Went to Divi Tamarijn for 5 days, Dec 20-Dec 25, 2012 with my boyfriend. It was nice to be there right before Christmas, right before the big rush, and cheaper, too. The rate for 2 people was $480 per night which includes a room with a balcony right on the beach and overlooking the beach (if you open the patio door you can sleep while hearing the waves). It also includes all meals, alcoholic drinks, entertainment, non-motorized water sports and towel service. There is no waiter service on the beach but it doesn't matter, everything is just steps away.
The beach is serene and after visiting the strip of hotels where the high rises were, we realized that this was the best beach. It is about a mile long and very relaxed, spacious, with palm trees and a great view. We stayed on the Tamarijn side but you can go from and to the Divi with your wrist band and you can be at their beach, pool, restaurants, etc..
The plus sides:
- Beautiful, turquoise water, white sand that's not hot, huts on the beach for shade
- Good restaurants
- unlimited cocktails
- oceanfront quiet rooms with cable, very comfortable
- non-motorized water sports (wind surfing, kayaking)
- gym overlooking the beach
- relaxed setting, a true vacation
- beautiful island
- you get a lot for your money
- 7 different bars
- the pools aren't too terrific, but we didn't go there for the pools.
- if it's too windy, they cancel windsurfing for the day, so i recommend doing it the very first day to get it over with.
- a lot of kids (but honestly, there is enough room on the beach and at the resort
- not much variety in the breakfast and lunch buffets form day to day. While they are big buffets, they get old by the 3rd or 4th day since it's the same selection. And of course there is the danger of eating too much just because you paid for it already
I would highly recommend this all-inclusive resort as a relaxing, stress-free vacation. Watch for deals and it's definitely worth $250 per night per person, or less. If it's any more, then I'd do some comparison with other deals in Aruba or the Caribbean to be sure you're getting the most for your money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Divi Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad