“Would go back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba All Inclusive

You added Divi Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #45 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Would go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was my first time to Aruba. Divi All Inclusive was a great place to stay. Overall I would return.
Staff: Brenda at the excursion desk was amazing. She is funny, personable and helpful. She followed up with us on how our excursions went. Thank you Brenda! The rest of the staff at Divi were pleasant and helpful. Our housekeeping was excellent and even checked with us later in the afternoon when we had declined service in the morning.
Food: The food was ok, not cruise ship quality but decent. It was typical buffet style food. The pizza at the bar was excellent! The bartenders make great drinks. We went to the Red Parrot one night and it was ok, nothing to exciting, but the food is not why I went to Aruba!
Room: ( Garden View) The room showed some age but it is an island so I expected some wear. Our room was acceptable. If I were to return I would get an Oceanfront room. It was nice to have TV ( we caught up on pre-season football, when it was just too hot to be outside!)
Beach: The beach is clean and beautiful. We snorkeled right out in front of our resort. We walked a large stretch of beach and it was just as clean. The beach never felt to crowed although there were a lot of people out. The Cabana's went quick but we always found one somewhere. The sunset's will take your breath away.
Give this resort a chance you will be happy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just returned from 7 nights at Divi Aruba All Inclusive. I had a very relaxing vacation, mostly because of a fairly spectacular beach that is near perfect. In most cases, the service is great with a few stand-outs. For last week in August, the weather was perfect - not a hint of rain. It was plenty breezy.
I booked what was listed as a OCEAN VIEW ROOM. When I checked in, I had no ocean view...but a view of the main lobby and the coffee machine. I voiced my disapproval to three staffers who met my concerns with a shrugged shoulder. I wonder if being a solo traveler had anything to do with the bad view. All things considered, I spent little time in the room so whatevs, right? Except, when you're expecting to open the curtains and see the ocean and instead you see the coffee machine, it's a bummer. On the upside, I could walk from my patio and get coffee whenever I wanted. Glass half full. But, if you book on Expedia with the default "Garden View Room" option and see the tantalizing Upgrade for the "Oceanview Room", maybe don't bother. I don't think it was worth it.
The demographic of the travelers was mostly couples ranging in ages from some mid-20s (presume honeymoon) to older (vacation or anniversary). I'd say it was 40% American/30% British/30% South American (usually Colombian and a smattering of Venezuelans). There were some families...usually it was newborns or toddlers and some teenage kids. There were a few older kids and tweens, altho, there's really not much for kids to do. Not sure how they filled their days. It seemed like I was the only solo traveler.
I was at the "All Inclusive" part which is on one end of the beach (which I think was nicer) and is a 10 minute walk to the Tamarijn side of the resort. I'm not really sure why they maintain it as 2 separate resorts. It seems like all the same thing just two ends of the beach. The Tamarijn side looked to be all ocean view rooms, from what I heard fewer kids but the beach did not look as nice to me.
Food: I did the buffet for most food. Breakfast was great, lots of fresh fruit, an omelette station, cereals, oatmeal and pancakes/waffles. Lunch was a good salad bar, hamburgers/hot dogs. Dinner was pretty basic stuff, pasta, hot fired/to order chicken or seafood dishes, etc. Like any resort they balance they can't go super creative or flavorful to appeal to the masses. All things considered I thought it was a step or two beyond adequate. Bottom-line, you can find something edible and not starve! lol. I did book the Red Parrot one night and it was kind of disappointing. I got "Dutch" Onion Soup which had zero flavor and a seared snapper with garlic mashed and asparagus... Now I don't want to say "TV-Dinner', but it had all the trappings of a dish that wanted to LOOK fancy but was just not doing it... I ended up getting a Pizza at the lobby bar after.
All in all I had a good vacation but mostly because I was fine to spend all day at the beach, keep to myself and do my own thing. I think this wasn't the best situation for a Single and not sure I'd recommend it. People in couples are just oddly suspicious of singles and aren't as social as they might be on their own. Or maybe the resort needed some Canadians-they're always friendly! In any case, while I loved the beach, I'm not sure a repeat visit is in the cards for the future.

