“This is only for the Double Down bar and grill located inside!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino

You added Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd. #248 | Aruba, Oranjestad Aruba, Aruba   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
“This is only for the Double Down bar and grill located inside!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at La Cabana next door and were looking for some quick and easy food... this place is terrible ... there was only one other group of people in the restaurant so there should have been no problems but there were so many... I asked for a side salad but the waitress insisted on bringing me a poached pear salad... which was gross... my mom ordered the ribs... cold and no meat all bones .. huge bones... meanwhile I never received my meal and when I asked about it I was told could I wait 15 more minutes because the chef was busy... this was the worst place I have ever been and it really needs to shut down if they can't handle 2 tables.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I went to Aruba for the very first time to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend. We chose the Tropicana, resort and casino because we wanted to be close to the beach but still with enough privacy for this special occasion.
Unfortunately the hotel didn't live to my expectations. Even though I sent an email with time in advance to let them know we choose them among others, it seemed that they didn't care. I also let them know I was celebrating my birthday and I asked them to send me information about special activities of what to do during my visit, they just sent me an email saying I should email their concierge directly.
The room was spacious but not really clean. It smelled like chemicals. The ventilation system in the room was really bad and the AC was way too noisy.
Our room (1416) was right in front of one of the pools, so at times was very noisy.
Last but not least, my boyfriend got sick during the trip, so on our last day we needed to go to the doctor and get some medicine. We requested for a late check out at least for him to rest for a little bit longer before our flight back to the US, but the lady at the front desk was not compassionate about this and she said they needed the room at 11:30am since another guest was already checking into that room.
I would say that if the workers at the Tropicana were a little bit more courteous and compassionate this would be the best place to stay at, until then... Is just another average place to stay.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Visit was pretty decent. Spent 12 days there and had one major complaint. They decided to do a hard round off renovations next door, non-stop hammering, drilling, sawing, etc. They ended up moving us directly across to the other side of the hotel, with no help, and no discount for the inconvenience. A little caring would've went a long way. Once across the hotel, realized they put us in a newly renovated room. Night and day between both rooms. I'd try and request a newly renovated one if they aren't finished by now.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard R, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hi Derek,

Thank you for your feedback. And sorry for the inconvenience you went throu. We'd like for our guests to enjoy their whole stay with us every time. The renovation is scheduled for completion end November/ December. We hope we can offer you a completed room by your next visit.

Looking forward to welcome you again, I remain,

Be well,
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We own a timeshare at the Tropicana and visit every couple of years. The place was built in the early 80s and is currently undergoing some upgrades.

The rooms are large, the kitchens are well equipped and the cleaning staff are excellent. Laundry facilities are available on every floor ($2 USD to wash, same to dry), although you have to buy tokens for the machines at the front desk. There are two pools in the inner courtyard, one with a waterslide. There are lots of chairs and beach tables available. In this same courtyard is Bob's Pizza, a bar and grill that has great food.

There is a Baskin Robbins ice cream shop as well as a small convenience store on site.

There is an activities co-ordinator in the lobby that will gladly book reservations for day trips, snuba, snorkelling, ATVs, etc. Often, they can book at a discount compared to dealing with the activities providers directly.

Although we own a number of timeshares, the Tropicana is our favourite. Like anywhere, the people make the difference and the Tropicana has excellent people.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hi Don,

Thank you for your loyalty – we are honored to have you with us. And I’m glad to hear that overall the staff was friendly. We are looking forward to the completed renovations/ upgrades by end of 2015! We appreciate the kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stay well,

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for the entire week during world cup which was a plus being a soccer fan. The room had everything we needed to have a great vacation at a much lower overall cost by utilizing the kitchen a portion of the time. The beach was 1 block away and chairs were alway available regardless of the time we arrived. The super market was a short walk across the highway just behind the resort and we went daily for fresh fruit and bread. The casino was very small and seemed to cater to the locals I've never seen a bar stool reserved until I went there but the specials were good. Recommend taking the bus with a stop 1 block away and going to the real casinos downtown. If you snorkel take the bus and head to Malok that's where all the snorkel boats go and the bus is only $2.20 no matter where you go. The room was very large and clean with a nice patio to enjoy the evening. I would definately go back for the savings and location. Food is extremely expensive so for families this resort would be appealing allow you to save on food and spend the money on excursions and fun stuff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard R, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking a moment to write your review with your feedback. We appreciate this very much.

It's nice to hear you did enjoy your stay with us, and have made good use of the amenities we have to offer. Thank you for your loyalty and recomendations.

We sure look forward to welcome you back, and to show you the renovated phase.

Stay well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nathy, the bartender, at the Tropicana Casino was the best! She served us with a huge smile and we had some great conversations about the island Aruba. Even though we were not hungry, she convinced us to have the delicious Mozerella sticks and chicken fingers. We will definitely be back for more.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hi Brigitte,

Thank you for your feedback and nice words on Nathy. I will make sure she get to know this.
We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Be well.

Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed a week at the Tropicana and it was not at all what we expected. The hotel is old and the rooms smelled. I say rooms, because they had to move us to another room and both rooms smelled musty and moldy. The entire facility is old and it shows. In fairness, the facility is currently undergoing a much needed remodeling.The rooms are equipped with a basic kitchen with a bar, dining table, couch and chair and a small TV. Bedroom was decent sized but the bed was uncomfortable. Good size closets and plenty of hangers and a safe. The bathroom was equipped with standard size whirlpool tub. The bathroom floors were so gross we wore sandals anytime we had to go in the bathroom. It looked like the tile grout had not been cleaned (Not a housekeeping issue, needs re-grouting) since the place was built. WiFi was only available in the lobby areas and at Pizza Bob's in the pool area. Food and drinks at Pizza Bobs was good. Duncan Donuts is located in the outdoor lobby area. Pools were nice and clean but you are only allowed to use one pool towel per day. The casino is small and smelly and located in a small building across the parking lot. The Tropicana is located in the "low rise" area, a short walk across the street from beautiful Eagle Beach. Food store is about 1/2 mile away and the mall, shopping, and restaurant area is about a mile away. Nice area! I must compliment the staff, everyone from the bellman, front desk, housekeeping, and concierge staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hi Sirs,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review, it is much appreciated.

As you have noticed, we are in a renovation process and we look forward to see the final product by end of November. We hope to be able to welcome you after renovation, and make your stay enjoyable.

Greeting from sunny Aruba.

Kind regards,
Executive Administrative Assistant

Been to Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!