“Aruba Vacation with best bud” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba All Inclusive

You added Divi Aruba All Inclusive to your Saves list
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd #45 | Druif Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Aruba Vacation with best bud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The water is amazingly beautiful. The nature of this place seemed surreal at times. Great and awesome island to visit. Planning on coming back again in October 2013.

-Please take advantage of the other Divi hotel, where they have live shows and more
dininng options.The food overal was pretty good, Maybe a 3.9 out of 5. Nothing too fancy.
extra perks was the brick oven pizza until 2am.
-You can take a cab at night to the local clubs and bars, is about a 10 mins drive for like $20
bucks. The night life was full of excitement and great places to go dancing. Boys arent so
good looking, so dont expect to see hot boyz...LOL
-Take the bus during the day to go shopping in downtown Aruba. Very easy commute and
cheap way to get around.
-The hotel pool was small and decent. The vicinity at night looked beautiful. Nice and quite
after 1am, we went skinny dipping every night with the locals. The room itself was decent and
beds were very comfy. Didn't appreciate we had to pay for wifi and the room safe.

Overall I give it a 4.0 The beach and the people were the best in Aruba. I would give a 5.0 if their drinks were better and if they would of had more dinning options

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Easton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Visited the Divi the week before Christmas. Things didn't start so well. I found out the day before we left that our room was not available, due to renovations. We were not told this by the Divi directly. I noticed a credit to my bank account. By the time I found out why, no one was available to talk to me. We arrived on Saturday and of course the reservation manager, off til Monday. Our week stay, no one ever came to check and see if we were satisfied.
Our first afternoon there was a wedding right off our room. We were told not to walk down the path to the beach and the music man was set up right out our patio door. The other negative in this area was we were at the end of the resort with a public street right next to us. Locals came and went from this area onto the beach and grass area right off our room and patio. They would stretch out their stuff all over and even change clothes in the massage hut located again, right off our patio. You do have to go out at 5:30-6am to reserve shade spot. The buffet food, horrible. The activites like the rock climbing wall were at the Tamarjn and only open limited hours. Staff was not so personable. Hats off to the great cleaning staff. Our room was always very clean.
The room was decent, the beach and water amazing. Would consider returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Breezy Point, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were in the 'Terrace' part of the resort, on the third floor, with no complaints. Our view was of the ocean and a small quiet pool below us as well as the gardens of the resort with little one story Casitas. We could see the expanse of Eagle Beach and the shade huts, so if we got the right one reserved for our family, we could check from our room when all were there.
The housekeeping was more than friendly, and very eager to greet us. Our room was perfect with two little couches next to our balcony. The choices of places to eat in our all inclusive was more than enough to satisfy any type of food wants.
Privacy wasn't an issue, and easy walks between the two resorts along with the beautiful white sandy beach and bright sunshine make every day a wonderful day with Balashi (local beer) or not.

Room Tip: Ask for the Terrace as opposed to the 'garden view' which is less money, but not worth the r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Voorhees, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Beach,staff excellent. Rooms need to be,updated, especially bathrooms in the Vista II building. Hotel food and rooms don't warrant high per room daily cost. Beach and staff exceptional and keep us going back every year

• Stayed February 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Do not pay attention to the negative reviews on this resort! My fiance and I stayed at the Divi in March 2011, which I think is still during peak time. From the moment we checked-in, we were treated as part of the family. You're given wristbands that are to be worn throughout your stay indicating that everything you wish to eat or drink is already paid for. Obviously there were other people staying at the resort, but I wouldn't say it was overly crowded. We stayed in a second floor room with a balcony that overlooked the ocean. Be sure to make reservations for the restaurants as soon as possible once you arrive as they book up quickly. That being said, remember that you are also considered a guest at their sister resort, the Tamarijn, just a short walk down the beach. The Tamarijn also has some great restaurants and bars that are worth checking out. As other reviewers have said, the sunset viewing in Aruba is incredible, and the Divi is in the perfection location to view it.

The bars on the beach and at the resorts opened at 11am and closed around midnight from what I can remember. Try the brick oven pizza at the bar near the lobby at the Divi. Special thanks to Gilbert and the rest of the crew at the bars for a memorable vacation!