Room Tip: Don't book "Oceanview" if you want an Ocean View.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family traveled to Aruba for 6 days. We were a group of four. The resorts is pretty good for what we paid, as everybody agree needs some maintenance or renovation in some areas. The food can be better. The restaurants are pretty good. The Italian, Asia, and the Red Parrot you can eat really good. The good thing about Divi is that you can also go to Tamarijn which is a patner resort. In Tamarijn the buffet is biggest and the food is better and better selections, we never had problems with the food. Also they had in Divi the best pizza ever, ask for Janet and she will make a yummy pizza. You can take a ride which pass almost every 5 to 10 minutes to go to Tamarijn. Also Oranjestad, one of the main town is about 10 minutes from the hotel and in taxi and you only pay $9 dollars. If you want to buy souvenirs at good price, then you must go to Tamarijn resort and ask for Michelin is a wonderful lady from Jamaica who has a business in the right side of the resorts. I promise she will give the best deals possible. She has all kind of souvenirs. In general, we will go back to Aruba.

Room Tip: Ask for Vista building 1 or 2., everything is close to bars, pool, lobby and restaurants. We stayed...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Fantastic location on the best beach in Aruba. We found the buffet food very good compared to other all inclusive hotels, catering for lots of tastes. Quality of food was good and generally always hot. There was always a cooking to order station working at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Paparazzi italian restaurant was good (lobster soup with brandy & beef with ravioli is great!) Also enjoyed the asian restaurant - "Ginger". Our first 2 visits to The Red Parrot restaurant were good but the 3rd visit was disappointing - we were rushed and made to feel unwelcome. Other than this we found all the staff very freindly and helpful. - They all work very hard but still stay cheerful! We had no problems booking tables at the restaurants, sometimes getting a booking less than 2 days in advance.
The pool area is very nice and kept clean. Bars and facilities very good. The beach is beautiful and right up to the hotel area.
We stayed in Vista 1 with a sea and garden view. This was peaceful and private. The room was spacious with a big bed and seating area. The bathroom was ok but rather dated and in need of upgrading, but servicable. Everything was kept lovely and clean.
No tea/coffee making facilities in room - take your own travel kettle. (Water is safe to drink so no need to buy any.) There is a fridge in the room but this is not stocked with anything. A safe is avaiable at $2 per day. Internet access is very expensive but free Wi Fi is available in some bars/cafes in Oranjestad and high rise areas.
Location of hotel is good - only a bus or taxi ride away from Oranjestad or the high rise area. It was very safe to explore the island independendtly which we did by car hire. You can see the Island in a day but will need to book a jeep safari to see the national park area which is off road driving.
Good bar service and any drink you want. Snack bars also available throughout the day.
Beach towels available daily and changed at request during the day.
Aruba is a windy island so be careful to apply sun cream regularly as you can forget how strong the sun is due to the breeze.
Also went to Zee Rover seafood restaurant one lunch time - a brilliant experience eating the catch or the day at a reasonable price. Also had one great evening meal out in Oranjestad at Driftwood restaurant - also specialising in seafood.
Evening entertainment is varied and alternates with The Tamarijn.
We were glad that we stayed at the Divi and not The Tamarijn which is busier, with more activities going on. (Probably better if you have children to keep amused.) But facilities are availalble to all inclusive guests at both parts.
We had a wonderfull holiday and would return again if we get chance.

Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Visited 8/7 -8/14 for our 10th visit...we like this resort....saw many familiar faces and got many welcome backs from various staff ....stayed in a casita room steps from the beach....it had been updated ....I'm an early riser so we got the same palapa each day....even at 11am there were still palapas to be had....saw property improvements since our last trip...a good sign....best beach on the island...always found something we liked at the buffets

Playa Del Carmen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed there with another couple August 2009. We all had a fantastic time. The rooms are older and were similar to a motel 6, however the room was always cleaned very well. The staff was nice and they seemed to move a bit faster when you tip. The food was ok, compared to other resorts we've stayed at. However, its wasn't bad either. The beach is what really sold us. It is one of the best beach fronts we've stayed at (Compared to Jamaica and Mexico). Aruba was nice and theres a casino 100 yards from the resort. We all felt comfortable leaving the resort and exploring the island (unlike Jamaica and Mexico is annoying). So for the money this is an excellent resort to visit and we have been talking about going back... Hopefully soon!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have just come back from two weeks at the DIVIand what a beautiful place it is. The beach was just a continuous band of white sand and turquoise blue water. The room we had was very nice with two double beds. The bathroom is in need of up dating but everything was cleaned lovely everyday. The food in the buffet was varied everyday at lunch and in the evening. we visited the Red Parrot and the Ginger restuarants which were very good. The entertainment was ok and catered for carious tastes. The staff seem friendly at all times. We would defiantely return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!