reservation we had was at Ginger - high anticipated. Unfortunately, this was the only negative point of our week. We were seated quickly in a fairly empty restaurant at 6:30. We waited 45 minutes, received two rounds of drinks but the waitress never came back to take our order. Tables around us were seated and got their appetizers but our waitress seemed to vanish. We got up and left. Discouraged, we ate at the buffet for the rest of the trip. If you really can't find anything you like at one buffet, try the other resort. There are differences in the menus each night. There are theme nights at the buffet - Mexican, Mediterranean, etc. There is always fish, carving station, soups, salads, etc. Although smaller than buffets at other resorts I have been to, I thought there was a good variety.

There is no room service, but you can get food at Pizza per Tutti at the Tam or Coco Grill at the Divi until 1am. There is a greater variety at Pizza per Tutti.

Entertainment: We went to bed pretty early so we didn't see a lot of the entertainment. There was music in the evenings on most nights - a saxophonist, female singer with a guitarist, a mariachi band. I don't really go to resorts expecting Broadway shows every night.

Bars: There are several bars. Make sure you check out the bar at the far end of the Tamarijn. It is like a tree house over the water with awesome views. We usually spent our evenings at the Tamarijn to take in the sunset. I think that's the best spot to take pictures and where the most "action" was.

We drank a few strawberry daiquaris before we figured out there was no alcohol in there. Maybe it depends on who makes it. We fixed that by asking for rum - if you want even more rum, ask for a float of rum. Also, in response to people who say they don't get premium liquor - ask for it! No, they don't have King Louis, but they have decent liquor there. I drink bourbon and wasn't expecting them to have it, but they did. The draft beers are Balashi, Miller Light, and Heineken.

Service: I don't remember encountering any rude employees. They definitely run on a different time than I'm use to in New York - just be a little patient. Transition to island time. Compared to other islands we've been to, while they are friendly and helpful, the workers aren't as eager to please. We did tip here and there but never felt like it was expected.

Grounds: I never saw any garbage on the beach. Maybe a random straw here or there. There is security that walks around. There are many birds and lizards. You would have thought they were 14 foot crocodiles to some people. The lizards aren't going to attack or hurt you, just leave them alone. They're more afraid of you than you are of them.

What else: If you want to leave the resort, head over towards the casino. We didn't gamble but did go in for a look. There are slot machines which are open all the time and tables that open at night. There are stores to buy sunscreen and other things you may have forgotten next to the casino. The prices are similar to the gift shop at the resort. There is a coffee shop, Dunkin Donuts, a wine/piano bar and an Asian restaurant, also called Ginger but with a different menu. Down the street a little farther towards the other resorts is a couple more restaurants. There is a pizza place that has live music in the evening. We also left the resort one night and visited several other places which I will review separately. The taxis have a set rate, at least per the Aruba magazine we received at the airport, but we were charged two separate rates.

We took a look at the high rise area, and our beach was infinitely better. Much more room.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Divi. Only downside was our visit to Ginger and the location of our room. The beach is FABULOUS. We would return to this resort.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

As my title suggest, this place has a lot of lizards of various sizes roaming around so if you don't like lizards then this is not the place for you. We found them to be quite cute and entertaining.
We have just returned from a week at the Divi all inclusive and thoroughly enjoyed our time there.Would just like to mention a few things that others may find useful.
First of all we were impressed with the check in procedure which was done on the transfer coach so that we didn't have to queue at reception but were told e could just head straight to the bar for a much needed drink.
Our room was nice and spacious and kept well cleaned by the housekeeping staff. The bath and shower were a bit on the small side but not too bad.
The bed was large and comfortable.
There was a fridge in the room but we were disappointed to find it was empty. Other all inclusive places we have been to provided a supply of drinks in the room but not at the Divi. In fact having a fridge in the room seemed rather pointless.
The hairdryer was broken but once we told reception a new one was provided.
The toilet cistern had a tendency to overflow but again this was fixed quickly once we reported
We were pleased to find that the tap water is safe for drinking and there are places around the complex where you can get drink of water. There was an ice machine outside the building we were in which we found useful too.
The beach is beautiful and there are plenty of sunbeds and shades. Also plenty of sunbeds round the pool area although not a lot of shade there (no parasols at all just gazebo type areas). Towels for pool and beach are provided.
Public area toilets are situated near the Coco grill bar.
Food was quite good. We ate mostly in the buffet but did go to the Red Parrot on evening which was nice and also we ventured up to the Tamarjin via the shuttle service to eat at the Paparazzi Italian restaurant which we really enjoyed,
Evening entertainment was low key and good i.e. steel drum band, limbo, sax player. etc.
The staff were, without exception, very friendly and helpful.
We were somewhat surprised to be presented with a bill at the end of our stay for use of the in room safe as we assumed this was included in the cost. Be aware that you will be charged $2 a day to use the safe. Also I should point out that it isn't a very big safe so no room for laptops etc.
Our flight home was delayed by 6 hours and we were allowed to continue using the all inclusive facilities for several hours after we had checked out and were given the use of a room to freshen up in before boarding the coach for the airport.
All in all we had a lovely week here and hope to return at some time in the future for another holiday in the sun.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had a great time at the Divi All Inclusive! The beach is beautiful! We would walk down the beach to the Tam for snorkel gear and then snorkel back to the Divi. We would see thousands of fish and one day a huge Manta Ray swam along the beach right beside me! We went on a couple excursions and we had a great time at both of them. Snorkeling near the ship wrecks was the best! So many beautiful fish right at your fingertips! The restaurants were great and the buffet was really good as well. The drinks were always good and the bartenders were nice too. The service @ the Divi was very good. From the time that we walked in until the time that we left. Everyone was super friendly! There was a show or a DJ every night also. We could party or relax whenever we wanted. We met a lot of fun couples (shout out to the Detroit Crew) and closed the resort down a few nights! I would definitely recommend the resort and Aruba to friends and family. Vacation (and life) is what you make of it. If you have an open mind and want to have fun, then you will have fun, no matter what. So don't even read the bad reviews. It's not worth it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vista II building and it was clean and comfortable. The view from our room was awe...
Boston, MA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I am going to come out and say that before I left I read the reviews about the Divi AI on TripAdvisor and I was beyond nervous! However, my fears were gone the second we checked in. We were greeted by Lorenzo at the Bell Desk and he was amazing. He held our bags and while we waited in line to check in he brought us over two, ice cold bottled waters on a platter. We arrived at noon so had 3 hours before check in. The front desk was AMAZING and super friendly. Even though we were early our vacation started right then and there. We were given our bracelets and told to go have lunch and check back in about an hour for our room. After checking everything out and eating at the buffet we headed over to the casino to check that out. When we came back a bell man approached us and asked if our room was ready. We weren't sure so he got our room number from the desk, checked it out, came back, told us it was ready and that he would meet us there with our bags-2 hours before official check in! We stayed in Villa II, room 506 and the room was nice! The beds are insanely comfortable and the A/C was perfect! No mold or anything in the bathroom which people keep complaining about. We were on the 2nd floor and had a garden view. However, once on the deck, if you looked to the left all your see is the Caribbean! The beach is about a 2.5 second walk from the building! The rest of our trip has been just as great. Is the buffet food great, of course not! It's a buffet, but it's