“Tropicana Aruba resort is a relaxing quiet resort” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free parking
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Oranjestad
London, Canada
“Tropicana Aruba resort is a relaxing quiet resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a family vacation from Aruba! We had booked quite late and places to stay in aruba were limited. After reading reviews on Tropicana, we decided to book a room. Although the location is not right in the hub of all the activity located in the high rise district, it is only a short 5 min drive. It is a resort that is not all updated, but the rooms are super spacious and and clean. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite. The kingsize bed was super comfortable!!!
The pool areas are clean and relaxing. Our favourite was the waterfall pool.
Friendly staff throughout the entire week. Very helpful with directions, we had a bit of a time finding some restaurants! It's not that easy!! Lots of construction in the downtown area.
We are a family of 4, two older teenagers, husband and myself.
When we travel we typically stay away from larger crowded 'popular hotel' type chains And found tropicana met all if our needs on this holiday.
The beach is a 5 min walk through la Cabana hotel. Ample chairs are available there and staff is easy to find to help with getting them.
I wish I was still there!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
We wish you were still here too! I’m glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us. I hope we are able to welcome you back to our One Happy Island next year!

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Wakefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I do not understand some of the reviews for this resort. The front desk was excellent, and the staff could not have been more helpful. Check-in was great and the room was done early. The only thing was there was six of us and we were told that if you loose one towel you would pay $25. I counted towels all week. I was also given a back door key to my room and told if I lost it, it would cost me $50. Then they took a $200 deposit on the room to be returned at check out. Then fees on the room every night. It was a little much, but not the staffs fault. Rooms were clean. I swapped my time share for this vacation. The only issue with this resort is the kitchen is nice but other resorts I have been to supply dish washing soap, paper towels, salt and pepper, some little items. This resort supplies nothing, not even a roll of paper towels. Major items were great, it's the little things that count. I would stay at this resort again and again. It is quiet. If you want action and a busy beach stay down the high rise area and Palm beach. I called maintenance once and they were in the room fixing an issue within five minutes. I travel and thought my family of six had a great time.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for the feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself and you gave me some things to consider to improve the experience – I really appreciate that. I agree, the small things definitely make a difference. I hope we see you again soon.

pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I are big fans of reviews on tripadvisor while planning our trips. We loved the tropicana. It was perfect for our needs. We loved that the resort was so close to eagle beach. We loved that is wasn't a super crowded resort which you couldn't get pool chairs at any time of the day. The shortest, 3 minutes walk through La Cabana gets you to the beach. La Cabana looked great also, but so so so crowded. We repeatedly saw many chairs with early morning towels, to hold them, and often didn't see people at them at any time in the day. We never had to do that at the tropicana. The staff was very friendly. We didn't have any issues with check-in or check-out. We loved bingo and games at the pool bar and Brenda and Sasha were AMAZING!!! So friendly and accommodating! We loved the waterslide(we didn't even have any kids with us!!!) Quick and cheap cab rides to the high rise area. The supermarket was so close and so convenient to have a fridge, stove, toaster oven, and microwave in the room(saved us so much money by not having to eat every meal out) I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone who doesn't require the most luxurious resort on the island, anyone trying to save a little money by having the kitchen available, and also, anyone looking to have a super relaxing vacation with no fuss. We left Aruba on April 3rd and are planning a trip back to the Tropicana in October!!! Please message me if you have any questions at all!!! Peace, love and travel! :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I really appreciate you recognizing Brenda and Sasha by name. I’ll be sure to pass along the kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in October!

Long Island,New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Tropicana rooms are dated but very clean. It has a kitchen with a complete set of cookware,microwave,toaster and a full size refrigerator. There is a big grocery store just across from the hotel. Eagle beach is not a far walk. If you are not looking for a fancy five star hotel and prefers to have an affordable' nice, clean place to stay, this is the place. There are two clean swimming pools with in the resort, one has a big slide which my two boys enjoyed so much. The hotel is not crowded at all. Eagle beach is also not crowded, unlike palm beach where in high rise hotels are located close to the beach area. Less space to move around, crowded with a lot of tourists.Eagle beach has less people and you do not have to worry getting a lounge chair, since there is someone from the hotel who will provide it for you. We truly enjoyed Aruba-perfect weather and glorious beach.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the review. I’m glad you enjoyed the property. We hope to see you again soon.

Del Mar, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel is very out dated but they are in the process of remodeling it. Several things broke while we were there in the room that were never fixed, so I was less than happy with the service. It has a huge grocery store in walking distance which is great. Eagle Beach is gorgeous (as is all of Aruba), but it's much quieter than Palm Beach. Tropicana is behind another hotel that is across the street from Eagle Beach. Their pool is shaded in so we never went there. I would definitely return to Aruba, but not to the Tropicana. Make sure to go to Baby beach and Moomba beach while you are there!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Monroe, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This resort is Tops since new owners took over. There are major improvements going on all of the time. The pools are always clean. There is never a problem finding a chaise poolside. The grounds are beautiful. There is a shuttle to the beach operated by "Raymond" about every 30 minutes. Most units are newly painted and all rooms have new mattresses and most have new furniture. The new tiki huts are huge and if it rains you don't get wet if you stay outside. The new spa is huge and busy daily. The personnel are all very accommodating and friendly. Buster's recently moved out of the restaurant/casino but the Trop has taken it over as they own it and they are making improvements and have hired a new chef and it will still be a "sports bar". It is about a 5 minute walk to the new Super Foods grocery store. Have stayed here for 3 weeks in April/May past 4 years and we love it here.

Room Tip: Take a second floor or above room or if it rains there is no roof over the patio's on first floo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. It is greatly appreciated. We did hire a new chef for the bar and restaurant. He has been working on some really fun menu concepts – I’m excited for the food tastings to begin. We will see you next year!

Be well,
St Maarten-St Martin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed in Aruba for 4 nights for a medical visit. It is located in the Low Rise Hotel Area. Be advised that this place is not super fancy. The building is fairly old to a point where it is in need of a paint job and the room itself isnt modernly updated, but it is comfortable. We had a full kitchen, living room and bedroom with a bathroom. King Size Bed. There is cable but I found it odd that the living room has a flat screen TV, but a very old bulky small TV in the bedroom.
Front desk staff was very friendly. There is free WIFI in the lobby but you can buy 3rd party WIFI cards at the front desk. Its $10 a day or $35 for a week. We were in 2582 and the WIFI worked great. Be advised you can only have 1 electronic device connected to the internet at a time. Whirlpool tub and the water is nice and HOT and Aruba Aloe products in dispensers in the bathroom. They have 2 huge pools and a slide in one. Super fun. There is a Dunkin Donuts on property which was nice for a quick breakfast. Bob's Pizza on property was also yummy. When you check in you get 2 coupons for 2 drinks at Bob's which was nice. Avis has nice car deals if you stay at Tropicana which you can call directly from the front desk. its a 5 minute drive to the High Rise hotels and shopping/restuarant block, Overall, it was a comfortable stay and i would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the main road are noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Stef,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I hope everything went well on the medical side. I agree with you that it is time to start painting. I’m not sure if you noticed the samples that were on the upper floors near the waterfall pool. We are evaluating the color schemes as we speak. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Brian Stedeford

Been to Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!