Tip: If you're a family with kids, stay at the Tamarijn, which is more kid friendly. If you're a couple, choose the Divi.

Room Tip: This is common sense, but ask for a room overlooking the ocean!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Divi All inclusive for our Honeymoon Dec 3-8th this year. I have been meaning to get on here and write review sooner but have been crazy. I researched a lot prior to choosing our hotel (we knew we wanted to go to Aruba). I'm not sure who the people are who are leaving the nasty reviews but they are obviously the type of peopel who just need to stay at the Ritz on a lake or something.
We had a pool view bottom level room with a patio and sliding glass doors. Yes, the rooms could use some updating but the bed was comfortable, the housekeeps cleaned room every day with new towels, etc.
We loved the beach and we were always able to find a chair or shade at the beach and pool. Most all of the bartenders, servers were friendly and helpful. The pizza/sandwich bar near the pool is great with exception of one new cook who you have to remind to get pizza out before it burns lol.
We also found the Sandpiper bar later in the week with hamburgers and pasta made in front of you that we loved. We only ate buffet for breakfast and it was good, lots of choices, cold or hot. We ate at the Parrot twice and it was delicious!!! We ate at Ginger and it was good too. We went across the street and did the special at Windows and it was delicious with great view but can get almost same food at Parrot. We didn't get to Papparazi or The Palm (where you cook your own food) but we head good things about both. We met a true italian who had been to Palm and he said it was "Carribean Italian" lol.
We strongly recomment the snorkle tour on the Palm Catamaran. It was a mid afternoon trip with drinks and snorkle gear. The hotel can help you make reservations. Got to snorkle an old ship wreck.
Some reviews say you can't get reservations easy to restaurants etc. We arrived on first day at hotel around 3 pm and got reservations at the Ginger that night. More shuttles available at night (to Tam etc.) All bartenders are very generous with the drinks and amt of alcohol!!! If you have any specific questions I am glad to answer!

Room Tip: Room 109 Is close to beach and pool!!! If you don't want security bothing you about double loc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We came here Christmas time. We stayed in garden view room because we rarely stay in the room during day time and at night every room is same to me. Room was ok but definitely not worth the money we paid for. Every time we took a shower a small lake was forming at the floor of the bathroom. Also the halls between rooms were always covered in puddles and dirt. We had to jump over them to get to the beach.

Open buffet was terrible. I've never seen such a poor selection and low quality in any of the all-inclusive resorts I stayed. I didn't enjoy any single dish I ate there. I don't know how they manage to ruin even the simplest dishes like omelets or scrambled eggs. I don't know if it is because of the oil they use or something but the taste of the food was awful. Also staff didn't do a good job of replenishing the depleted food containers in the buffet. Restaurants were a bit better but it is tough to get a reservation for meaningful hours because number of restaurants is inadequate given the number of rooms in the hotel.

Sea was ok when it wasn't wavy but it is not something spectacular. It is a regular Caribbean beach and it is a bit muddy. Picture of the hotel may get you excited but sea looks like this all over the west side when it is not wavy. Also huts by the beach are being taken by the guests at around 5am or something because I’ve never been able to get one regardless of how early I go there which is disappointing.

Serving stuff didn’t seem friendly. They were a bit dull and seemed as if they’re forced to work there. I’d have expected some smiling faces when they’re serving. I understand that they don’t have to have a warm attitude all the time but it is something you reflect on when you’re on vacation and you became depressed with them when they approach you like that. Also I don’t understand why the cart drivers race in the resort. They drive it way too fast and in couple occasions they were about to hit me and my wife walking on the road.

In summary, I don’t recommend staying in this hotel unless you have low expectations to begin with. This hotel provide just the bare minimum for all-inclusiveness. I paid Ritz-Carlton range money to the room partly because it was Christmas time but when you pay that much money you expect to get at least quarter of what you get in Ritz-Carlton. If I were to revisit Aruba I’d try my luck at high-rise hotels which I wasn’t able to this time as I was late to organize this trip and there wasn’t much availability up there.

Room Tip: We stayed at the far end of the buildings to the southeast of the hotel and they were far from resta...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!