“Great Stay. Will go back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba All Inclusive

You added Divi Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #45 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Medway, Massachusetts
“Great Stay. Will go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here with my family back in March of 2012. We had a great time. The beach is gorgeous.

It is not a 5 Star Resort but the value is fantastic. Some of the rooms need updating but we loved ours. They have a different theme night every night for food in the cafeteria or you can choose to eat at one of the resturants they have between the two resorts. They even have Pizza and Burger stands/bars to eat at if you dont want to go to he cafeteria The bartenders are fantastic and made great drinks.

We will go back again for sure

Room Tip: Get an Oceanfront Lanai Room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Vire, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was our first visit to Aruba having been to other islands in the caribbean. We reallly enjoyed our stay there. The staff and people of Aruba always seem to be smiling abd friendly. The food in all the restaurants we visited was always good to excellent. you can get to others in the group by a small trolley bus. The beach is just gorgeous, The swimming pool was well maintained and clean. There was never any problems getting sunbeds.The drinks flowed well.

The accomodation was comfortable but slightly dated. There is a strong need to either replace or repaint the doors into the accomodation.

We would definately stay there again

Charlton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just returned from our 1st trip to the Divi and we already booked our return trip for next April, but this time we will be bringing our kids. We love this place. We stayed in one of the Ocean Front Rooms. Nothing better than getting up in the morning, opening up the slider and walking out to the beach. The beach wasn't crowded like it is down in the high rise section of Aruba. Plenty of room on the beach to lay out in the sun and relax. Staff is very friendly and were attentive to our needs.
It is not a 5 star resort, but, it is perfect for us. We ate dinner on the resort most nights. Highly recommend the Red Parrot Restaurant. We ate there twice and the food was excellent. We also ate at the Paparazzi Italian Restaurant and Ginger Asian Restaurant at the Tamerjin. From the staff at the front desk, the bellhops, the concierge, the servers, bartenders, and the maintenance folks, they were all very friendly, guess that is why they call Aruba, "One Happy Island." If there was anything negative that my wife and I found, it is that we saw lots of the plastic cups along with straws on the ground. We felt they could have paid more attention to this and clean them up on a daily basis. I am pretty sure I saw the same cup under a tree for much of the week. I almost picked it up myself, but didn't. Now that I think back, I wish I did. Overall, great time and looking forward to next year.

Dillon, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We spent the last week of February at the Divi with another couple. Our second trip to the Divi in 10 months. Most of the guests have stayed before and keep coming back. The culinary is outstanding each night we would dine at one of their restaurants that are included in the package and every one was outstanding. The staff is over the top friendly and truly understand customer service. Many of the returning guests treat the staff like family. We played golf at the 9 hole course which is a nice break from baking in the sun and has some outstanding holes. The beach is outstanding and the water refreshing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed five nights at the Divi AI in February 2013. This was the first all inclusive experience for myself and my husband. After reading reviews about the rooms being sort of run down, we decided to take the risk and stick with our hotel choice but with some trepidation.
The outdoor area of the resort are absolutely beautiful!! There really can't be anything to complain about in that area.
Our room was, yes, old and outdated. But, everything was clean and the cleaning and maintenance staff were great. We had a couple of issues, like the bathtub drain being very slow and a noise in the air conditioning unit, but when we mentioned it to housekeeping, they were very friendly and took care of the problems right away! The rooms were cleaned thoroughly every day with fresh linens and fresh towels. I never had any complaints in that area. The room was outdated but when you are in paradise, who spends much time in the room? We had a wonderful deck off the room that we had a view of the Caribbean even though we didn't pay for an ocean view.
The choice of restaurants were very good and we ate four square meals a day:) Including desserts! We never had any problem making reservations for the restaurants requiring them. I never felt like I was missing out on anything by only eating at our resort.
We took the time to visit the high rise area and their beaches and I have to say, the beach at Divi AI was so much better, wider, more space, and less crowded.
I would definitely stay at Divi again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went last week to DIVI Aruba...
pros: beach, sea were amazing; long stretch of property to walk along; some quirky and fun employees (Juancho & Thelma); very nice room and view (3rd floor veranda rooms only!); lizards and iguanas; pistachio ice cream; clean water to drink; feeling of safety; plenty of palapas (shade); good mix of guests; shuttle for older guests; close to airport; quiet at the DIVI, more party-ish at the TAM

cons: food average; service average; just paint the place already!; needs to have less sloppy guests about garbage, and more active employees about garbage (cups); some employees seemed unenthused to even breathe; $2 a day for a lock, then voluntary YMCA donation for $1 added on....just give the lock for free like most all-inc's...and put a barrel to collect all unused Florin money for the YMCA; no drinks stocked in fridge, so why have it?;

Overall, would I go back....probably yes, because it was quite decent....but there are so many other countries and places to go and visit, so likely won't return for a long time. Maybe it will be painted by then?

Definitely do go on a 4X4 Jeep (Land Rover) tour (4.5 hrs)...that was great! Wear sunglasses as you will get dirty on the tour, and if you have any back injuries, go on a bus instead.

Aruba is a very beautiful place!

Room Tip: Veranda third floor...great views, very private pool, 1 minute walk to everything, and very quiet!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We spent 5 days at the Divi AI on a family spring break. Kids enjoyed the beaches and the pool. As children, they were happy with the food.

As a parent, I was frustrated with walking up at 6 am to try to save a spot on the beach and the pool..and find everything already taken. This is not a Divi issue but an all inclusive issue everywhere. Just be warned, in order to get the first come first serve cabanas..wake up at 5 am. Beaches/other pool stuff.. 5:30 am.. no later than 6:15am.. SO NOT JOKING

As an adult visitor, very frustrated with the restaurant availability. The day you arrive nothing because you are allowed to reserve max 2 days ahead.. So if you only stay 4 nights like us that is 2 nights in the buffett.. and the buffets are not appetizing..more to come about the buffets... They have 4 restaurants, so again unless you are staying longer than 4 nights or don't mind dinner at 9:45 pm.. then the restaurant reservation system is beyond frustrating

Breakfast buffet.. Food good Service Fair. They set tables already with coffee so when you sit, you have no clue who your waiter/waitress are.. They don't come over introduce themselves, ask if you need anything... They don't automatically bring water. Considering this resort has clean drinking tap water..you would think at minimum..waiter/waitress would provide water.. no I had to track down every morning the nearest waiter/waitress ask them if I was sitting in their area and ask for 4 cold waters.. after that they NEVER CAME BACK FOR REFILL.. had to once again track them down..and when I asked for water, they treated me like I was asking them to pour my coffee for me and open the cream packets... water should be a minimum not an extra..

Lunch buffet - at Divi AI Fair..food sitting around, greasy.. I felt the Lunch Buffet next door at the Tam looked fresher..but even better at the Tam.. the service! The service at lunch buffet Divi again no water, who knows who my waiter/waitress is.. but at the Tam they came over, offered to get a drink from the bar, smiled, courteous, came around multiple times to ask if there was anything else we needed..needless to say after the first day, we had lunch every day next door at the Tam

Dinner Buffet - Service fair, it was actually better maybe because it is dinner..but food was poor.

Entertainment - nice for adults, saxophone player, DJ, not much entertainment for kids in the evening/night..in fact there isn't any considering this is more of a family resort than adults only

Do I regret going? no - the price was right

Would I return? no - I am an experienced all inclusive gal.. and nothing has beat my Mexico experience yet...

Have to give a shout out to the housekeeping.. on point on point on point! Courteous, no problems, no issues, no complaints!

Room Tip: I requested specifics - 2 queen, beach front, extra towels - and they did listen Bring disposable b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!