good. We ate at the Red Parrot most nights and the waiter from MA (Framingham), I think his name is Harold, WAS AMAZING! He made us feel like VIP's every night. The rest of the staff there is friendly and so helpful! We also ate at Papparazzi and Palm Grill. Food at the Palm Grill is great but you do cook it yourself and it can get hot at the table. Having drinks at the bar at the Tam while watching the sunset each night has been a highlight of our trip. The golf cart trolley that operates between the Alhambra Casino, the Divi AI and the Tam AI is awesome! Can't beat the free drinks and WE NEVER, NOT ONCE, had a problem getting one of the palapa's on the beach. We were not at the beach before 11am EVER and we also got one right near our Villa-EVERY DAY. I can't comment on the pool because we never went. It looked nice but why swim at a pool when you have the amazing beach! I'm sorry, but the people that are complaining on here probably complain about everything else in life. We still have one more night before our trip is over but so far so WONDERFUL. If you are a foodie or used to staying at the Ritz, yes, you'll probably be disappointed. If you are just looking to relax by the beach, enjoy some drinks and swim in an amazing ocean, you will enjoy your stay! Service is great, maid service is great. Don't let all the complainers scare you away from the Divi!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockledge, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Room updated and excellent maid service room 606 at Lanai Ocean front building.
The divi is about the beach and relaxation, take advantage of the spa coupons and services, I was treated like a queen. If you get the couples massage get it in the spa (too sandy from the trade winds) down on the beach. Citrus mani/pedi is awesome!
Food: yes this is an all you can eat cruise ship dinning on land... the buffet always had something we enjoyed even though the food was mass produced it was fine. Reservations were not hard to get a day or two in advance...the red parrot: get the tuna app! the steak and pork: very good. The ginger: try the "cold" app chicken & beef salads, excellent. The paparazzi: try the pork with the lemon caper sauce omg good! or the spinach raviolli.... the spaghetti was just average like the buffet... there is always something to eat we were full for 7 days! But I would rate the overall dinning experience as 3 stars.
The amenities: we mostly snorkeled, floated, sunbathed, napped and lounged around, definitely enjoyed the late nite shows and entertainment. If you like activities the kayaks and wind-sail stuff was easily available, as well as excursions... we took a "Mexican" el-cheapo tour and have some great LMFAO tales.... use the concierge service for this! I would recommend (if I went back) to rent your own jeep, go at your own pace, get a map, explore the dessert side, national park, caves, and isolated beaches. DO NOT miss out on the natural pool(bring water and snorkel gear) it is breathtaking and fun, if you find my hubby's Oakley glasses at the bottom contact me :) !LOL!
We did some shopping in downtown area ... ok but hot!!!! flea market had the best deals... we did get gelato at Lecca Lecca (divine!!!) and oh... swarvoski!!!! (bday present time!)
The service: I don't know why tipping is expected by some employees for decent service, as it is "all inclusive"... the negative reviews on this topic are on point. We did tip some for outstanding service... thank you Curtis, Rafael, and Juan!!! But for every outstanding employee there were 2 slackers (aprox ratio), unfortunately I did feel like I was"burdening them" to wait on me sometimes!!!.... this should be addressed by Divi....
Overall we enjoyed a week of relaxation and fun... IDK if it was worth the all inclusive price, as a bartender there was no top shelf or premium liquors (this was a problem for me)... only DRAFT beer (Miller lite or the local beer) and the best brand they carried was Absolute for vodka, the wine was full of sulfates and I could not drink it without an instant bad reaction. the champagne was ok, just ask for it! Basically the bar just carries "call brand at best!"... I did get a bottle of Belvedere at the duty free shop at the airport! thank goodness.
Transportation: taxis are cheap and air conditioned. We used wix tours (Marco your the best!) for our airport transfer, excellent service, highly recommended! don't wait for a cheap taxi in line and in the heat at the airport!! Taxi round trip $50 + tip, Wix transfer $80 round trip for couples
I would return to Aruba possibly just to go the the natural pool again... but would likely stay somewhere else and eat out more... not "all inclusive". We are the type that enjoy the dinning experience and tasting the local cuisine at multiple restaurants.
Pictures to follow.

Room Tip: Stay in ocean front not ocean view, we had friends staying in the Vista 2 building first floor, the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino
Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellari...
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 4,185 reviews
Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort
Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclu...
#22 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 4,080 reviews
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 4,355 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Arub...
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 3,196 reviews

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!